GUILTY - Tammy Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 8 Oct 2018 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remembered a quote from a children's book that put me to mind of TM, and thought I'd share. I'm not commenting on her looks or attractiveness, just wanted to put that out there first!

If a person has ugly thoughts, it begins to show on the face. And when that person has ugly thoughts every day, every week, every year, the face gets uglier and uglier until you can hardly bear to look at it.

A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts it will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.

-Roald Dahl, The Twits

I was thinking today how much her face has changed in just the, what, 10(?) days since the trial started? She was almost poised and confident when it first started, smiling and probably thinking this was going to be a walk in the park for her. Today I thought she looked haunted and like maybe the reality of probably going to jail has started to sink in. It hurts to look at, almost. Wish she would just end this and confess. It would be so much easier on her and her poor kids!

Who texts about ads at 4am?

People who work the night shift and are often up at that time? The musician "boyfriend" said she was a night owl, and other testimony said that SM did his maintenance when restaurants were closed.

<modsnipped - against TOS>

Last edited by a moderator:
How does SM texting TM that it’s done lend itself to the seemingly popular opinion that TM was the killer? Unless TM was the killer & SM was tasked with dumping HE’s body?
Always thought she was the killer & she definitely had words with Heather but now I think maybe she forced him to actually do the deed to hold it over his head. You know she always had to have the power over others, in a twisted way, especially over him. Do believe that Tammy convinced Heather that her impending doom was at her bequest &
that she had that kind of power over Sydney where he did what she said. That would explain her gloating afterwards. She definitely gloated gleefully.

How does SM texting TM that it’s done lend itself to the seemingly popular opinion that TM was the killer? Unless TM was the killer & SM was tasked with dumping HE’s body?
Personally I think this text if it is from him to her at that time right before he got home and right after he turned on his phone that it pretty much changes the narrative and makes him the killer.
That also explains her gloating about it afterwards because it was at her command & she made damn sure Heather knew Sydney was doing it for Tammy.

Know what my phone constantly does? I'll type "the" in a text, and after I send it, I realize it reads "he." Nine times out of 10. We can all declare what we think this text is about, but let's remember that none of us knows for sure.

It could be about a coupon, because they planned on using that as an alibi at one point, the previous text was talking about going to the store and mentioned not needing the "add" because it's online, and a lot of people mistakenly think "add" is short for advertisement.

It could also be short for "address," and they could be talking about Heather's address. While I'm not sure what the store would have to do with that, there is nearly an hour and a half between the texts, so that lends itself to the conspiracy that someone was heading to Heather's apartment at that point.

It could also just be a code they agreed to use ahead of time. At 1:47 AM the text was sent saying "we don't need the add. It's online now." "It" could mean Heather. From 1:53 to 2:09, Heather was posting to Tumblr, so she was online at about that time.

See what I'm saying? We could really go off the rails with the possibilities of what that string of texts meant. Unfortunately, only a couple people know for sure, and they're not likely to explain it to us in earnest anytime soon.

If they were smart enough to turn off their phones, smart enough to remove the sync module from the Ford truck, why weren’t they smart enough to *not* text “got HE add” after the kidnapping and murder??

Hmmm. Could it be the name of a restaurant that sells OJ And pot stickers? Like “got dominos”

That's why that last text is not really a smoking gun. A 'smoking gun' is easily identified as smoking and a gun; it's not up to interpretation, it's something that shows the guilty party in a way that cannot be denied. This particular text, while hinky as hell, can still be speculated to be any number of things being said, from something innocent to full-on confession. That's problematic as you never want a jury to have multiple interpretations of something you're hanging your hat on in a case.

That's why that last text is not really a smoking gun. A 'smoking gun' is easily identified as smoking and a gun; it's not up to interpretation, it's something that shows the guilty party in a way that cannot be denied. This particular text, while hinky as hell, can still be speculated to be any number of things being said, from something innocent to full-on confession. That's problematic as you never want a jury to have multiple interpretations of something you're hanging your hat on in a case.

I think seeing it would be advantageous - was it “got HE add” or “got he ad” “got he AD” etc

not to be finicky, but rather to clarify for the jurors (and us!) the likelihood of a typo for *advertiser censored*, or otherwise.

I can’t fathom why he’d text something so incriminating, given the premeditation of removing the sync and the phones turned off, and I genuinely wonder what else he could have been typing - some excuse for why he was out, should his records be pulled?

This one is sticking in my craw, was it a stupid error that doesn’t line up with their other actions or Something else? Maybe “got the ad” to make it seem like he was walking coupons upstairs to Tammy...

Know what my phone constantly does? I'll type "the" in a text, and after I send it, I realize it reads "he." Nine times out of 10. We can all declare what we think this text is about, but let's remember that none of us knows for sure.

It could be about a coupon, because they planned on using that as an alibi at one point, the previous text was talking about going to the store and mentioned not needing the "add" because it's online, and a lot of people mistakenly think "add" is short for advertisement.

It could also be short for "address," and they could be talking about Heather's address. While I'm not sure what the store would have to do with that, there is nearly an hour and a half between the texts, so that lends itself to the conspiracy that someone was heading to Heather's apartment at that point.

It could also just be a code they agreed to use ahead of time. At 1:47 AM the text was sent saying "we don't need the add. It's online now." "It" could mean Heather. From 1:53 to 2:09, Heather was posting to Tumblr, so she was online at about that time.

See what I'm saying? We could really go off the rails with the possibilities of what that string of texts meant. Unfortunately, only a couple people know for sure, and they're not likely to explain it to us in earnest anytime soon.

I didn’t see this before I posted, but I wish I did. You’re right, we can speculate until the cows come home, but we won’t know without a doubt.

Excellent point about a potential code - meaning it’s done, perhaps.

I’ll be here watching with you guys tomorrow - see you all then!

WOW - 250 plus posts to read this morning. Thank you AGAIN! for all the updates!

question?
Sufside said:
Mic drop!

Maybe a little dense here - but not understanding this statement most of you are posting. What does that mean? Someone dropped the mic? Probably not....
74x46px-LL-59c83b81_question-marks.gif

Madeleine said:
snipped by me....
He may not say nice things about his wife if he's on the stand, but he's not going to roll over and put himself in the crosshairs, and by flipping, that's exactly what he'd be doing.

Unless he got a really GOOD plea deal!!?? But then someone mentioned that IF he got a deal the Defense would know.

Can't wait to see who is on the stand today!!

The trial of a South Carolina woman accused of kidnapping her husband’s lover was nearly derailed by explosive sexts she sent a male teenager.
Lynch testified that messages indicated that Moorer confiscated her husband’s phone and used the device to sext a teen named “Caleb.” He claimed the sexting started after Moorer found out about her husband’s extramarital affair and searched the internet about “cougar life.”
Prosecutors allege that Moorer was driven by jealousy to get rid of Elvis after she learned about her husband’s affair. The defense team, however, claims the Moorers had an open marriage and the defendant knew her husband was having sex with Elvis.
https://nypost.com/2018/10/16/wifes...rail-trial-over-kidnapping-of-husbands-lover/

Wednesday, October 17th:
*Trial Continues (Day 8) (@ 9:30am ET) - SC - Heather Rachelle Elvis (20) (Dec. 19, 2013; never found) - Tammy Caison Moorer (41/now 45) charged & indicted (2/27/17) with kidnapping & indicted (April 27, 2018) with conspiracy to commit kidnapping.
9/17/18 Update: South Carolina’s Supreme Court rejected an effort by Horry County prosecutors to move the cases of Sidney and Tammy Moorer under one judge. The decision seemingly paves the way for Tammy Moorer’s trial related to the kidnapping of Heather Elvis to move forward next week on 10/8. Defense filed motion for change of venue, but were denied.
Going to skip Day 1 thru 6.... a bit too long.
10/16/18 Update Day 7: State witnesses: Lindsey McGraw, computer forensics investigative expert for SC Atty Genl Office. Will Lynch, investigator with the 15th Solicitor's Drug Enforcement Unit in 2013, officer with the North Myrtle Beach Police Dept. He read TM's text messages. Break at lunch, Defense asks for a mistrial. Defense motions for a mistrial based on the testimony about the texts. State argues that it relates to the conspiracy charge, among other things. Judge appears to admonish state for going too far, but denies the motion for a mistrial after hearing state's arguments. James Perry from the Greenville County Sheriff's Office, another computer/ cell phone forensics analyst. Brianna Warrelmann, Heather Elvis' former roommate. Court will resume at 9:30 tomorrow, 10/17.

WOW - 250 plus posts to read this morning. Thank you AGAIN! for all the updates!

question?

Maybe a little dense here - but not understanding this statement most of you are posting. What does that mean? Someone dropped the mic? Probably not....
74x46px-LL-59c83b81_question-marks.gif

Unless he got a really GOOD plea deal!!?? But then someone mentioned that IF he got a deal the Defense would know.

Can't wait to see who is on the stand today!!

A mic drop is the gesture of intentionally dropping one's microphone at the end of a performance or speech to signal triumph. Figuratively, it is an expression of triumph for a successful event and indicates a boastful attitude toward one's own performance. Wikipedia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scomo