GUILTY - Tammy Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 8 Oct 2018 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally have a migraine. I am so sick about it all that I ordered dinner instead of cooking the food I preemptively bought yesterday in preparation for today!! And I agree...so tied up in those cases and it crushed me in the end. I don't want to be crushed here. We all need this to end the way it should: with Tammy in prison and Heather's family able to lay her to rest. I doubt the latter will ever happen so the former better!

That makes 3 of us with migraines. No kidding too. Im looking for my Advil right now :)

Did today wear anyone else out as much as it did me? We went into the day thinking that Tammy would take the stand. We went through twists and turns and found lots of dead ends but still haven't progressed anywhere, with no Tammy on the stand yet. I can only imagine how the family members and jury are feeling after today. Exhausted. I know I am.
I just think this is how the defense in this case rolls. They will grab at any and all straws they can. I hope the jury was as bored as we all were. I don't feel they brought any reasonable doubt to the table today. The defense couldn't even make sense of what they were asking their own witness, so it made the testimony very confusing. If they don't improve they will have destroyed their case. imo moo

I thought Jose did a good job. I know everyone hates CA but .. I wish people could be objective about him as an attorney . Yes i watched the trial ,every second of it.

He did an excellent job, and in the end he got his client acquitted. That is the goal for all defense attorneys.....to represent their clients to the best of their abilities. In that trial Jose was the better attorney, and the prosecution made many mistakes. I can't stand Casey, but I cannot fault the vigorous defense that Jose employed for her during that case.

After going through 2 hung juries in the Jessica Chambers trials I know to hope for the best but expect nothing. I don't think the jury will acquit TM, as I do believe there is enough evidence to at least sway one or more of them to guilty. Beyond that.... ??

I'm still thinking about the last witness that the defense called today, she wasn't even on their witness list. Did the defense really think that they could get away with that? Or, was this just their effort in stalling to drag this trial out into next week?

I'm still thinking about the last witness that the defense called today, she wasn't even on their witness list. Did the defense really think that they could get away with that? Or, was this just their effort in stalling to drag this trial out into next week?

I'm actually surprised the judge allowed the male witness to testify, he had nothing to offer that had anything to do with the case, they only wanted to get in that Heather had relations with him months before she went missing, and I thought that sort of testimony was not allowed.

I too think the defense is trying to drag this out, they wouldn't want the jury getting the case on a Friday, juries are apt to give a quick verdict and that's the last thing they want as it rarely favors the defendant, in my experience.

Halfway thru testimony today I had to make a choice between staying home to watch or go to my nephews freshman football game. He's as near as you can get to a son so I schlepped off to the game. I read what I could of the forum during halftime and at red lights. I pissed a lot of people off today. But if they knew why, they'd understand :)
I'm glad TM is tomorrow so I can now finish watching the rest of today's. Thank you to everyone who commented, kept me in the know aaand made me look like a fool to strangers (my facial expressions)!

AC claims she tested the fastest route to Peachtree Landing "the other day" and it's NOT the way the State and EVERY OTHER WITNESS says it is.

*head exploding*

My uneducated guess is the defense was stalling today and trying to find witnesses to bring in that perhaps they may not have otherwise decided to call but for the loss of 5 of their defense witnesses (family members).
That's where <modsnipped> defense went...out on the corner looking for peeps.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm actually surprised the judge allowed the male witness to testify, he had nothing to offer that had anything to do with the case, they only wanted to get in that Heather had relations with him months before she went missing, and I thought that sort of testimony was not allowed.

I too think the defense is trying to drag this out, they wouldn't want the jury getting the case on a Friday, juries are apt to give a quick verdict and that's the last thing they want as it rarely favors the defendant, in my experience.

JMO
I agree about dragging this case out but for the witness in question I think the defense plan was a little more devious.

I think they were trying to imply that Heather never mentioned anything about being pregnant to him while he knew her and trying to imply that was around the time shortly before she disappeared. But NL quickly pointed out the date range of their relationship and it was not really close enough to her time of disappearance so it was irrelevant.

Did today wear anyone else out as much as it did me? We went into the day thinking that Tammy would take the stand. We went through twists and turns and found lots of dead ends but still haven't progressed anywhere, with no Tammy on the stand yet. I can only imagine how the family members and jury are feeling after today. Exhausted. I know I am.
Worn slap out! As soon as the feed went to black, I closed my monitors and walked away. I'm fried.

I was/am feeling the same. As silly as it sounds, because I'm nowhere near to this case as family members and friends are, I had trouble falling asleep last night thinking about what today could bring. I live across the country and I've followed this case since the very beginning when a friend of mine who lives in SC shared a FB post about looking for Heather when she first went missing that December. It's broken my heart and all I hope and pray for at this point is some resolve and also for the Elvis family to have peace. It's gone on too long and it's been so frustrating watching these two (SM and TM) continue to get away with their lies. I can't even say that I'll be happy once it's over, because in the end, Heather is gone and that's something she never deserved. I just want justice served.

JMO
I agree about dragging this case out but for the witness in question I think the defense plan was a little more devious.

I think they were trying to imply that Heather never mentioned anything about being pregnant to him while he knew her and trying to imply that was around the time shortly before she disappeared. But NL quickly pointed out the date range of their relationship and it was not really close enough to her time of disappearance so it was irrelevant.
BBM: I just don't understand this line of thinking. Why would she mention it to him? Or anybody but the people closest to her? If/when you think you're pregnant, you don't run around telling people you think you may be pregnant. Sigh. What a frustrating, exhausting day.

I must not be "all in" during this trial, as at one point today, I saw that one of my windows was quite dirty on the outside, so I spent about 4-5 minutes giving it a good clean on the outside. Perhaps little breaks like this have kept me from that very-well-known-to-me worn out feeling from a day's worth of trial watching.

That I would rather wash a window, than sit and listen to the defense attorney on direct, says a bit about how that portion of testimony was going.

BBM: I just don't understand this line of thinking. Why would she mention it to him? Or anybody but the people closest to her? If/when you think you're pregnant, you don't run around telling people you think you may be pregnant. Sigh. What a frustrating, exhausting day.
Not only that but he testified his last contact with her was around April 2013. She hadn't met SM yet and obviously didn't think she was pregnant. It was a waste to have him on the stand but he did provide stalling and more stalling for the defense.

Y'all what happened today is the TM way!! She's been creating chaos, division and hate since before Heather ever went missing. Many of us have been on this case from the beginning - THIS IS HER GOAL. She doesn't care about justice or truth - she's disrupting the process. She is loathsome.

Wisdom needs to apply here & these two adioms state it succinctly. First of all, HELL HATH NO FURY LIKE A WOMAN SCORNED.
Secondly, OH WHAT TANGLED WEBS WE WEAVE WHEN WE PRACTICE TO DECEIVE.
We are here because an aging woman with an black heart (by her own words) was scorned by her younger husband & a young beautiful woman & her rage knows no bounds.
Now the stories are so tangled up in a web of lies & lots of innocent people have been pulled into it. This is very dark black widow story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties