GUILTY - Tammy Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 8 Oct 2018 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sidney was released from JRL on 10/17 because he was moved back to his permanent location at the Lee Correctional Facility. He was in holding here as a potential witness to be called. You can see his full movements on the SC Inmate Locator page.

They did. The state later requested nolle prosequi, which meant they would no longer prosecute, but they have the option to re-charge. They did this because they didn't have the case they needed.
nolle prosequi

That's very interesting. Thank you for the info. Good that they have the option to charge again tho'.

Just wanted to say thank you to longtime WS’s for being so welcoming to us newbies!! I wish I wouldn’t have lurked for so long. I went back last night and read some of your posts from 2015, although I am certain they go back much further.
I will definitely stick around! There are other cases I would love to sleuth with you awaiting justice for those without a voice!!!

Come and say hi to us on some of the Australian cases, we won't turn you away :D

Come and say hi to us on some of the Australian cases, we won't turn you away :D
Thank you for the invite Freddo Frog. I tend to get obsessed. I was living in VT very close to where Maura Murray disappeared as well as Brianna Maitland. I would drive to the areas wanting to get out and search myself. I feel the desire to help but don’t know how. I’m certain many here feel the same way!!

Thank you for the invite Freddo Frog. I tend to get obsessed. I was living in VT very close to where Maura Murray disappeared as well as Brianna Maitland. I would drive to the areas wanting to get out and search myself. I feel the desire to help but don’t know how. I’m certain many here feel the same way!!
I know how you feel. Heather brought me here years ago. I live so close to where this happened, that it just pulled me in. I don’t think emotionally I have it in me to follow other cases this closely. I often wonder if I missed my calling, but I think my emotions would get the best of me.
I’m so grateful for this group.

I just woke up, 6AM here, to this wonderful news.
Tears of joy. So emotional.
So happy for the Elvis family.
Sorry I missed the FANTASTIC moment here, when you all received the news.
After being up, since 2AM yesterday to follow here, I was a wreck, and needed sleep this morning.
Will go back, to share the moment here, with all the great Posts.
Thanks everyone.:):):):)

I'm in Australia, too, Tmar, and I did NOT expect to wake up to a verdict this morning! Now we just need good news for William...

I know how you feel. Heather brought me here years ago. I live so close to where this happened, that it just pulled me in. I don’t think emotionally I have it in me to follow other cases this closely. I often wonder if I missed my calling, but I think my emotions would get the best of me.
I’m so grateful for this group.
Completely agree! I tried college out of high school. I was going for law enforcement. I wanted to be a criminal profiler like John Douglas. Well I had a young child and I just didn’t stick it out.
The two cases I mentioned are different because there is no social media whatsoever. People were still using mapquest print outs. No real technical evidence.
It’s just complete wilderness in both cases. Mountains and trees and forests for miles upon miles. Both disappeared in the winter. Both cars found left behind, like Heather.

I just have to say thank you to all of you. I came here because of Heather, and it’s always felt like a safe place to share and talk. I don’t ever comment on FB posts related to her case because of fear.

When I came back a few weeks ago, i found it comforting to see so many of the regulars I remember from past threads. I feel like we all know each other. There is someone in particular that I remember thinking a few years back was definitely on the Ms side, and I got a bit worried, but as time went on, I realized she was just playing devil’s advocate, and really wanted justice for heather, like the rest of us. I learned to appreciate those posts because I enjoyed thinking about things from different perspectives.

I remember some of you going out and looking for the payphone, following the route to PTL, etc. I did so much of the same and always wondered if any of my WS friends were there.

I drive by Peachtree Rd everyday. I still look in the wooded areas along the roads (especially after heavy rains) for any sign- even though it’s been years.

My heart rejoiced with all of yours today. I yelled when I saw the verdict. NL was amazing and told the story of that night perfectly- she spoke for Heather. Who knows if it was accurate, but it sure fit. My heart breaks with all of yours too, as the realization sets in that although there is a guilty verdict, that won’t bring Heather back. The relief was quickly replaced with sadness. I still want so many answers. The unknown is difficult to accept.

I worry that neither Moorer will ever give up Heather’s location. Assuming Heather was pregnant (&, I think she was), TM & SM knew they had to hide her extremely well. If she was discovered, the coroner/ME could crosstype the DNA of the fetus & link it back to SM being the father. And, statistically, when a pregnant woman is murdered, it’s usually the father of the baby who is the murderer (or, he & his wife, as in this case). IMO
Remember like 100 years ago, (okay, more like 4-5) when many of us posted the hypothesis that the Moorers had dumped HE’s body somewhere on the road trip vacation they went on shortly after her disappearance? Turns out, as we learned during TM’s trial, they showed up to visit SM’s mother for Christmas for the first time in ages (maybe ever?). It seems very possible that HE is anywhere between the PTL area & their eventual destination of SM’s mother’s house. What better way to explain a road trip than going to visit Mama for the holidays.
:(

I worry that neither Moorer will ever give up Heather’s location. Assuming Heather was pregnant (&, I think she was), TM & SM knew they had to hide her extremely well. If she was discovered, the coroner/ME could crosstype the DNA of the fetus & link it back to SM being the father. And, statistically, when a pregnant woman is murdered, it’s usually the father of the baby who is the murderer (or, he & his wife, as in this case).
Remember like 100 years ago, (okay, more like 4-5) when many of us posted the hypothesis that the Moorers had dumped HE’s body somewhere on the road trip vacation they went on shortly after her disappearance? Turns out, they showed up to visit SM’s mother for the first time as a family, right, on Christmas? Seems to me it’s possible HE is anywhere between the PTL area
I remember there was a lot of discussion that she may be hidden in plain sight. But I'm in the camp that she was never at PTL in the first place.

I think LE's previous problem (one of them) was that they locked themselves into a PTL scenario that had a timeline so brief, it was hard to see Heather being murdered there. And then what? Because they appeared to go back home after that. Some then thought that meant she might be on their property or other nearby property. It seems like I recall an unoccupied property, or perhaps structures/a barn on land that were not being used.

If LB is where it really started, it may have ended there too. Or, in her parking lot. I've always found it strange that her phone made it back to her apartment parking lot, but not into the apartment.

I remember there was a lot of discussion that she may be hidden in plain sight. But I'm in the camp that she was never at PTL in the first place.

I think LE's previous problem (one of them) was that they locked themselves into a PTL scenario that had a timeline so brief, it was hard to see Heather being murdered there. And then what? Because they appeared to go back home after that. Some then thought that meant she might be on their property or other nearby property. It seems like I recall an unoccupied property, or perhaps structures/a barn on land that were not being used.

If LB is where it really started, it may have ended there too. Or, in her parking lot. I've always found it strange that her phone made it back to her apartment parking lot, but not into the apartment.

I don't think it's odd that her phone didn't go "into the apartment." I'm not sure it would be that accurate. I have an app on my phone to track my teenagers and while it tells me what address they are at, I can't tell if they are in the parking lot or inside the building.

I agree with you that she never made it to PTL. She was killed and disposed of at Longbeard's in my opinion. They took a chance that their precautions with not using phones and choosing places with no cameras would pay off, and in part that worked out for them. I think she was put in the dumpster at LB and by the time the phone records showed she was even there, she was long gone :(.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE