GUILTY - Tammy Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 8 Oct 2018 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Google to the rescue:

Spousal Privilege:

Marital communications privilege: Neither spouse can be compelled to testify as to private, confidential communications between them in either criminal or civil proceedings. ... Not every statement between spouses is confidential or a communication.

Can a spouse waive spousal privilege?

Federal Rule of Evidence 501: Testimonial privilege that permits a witness to refuse to testify against his or her spouse. The witness spouse alone holds the privilege and may choose to waive it.

I guess the question is, "does the state have enough evidence to convict both of them for kidnapping?" And importantly, does the state have enough to convict TM in this current trial? If yes, there's no need for the state to offer a plea for his testimony. If no, then one wonders why the state brought TM's case to trial in the first place, and before securing such a plea deal?

Sid already had one hung jury for his kidnapping trial. The most they've gotten on him so far is obstruction and he'll be out soon.

I really wish they would have been tried together and convicted together :(.

No one is talking about the smoking gun. After the deed but before the pot sticker request (but shortly after he powers his phone back on) he sends Tammy a text “Got HE ADD”. Come on y’all – that was really “ Got HE *advertiser censored*”. It fits. He is letting Tammy know that “he got Heather Elvis‘s *advertiser censored*”. It was over. The deed was done. The next text is about the potstickers and then it’s “I’m home.“.
Why is it so obvious to me and not to everyone else? He hit the D instead of the S on a keyboard. They are next to each other. A common mistake.

Personally I think the evidence they have presented here is enough to convict them both.

Last edited:
No one is talking about the smoking gun. After the deed but before the pot sticker comment he sends Tammy a text “Got HE ADD”. Come on y’all – that was really “ Got HE *advertiser censored*”. It fits. He is letting Tammy know that “he got Heather Elvis‘s *advertiser censored*”. It was over. The deed was done. The next text is about the potstickers and then it’s “I’m home.“.
Why is it so obvious to me and not to everyone else? He hit the D instead of the S on a keyboard. They are next to each other. A common mistake.

Personally I think the evidence they have presented here is enough to convict them both.

I agree it's enough to convict them BOTH. Not sure about separate :(.

That may have been Got HE's *advertiser censored*, but it may not have been. There were a LOT of spelling errors and auto corrects in those texts :(. It could also be "got the add" or ADD, maybe it's an acronym for something....... (devil's advocate)

No one is talking about the smoking gun. After the deed but before the pot sticker request (but shortly after he powers his phone back on) he sends Tammy a text “Got HE ADD”. Come on y’all – that was really “ Got HE *advertiser censored*”. It fits. He is letting Tammy know that “he got Heather Elvis‘s *advertiser censored*”. It was over. The deed was done. The next text is about the potstickers and then it’s “I’m home.“.

When I text and send it wrong (such as: lefr...meaning left).
It will drive me crazy if I don't sent a second text like this:
"left not lefr" Why wouldn't he do the same? He could see it says ADD...

Also If you watch closely all the texting, it is TM who makes mistakes in typing a wrong letter here or there, it isn't SM.

The prosecution must disclose a plea agreement to the defense before trial (reasonable timeframe is law where I live, but I would imagine ‘reasonable’ stands in SC as well). Meaning Tammy would be well aware if Sidney had flipped, and I think she’d have her attorneys going for the jugular (more than just calling him bisexual, and a chronic cheater...can’t think of any other track marks from the TM bus on SM butt).

He still may have, and perhaps they’re going somewhat easy on him for some strategic reason - (her missing wedding ring is of note, though).

BUT, if he didn’t, I will absolutely love watching Nancy rip him to shreds on the stand. IMO, both TM and SM overestimate the believability of their lies, and on stand, SM is going to wilt under her gaze. IMO, ya know.

Also If you watch closely all the texting, it is TM who makes mistakes in typing a wrong letter here or there, it isn't SM.

I noticed some of the articles about today’s trial says “ready to meet the missus” instead of MRS.
Not being pedantic - I make note of it because I believe none of the reporters had an actual view of the texts - so, do we know if it was “got he ADD” and not “got HE Ad” meaning she’d try to spin it as an advertisement for some store? For her coupon clipping?

(I did miss cross examination of that witness, so perhaps they covered this)

Seems too coincidental, given her plethora of spelling and typographical errors, to not be “got HE add” meaning *advertiser censored* or Add. Meaning adresss

I hope closing arguments are going to include a reminder of TAMMY'S searches for when the full moon was going to be, AND the fact that all this went down on a full moon.

And that Heather's nickname on some social media was Moonchild.

I agree it's enough to convict them BOTH. Not sure about separate :(.

That may have been Got HE's *advertiser censored*, but it may not have been. There were a LOT of spelling errors and auto corrects in those texts :(. It could also be "got the add" or ADD, maybe it's an acronym for something....... (devil's advocate)
Come on. He turned his phone back on & announced that it was done & over! The timing is dead-on - pun intended.
Maybe ad was “and dead”. Am convinced that was his way of letting her know it was a done deal!
Let us see a screenshot of the actual text.
This should be cut and dry and it’s getting confusing. Some people think it is his text to her and others think it is her text to him. Some people are questioning the timing.
IMHO it fits the whole scenario - we got Heather Elvis and it’s over. Let’s eat some potstickers and drink some orange juice.

Last edited:
It w
Was the “got HE add” text from Sidney to Tammy, or Tammy to Sidney? I was cooking during it and I mistakenly thought it was to her sister
. It was from Sydney to Tammy after he turned on his phone, (after
4:00 AM, I thought) & just before he got home. Let’s eat some potstickers and drink some orange juice.

Last edited:

AD could have also meant “and dead”. Whatever - it was an announcement that it was DONE!(IMHO)

Last edited:
Come on. He turned his phone back on & announced that it was done & over! The timing is dead-on - pun intended.
Maybe ad was “and dead”. Am convinced that was his way of letting her know it was a done deal!
Let us see a screenshot of the actual text.

I didn't see all of today's testimony. Do we know for sure who had control of what phone and when?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member