GUILTY - Tammy Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 8 Oct 2018 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could never be a judge. I have zero patience for this mess.
Same and my face would not allow it.

"Are you going to put your iPad into evidence?" Oh, Judge Culbertson. *swoon*
Bless his heart

I guarantee the jury is lost and doesn't care about this.
I hope and believe so too

The 80lb bags don't go very far. I used one per footing on my deck. The footing hole was probably big enough to bury a cat or a small dog in.
Big enough for Heather's phone and a pregnancy test and flip phone.

I have neck ache from being so tense with frustration during AC's testimony. I'm going to take a hot soak in the tub and get lost in a book for a few hours so I can reset myself before court resumes tomorrow.
I literally went to CVS and bought cheap drugstore wine b/c this mess was too much today.

Thanks for the updates at the end, ya'll are the best!
IMO

Were the posts about getting the ads etc. actually to PC and AC acted like they were to her since PC wasn't able to testify? Also, will the state bring in someone to testify that FB posts can be changed as in date posted? Does the state always get rebuttal or just in DP cases? Thanks for any knowledge.

I am totally dying. I was telling my grown son, who knows a lot of musicians, about this crazy trial day. Asked him if he ever heard of Pepper. He actually said he knows him and his parents. He said there is no way P would have ever given TM the time of day, let alone have her live with him in NOLA.

Hi, new here but I've been lurking forever. I've been trying to keep up with the trial here but I think I missed something today. How did AC's story about TM going to work with SM that night turn into something about couponing? Sorry if it's a stupid question.

Won't work. It was the Moorer family that ignored the instructions to not watch any of the trial. No doubt they were instructed and they purposely did it anyway. That's not an IAC point. There's nothing so far the defense attorneys have done that would be considered IAC.

Thank you Madeleine for this reply.

I have been really stressing about the way their own witnesses were tossed this morning.

The defense will surely try to appeal this case if it doesnt end well for TM.

Last edited:
Hi, new here but I've been lurking forever. I've been trying to keep up with the trial here but I think I missed something today. How did AC's story about TM going to work with SM that night turn into something about couponing? Sorry if it's a stupid question.

Welcome NCmama.:):):)
Your first Post here.
Certainly not a stupid question.
Couponing was discussed in past threads.
Perhaps answers a text, that we were wondering about, regarding mistyping.
Hope you'll join us here tomorrow for loads more.

IHNI. I think they are going with the baffle them with BS defense.

I hope the judge’s decision to dismiss the family members who broke sequestration rules doesn’t come back to haunt this case. I discussed that decision with my brother (he was a prosecutor for 25+ years) and he thought it was a bit rash on the part of the judge, and maybe other options should’ve been employed. If we see a conviction here, I have no doubt there will an appeal based on that decision alone.

I hope the judge’s decision to dismiss the family members who broke sequestration rules doesn’t come back to haunt this case. I discussed that decision with my brother (he was a prosecutor for 25+ years) and he thought it was a bit rash on the part of the judge, and maybe other options should’ve been employed. If we see a conviction here, I have no doubt there will an appeal based on that decision alone.
What are the other options your bother as a prosecutor suggested?

If she is convicted then maybe we will get lucky that she will be ordered to be held behind bars during any appeal processing.

The filing of the appeal alone and an Appeals Court of some kind to actually hear the appeal and offer a decision on it will take quite awhile. As long as they keep her behind bars during appeal processing then I will be ok about it because I expect them to appeal this case anyway if it does not end well for them.

I would only get upset if they release her while appeal processing moves forward after a successful conviction.

Also you can tell the defense attorneys have been trying to get a mistrial all week long. They asked the judge for a mistrial at least once this week. They just want to stop the process any way they can. They dont want this trial to get to the point of a jury deciding on a verdict.

ETA And especially now after losing some of their planned witnesses. I hope the defense doesnt do something on purpose to cause a mistrial. Bailiffs and LE need to be watchful like hawks in coming days.

It makes me sick that this family can and knowingly and deliberately watch the trial in that room & block the door so they can hide what they're doing. I'm sure TM put them up to it so their testimonies would all match. Hopefully the fact that they deliberately broke sequestration and watched testimony will stand since it makes their intended testimony suspect. Was your brother a prosecutor in SC?

Last edited:
Did today wear anyone else out as much as it did me? We went into the day thinking that Tammy would take the stand. We went through twists and turns and found lots of dead ends but still haven't progressed anywhere, with no Tammy on the stand yet. I can only imagine how the family members and jury are feeling after today. Exhausted. I know I am.

Did today wear anyone else out as much as it did me? We went into the day thinking that Tammy would take the stand. We went through twists and turns and found lots of dead ends but still haven't progressed anywhere, with no Tammy on the stand yet. I can only imagine how the family members and jury are feeling after today. Exhausted. I know I am.
Same.

JMO
I may be somewhat confused myself about this but the way I took it was that the known 3:30 am 'ish contacts that was made from one of the M's phones about using the Online Coupon for a purchase at that early hour......well AC was trying to claim she was the one either making or receiving that message.

IMO she was trying to say that some of the calls or texts on the logs was actually to/from her rather than to/from TM.

That is the way I took it anyway but I was pretty confused about it all too because I could not get myself to believe anything she was saying as I watched her non-verbal communication by her expressions.

YES. And I kicked myself for getting so emotionally involved AGAIN in a case! I thought I'd learned my lesson from Arias & Casey Anthony--I can even give myself a migraine I get so upset! LOL I just feel so badly for HE's family and the fact that HE is gone. She was a sweet, beautiufl girl who deserved to live her life.

Yes I am pretty exhausted lol. I have a neck ache and headache from the anxiety of watching the proceedings and all the twists and turns that evolved throughout the day. I am anxious to know the outcome.

YES. And I kicked myself for getting so emotionally involved AGAIN in a case! I thought I'd learned my lesson from Arias & Casey Anthony--I can even give myself a migraine I get so upset! LOL I just feel so badly for HE's family and the fact that HE is gone. She was a sweet, beautiful girl who deserved to live her life.

I totally have a migraine. I am so sick about it all that I ordered dinner instead of cooking the food I preemptively bought yesterday in preparation for today!! And I agree...so tied up in those cases and it crushed me in the end. I don't want to be crushed here. We all need this to end the way it should: with Tammy in prison and Heather's family able to lay her to rest. I doubt the latter will ever happen so the former better!

Yes I am pretty exhausted lol. I have a neck ache and headache from the anxiety of watching the proceedings and all the twists and turns that evolved throughout the day. I am anxious to know the outcome.

I think we are all feeling that anxiousness. Praying for the Elvis family. Goodness.... phew. Just no words... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow