GUILTY - Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is my understanding that this retired coroner was brought in on occasion by the coroner's office on a contract basis. The coroner's office would be responsible for his conduct IMO.
Yes, so same thing.. how far can a lawsuit go?? No idea.. but.. isn't that a genuine reason to hold a coroner's inquest right there?? Paperwork on a suicide that was actually a murder, getting LOST by a contracted coroner? I would think they may want to ensure that protocols are put into brick and stone about how to ensure this would NOT happen ever again?

Pillay is now running through some of the text messages from the case. You can read about those in depth here:

'Something terrible has happened,' Millard texted friend after father's death
by Adam Carter 12:58 PM

The overall point here: Pillay is trying to discredit Meneses' testimony. He's saying she has her days mixed up.
by Adam Carter 12:59 PM

Pillay says the Crown is asking the judge to accept evidence that Smich and Meneses used Millard's phone to order pizza -- but he says the opposite was true. "That the pizza was ordered from Mr. Millard's phone, indicates that mr. Millard was ordering the pizza," Pillay says.
by Adam Carter 1:01 PM

Pillay says Millard texted Smich after leaving the police station when he was giving a statement to give Smich a "heads up" -- as Smich is a drug dealer, and this would "only make sense," if officers would be calling him.
by Adam Carter 12:56 PM
<rsbm>

Not seeing how this would "make sense". Why would DM think LE would call MS if DM believed WM had committed suicide? This was not a drug investigation.

Well, a lie is a lie, no matter how you try to sugar coat it, right?

ETA: Sorry, many of us have had many loved ones die and have never once felt the need to resort to telling a lie.
Funny how RP says 'a lie is a lie' when it comes to MM, however, somehow, it is justified when it is DM telling lies of omission during his police statement?

ETA Oops, I guess it was sillybilly who said 'a lie is a lie'.. but nevertheless, RP was making a stink about MM being a 'liar', but yet justifying DM's lies of omission at the same time. Nice touch.

Last edited:
Pillay says Meneses' account is "incapable of establishing" that Millard's statement to police is false. Now taking the lunch break. Back at 2:15 p.m.
by Adam Carter 1:04 PM

Pillay says the Crown is asking the judge to accept evidence that Smich and Meneses used Millard's phone to order pizza -- but he says the opposite was true. "That the pizza was ordered from Mr. Millard's phone, indicates that mr. Millard was ordering the pizza," Pillay says.
by Adam Carter 1:01 PM

I actually LOL'd when I read this.

Somehow, I have (or thought/think that I have) info on the accountant.. but yes, I could be mixing up the IT guy with the accountant... but.. why was the accountant never called for info??

Not sure. The accountant was supposedly at the hangar the day the HPS first came looking for info on TB's disappearance. But he was never asked to provide any financial info in either trial. :confused:

Pillay is now showing some of the phone records from around the time of Wayne Millard's death. He says they show Millard was in and around Smich's home -- which, he says, contradicts Meneses' account that she hadn't seen Millard for a couple of weeks after the night he stayed at Smich's home. He says the day Meneses testified about could not have been the day Wayne Millard died.
by Adam Carter 12:54 PM

Pillay says Millard texted Smich after leaving the police station when he was giving a statement to give Smich a "heads up" -- as Smich is a drug dealer, and this would "only make sense," if officers would be calling him.
by Adam Carter 12:56 PM

Like gotta get that dig in there for MS being a drug dealer. Why would he think LE would need to verify his whereabouts if indeed this was a suicide?

Pillay is now showing some of the phone records from around the time of Wayne Millard's death. He says they show Millard was in and around Smich's home -- which, he says, contradicts Meneses' account that she hadn't seen Millard for a couple of weeks after the night he stayed at Smich's home. He says the day Meneses testified about could not have been the day Wayne Millard died.

So just because DM was around the Smich home after WM's death means that MM must have seen him? How many times? I think MM lied about stuff too but this is a pretty big stretch to try to prove one.

MOO

<rsbm>

Not seeing how this would "make sense". Why would DM think LE would call MS if DM believed WM had committed suicide? This was not a drug investigation.
RIGHT! This is the "poker game" part I am not good at....IF DM believed it was suicide WHY would he think he would need to give MS a heads up at all.?? Unless MS was his alibi.

Yes, so same thing.. how far can a lawsuit go?? No idea.. but.. isn't that a genuine reason to hold a coroner's inquest right there?? Paperwork on a suicide that was actually a murder, getting LOST by a contracted coroner? I would think they may want to ensure that protocols are put into brick and stone about how to ensure this would NOT happen ever again?

Well they're already doing an inquest now about other deaths that were misidentified by the coroner's office so maybe that's a way to head off any trouble over this one?

Like gotta get that dig in there for MS being a drug dealer. Why would he think LE would need to verify his whereabouts if indeed this was a suicide?

Because DM used MS as an alibi, that’s where he said he spent the night? DM wouldn’t have known LE had already considered the death a suicide at the time, otherwise why’d they want to talk to him.

So just because DM was around the Smich home after WM's death means that MM must have seen him? How many times? I think MM lied about stuff too but this is a pretty big stretch to try to prove one.

MOO
I think she lied about stuff in the two previous trials. Any inconsistencies in this trial are likely due to memory issues. That isn't lying as far as I'm concerned. Her recollections jive with phone records, and remember she didn't specify a date. It was Smich that told her that WM died the night Millard stayed over.

RIGHT! This is the "poker game" part I am not good at....IF DM believed it was suicide WHY would he think he would need to give MS a heads up at all.?? Unless MS was his alibi.
Obviously it was an alibi. However, I will concede that it would make sense that Millard would alert his drug dealing pal that the cops might come knocking.

I think she lied about stuff in the two previous trials. Any inconsistencies in this trial are likely due to memory issues. That isn't lying as far as I'm concerned. Her recollections jive with phone records, and remember she didn't specify a date. It was Smich that told her that WM died the night Millard stayed over.

If DM left by 9pm and then didn’t return until after 6am, one thing I found confusing is how that’s interpreted as “staying over”.

And why would he care? He'd welcome them checking out his alibi if it was legit.

And LE don't typically search a home when going there to ask someone some questions about their suspicions regarding another person. They'd need a warrant. And no one knew that better than DM. Was MS going to answer the door with a joint in his mouth and his scale and bag of weed in his hands? :rolleyes:

MOO

Because DM used MS as an alibi, that’s where he said he spent the night? DM wouldn’t have known LE had already considered the death a suicide at the time, otherwise why’d they want to talk to him.
But one doesn't require an alibi for a suicide. If suicide, as DM was hoping to sway thoughts toward, why would a person even *think* about the need for an alibi. If a loved one commits suicide, where is your mind? Filled with grief, wondering why you did or didn't see signs, or thinking about proving whereabouts and giving heads ups?

If DM left by 9pm and then didn’t return until after 6am, one thing I found confusing is how that’s interpreted as “staying over”.
Apparently DM woke MM up when he got back. It still would have been dark. She may not have checked the time at that time and just assumed it was the night. The likely slept a few more hours, then it seems like they may have went out 'to eat', and then DM dropped MS and MM back at MS's home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr