GUILTY - Tammy Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 8 Oct 2018 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting, apparently the host and DA on L&C seem to think he is doing an incredible job, initially when he started his closing they thought there could be a hung jury, now they are talking about an acquittal! The guy said if he is ever on trial for murder or kidnapping he would want Greg McCollum as his DA.. Huh? They are the experts but it’s not having that affect on me..maybe i’m not impartial enough

BBM That host sort of looks like TM,with her long blond hair and just her face, IMO.

Do all defense attorneys ramble? Remember Kirk???

Do they ramble so that you tune out and then feel bad that you were not listening (if you are a juror)>

The sad thing for me is listening to him talk about no physical evidence. As unfortunate as it is, there are people out their (like my husband) that will not be swayed without some sort of physical evidence, even with all the circumstantial evidence. It infuriates me.

Yes, I agree. I think there are people who understand "reasonable doubt" as to mean beyond any doubt. Even though the evidence is circumstantial it does add up.

It’s got to be a very hard job to sit up there and I really meant no disrespect but it was obvious he was bothered.
I'm sorry I'm not able to follow all the posts. Who were you referring to? The defense, the judge, someone else? Thanks

The guy sitting beside the judge, what is his purpose and what would he be watching? TIA
Law Clerk
A law clerk or a judicial clerk is an individual—generally an attorney—who provides direct assistance and counsel to a judge in making legal determinations and in writing opinions by researching issues before the court. ... In English courts, they are known as judicial assistant

Interesting, apparently the host and DA on L&C seem to think he is doing an incredible job, initially when he started his closing they thought there could be a hung jury, now they are talking about an acquittal! The guy said if he is ever on trial for murder or kidnapping he would want Greg McCollum as his DA.. Huh? They are the experts but it’s not having that affect on me..maybe i’m not impartial enough

This is so disappointing to hear.
I guess we must be wary, as we're often very surprised with the jury.

Yes, I agree. I think there are people who understand "reasonable doubt" as to mean beyond any doubt. Even though the evidence is circumstantial it does add up.

The jury will be instructed the standard is proof beyond a reasonable doubt, but not beyond all doubt and not "beyond a shadow of a doubt."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oh_silly_me