GUILTY - Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pillay says there is a tendency for "laypeople" to jump from "disbelief to fabrication" when looking at a police statement like Millard's.

Well, a lie is a lie, no matter how you try to sugar coat it, right?

ETA: Sorry, many of us have had many loved ones die and have never once felt the need to resort to telling a lie.

Pillay says the judge should consider what was going on that night when considering Millard's statement to police. He says Millard seemed upset, and he was standing around waiting for hours to give his statement.
by Adam Carter 12:29 PM
(Cry me a river. :rolleyes:)

Pillay says the Crown points to two pieces of evidence to prove Millard's account to police are false: Marlena Meneses' evidence, and the cellphone data. Pillay says those two pieces of evidence are "incapable of proving" Millard's statement to police is false.
by Adam Carter 12:30 PM

Pillay says there is no evidence in this case that proves Millard's accounting of his whereabouts is false.
by Adam Carter 12:31 PM

Pillay is now saying the judge can't rely on Marlena Meneses' testimony. "She has a proven record of liar under oath, and she simply cannot be believed," he says.
by Adam Carter 12:32 PM

Unbelievable/incredible, huh? My guess is that, for some reason not really clear right now, DM had the expectation that the MRO would NOT receive its certification. I have wondered about that all along. I know it has been said that this certification was something that was 'coveted', and not easy to get. Is there any reason why this operation would have potentially been declined its certification?

Yes, I think DM was hoping for that and then maybe he'd suggest that the hangar be used as the fancy "rental garage" idea that he had. Where private planes would be parked in the hangar while their owners were in the area and they could also provide fuel service and vehicle rental, which would allow for him to maintain an area of the hangar for his car interests. I don't think DM had much say in things when WM made up his mind to do something.

The acquisition of that certificate was the catalyst that DM needed to "stop the bleeding" of the family fortune IMO. His only regret was probably that he didn't do it much sooner before the lease at Pearson was up and WM got this idea in the first place.

MOO

Pillay says the judge should consider what was going on that night when considering Millard's statement to police. He says Millard seemed upset, and he was standing around waiting for hours to give his statement.

Well he had likely been awake for almost 48 hours at that point. :rolleyes:

Well, a lie is a lie, no matter how you try to sugar coat it, right?

ETA: Sorry, many of us have had many loved ones die and have never once felt the need to resort to telling a lie.
I miss interpreted this statement by Pillay, I thought he meant the lay people listening to DM's statement, not DM himself. (?)

Pillay is pointing to the fact that Menses was drinking, doing drugs, and not working around the time of this incident.
by Adam Carter 12:33 PM

"I submit to you that when miss Meneses testified in chief, she lied," Pillay says.
by Adam Carter 12:35 PM

Pillay says Meneses "unravelled an avalanche of lies" during her testimony about a handgun in this case.
by Adam Carter 12:37 PM

"She is ready to lie, she is willing to lie, and she is able to lie," Pillay says.
by Adam Carter 12:38 PM

1. marianne boucher‏ @CityCourtsTO 8m8 minutes ago

Millard lawyer Ravin Pillay starts closing arguments in judge alone murder trial. Says Wayne Millard was not murdered but he took is own life. The crown has not eliminated this reasonable conclusion.

marianne boucher‏ @CityCourtsTO 19m19 minutes ago

Crown wraps up closing in Dellen Millard third murder trial. Says Wayne Millard suicide ..improbable. Despite making plans with his new love. This on a night unremarkable and full of promise. Out of blue to everyone he would shoot himself in an incredibly awkward position.

DgjNR0uV4AAUW0l.jpg

marianne boucher‏ @CityCourtsTO 24m24 minutes ago

Jill Cameron finishes her closing arguments in first degree murder trial of Dellen Millard. Crown says Millard shot his father in the eye, the path of least resistance ...sure fire death. He is guilty there is no other logical inference. He had: Motive means and opportunity.

How far could a lawsuit against the coroner go, when this part-time, as-needed, semi-retired, at-will coroner, LOST the paperwork on this case? I wonder why he lost the paperwork? I'm saying that it is highly highly unlikely that such paperwork would be lost, and that if any had been lost, what a coincidence that it happened to be THIS particular case that the paperwork was lost.. so my conspiracy-theory-mometer is throwing up red flags to suggest that the coroner didn't want his paperwork analysed in a courtroom.. is it because he's covering an incompetent butt? Or because the notes may have indicated more reason why he believed 'suicide' vs murder? If that were the case however, why not produce it. Okay, so I get it. Is there no procedure written in stone for how coronial paperwork is dealt with as a matter of policy, every single time? This case should really have a coroner's inquest to see why SO much went wrong! I can get it that we're all only human, no matter what our profession is, no matter our career, no matter what the policies are, or precedents, but really? How many things in this particular case are just plain bizarro? jmo.

It is my understanding that this retired coroner was brought in on occasion by the coroner's office on a contract basis. The coroner's office would be responsible for his conduct IMO.

I miss interpreted this statement by Pillay, I thought he meant the lay people listening to DM's statement, not DM himself. (?)

Yeah, I had to read it a few times to figure out what he was getting at. What on earth is Pillay relying on when claiming this?

How far could a lawsuit against the coroner go, when this part-time, as-needed, semi-retired, at-will coroner, LOST the paperwork on this case? I wonder why he lost the paperwork? I'm saying that it is highly highly unlikely that such paperwork would be lost, and that if any had been lost, what a coincidence that it happened to be THIS particular case that the paperwork was lost.. so my conspiracy-theory-mometer is throwing up red flags to suggest that the coroner didn't want his paperwork analysed in a courtroom.. is it because he's covering an incompetent butt? Or because the notes may have indicated more reason why he believed 'suicide' vs murder? If that were the case however, why not produce it. Okay, so I get it. Is there no procedure written in stone for how coronial paperwork is dealt with as a matter of policy, every single time? This case should really have a coroner's inquest to see why SO much went wrong! I can get it that we're all only human, no matter what our profession is, no matter our career, no matter what the policies are, or precedents, but really? How many things in this particular case are just plain bizarro? jmo.

Much like all employees, imo the Coroner has immunity from prosecution. Same reason why companies are sued, not the individual staff.

But perhaps the Bosma family will file a lawsuit against the Province or Ministry involved that oversees Coroners.

Pillay refers to Meneses as a "con artist" who is trapped in a web of lies and "can't get out."
by Adam Carter 12:41 PM
(No Pillay, that would be your client.)

Pillay also saying that Meneses "clearly doesn't like Mr. Millard" and "admits as much." He says she is "simply untrustworthy." For those unaware, Meneses was Mark Smich's then-girlfriend, who testified earlier in the trial. You can read about her testimony here:
Former associate saw Dellen Millard with gun before his father died, murder trial hears
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/wayne-millard-trial-day5-1.4694825
Pillay is now pointing to Meneses' "inconsistent statements" about the time Millard stayed over, and whether or not Millard had his dog with him.
by Adam Carter 12:45 PM

Pillay is now zeroing in on what he calls "inconsistent statements" Meneses made about what Millard was wearing on the night he stayed over at Smich's home.
by Adam Carter 12:48 PM

A web of lies by what spider?! Also new info on what he was wearing....ha no wonder he needed a sweater as it had been cold he said. I don't remember MM mentioning anything about clothes.
CORRECTION: she thought he had on a leather jacket.

Well he had likely been awake for almost 48 hours at that point. :rolleyes:
He also had some 20 hours to think about EXACTLY what he would say when asked for a statement.. ie.. I went to get a sweater.. Pedo and the cats were located in x location.. my mother went in the house for less than 10 but more than 5 minutes.. soo those trivial details which anyone else would have not been concerned with. Instead he leaves out, oh, I should inform you that the gun belonged to me, or.. I did check his body for a pulse.. or.. oh, I went out on a date with someone other than my gf and I really do not want to disclose it for obvious reasons.. whatever... or.. I took a cab because xxxxxx (why DID you take a cab??).. or.. I left my credit card and my phone at MS's place, and took my new burner phone because xxxxx (hmmm, why IS that???).. on and on and on..

Pillay is now showing some of the phone records from around the time of Wayne Millard's death. He says they show Millard was in and around Smich's home -- which, he says, contradicts Meneses' account that she hadn't seen Millard for a couple of weeks after the night he stayed at Smich's home. He says the day Meneses testified about could not have been the day Wayne Millard died.
by Adam Carter 12:54 PM

Pillay says Millard texted Smich after leaving the police station when he was giving a statement to give Smich a "heads up" -- as Smich is a drug dealer, and this would "only make sense," if officers would be calling him.
by Adam Carter 12:56 PM

I think you're thinking of LW the bookkeeper's husband CD who was an IT guy with a shop next to RB's vet practice?
Somehow, I have (or thought/think that I have) info on the accountant.. but yes, I could be mixing up the IT guy with the accountant... but.. why was the accountant never called for info??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member