GUILTY - Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I can’t understand is what was the nature of the relationship between WM and DM and how did it come to be that WM appeared to have been totally oblivious to his son’s lack of interest in the legacy business he was specifically creating for him. Both lived together, were involved in the business 50/50 together and I bet for every 10 red flags we’ve identified through media and court records, there were probably 100 more everyday signs that should have been noticed that we’re not aware of. I just don’t get it. It’s as if a big piece of the puzzle is missing.

Wayne’s legacy was all about Wayne even though he said it was about Dellen and probably believed that.

Jumping off that Kamille, is it possible that MB's interview could be entered into evidence by the crown but without her being called to the stand? I'm absolutely no expert at rules of evidence. If DM's statement gets entered into evidence by the crown and he doesn't have to be called to the stand, couldn't that same principle apply to MB?
And if she had worked to get her video statement not entered as evidence when there had been a plan for it, would that not be announced to the court? I've got no expertise at courtroom procedure.
I suppose the second part of my thought is that didn't we hear at the outset that she would be a witness? If she was going to give testimony and the decision for her to do so was changed (be it by her or a lawyer), would they not make mention of that?
Apologies in advance if I've missed something along the way....

The only way that MB could work her way out of the trial would be to make herself seem like an undesirable witness for either side. I believe she had legal advice that might have helped in this regard but that is just my opinion.

MOO

Actually what is even more telling is that there is no text from Millard to Smich telling him his dad was dead. When Millard texted Smich, how would Smich know why Millard was being interviewed by police?
No text that we've seen/has been recovered.

I imagine if it existed the Crown would've ran that til the wheels fell off.

I'd love to see an entire catalogue of his conversations. Billandrew's timeline is amazing, but I SO wish there were more.

Can you elaborate on that?

Wayne had a love/hate relationship with Carl. He was bitter for decades about his parents’ separation and deeply resented his father for leaving his mothers Bizarre behaviour for a man his age.

At the same time he also admired Carl for his aviation skills and creating Millardair with his wife.

Remaking Millardair was more about Wayne living up to his parents’ accomplishments. He was Pushing his son in a direction he never wanted to go.

Even Carl acknowledged Dellen’s lack Of interest in aviation in an interview he gave a few years before he died.

Really?
I feel very differently.

Look at the situation from the business perspective. He spent most of his life on other things than the family business. All of a sudden he decides to start an MRO service from scratch. That's a low margin business, and the potential payoff is not fantastic. He does that with a huge chunk of his bank. Thin on cash, has to mortgage a few things. did he even ask DM whether DM wants to run that or not? A sure way to lose money. Seems like he had some sort of an idee fixe that he has to restore Millardair. He wasted his life on booze and baby seals (I , personally, love baby seals). All of a sudden he is so enthusiastic about aviation. Nah, just a late life regret about the wasted time, and an attempt to leave a footprint.

DM put his mother on the stand at the
Hearing on his finances even though his lawyer appeared to have no interest in calling her

Exactly, if he thinks it's in his favour he'll put her on the stand. If it's not, he won't. RP is not going to be calling MB as a witness unless DM agrees to it or insists on it.

It may have been strategic in the sense that he felt that his challenge of the Sutherland testimony went well and he didn't want to dilute those arguments by pairing them with an obviously weak and almost certainly doomed argument about the voluntary nature of DM's statement.

I think that's a really fair assessment.

No text that we've seen/has been recovered.

I imagine if it existed the Crown would've ran that til the wheels fell off.

I'd love to see an entire catalogue of his conversations. Billandrew's timeline is amazing, but I SO wish there were more.

You are correct ... we have not seen it ...... but I am sure it was in the agreed statement of facts the judge received .... otherwise there is no way any of that phone & cab & cab driver info would ever be allowed by Pillay.

What I miss most of all are the MOB REPORTER videos such as were used in the previous trials. I think it was that Humphries gal reporter who provided them . They showed everything the judge-jury saw. We are flying blind in this trial unless an Adam Carter or Abro decide to read the transcripts and publish it. .

What I can’t understand is what was the nature of the relationship between WM and DM and how did it come to be that WM appeared to have been totally oblivious to his son’s lack of interest in the legacy business he was specifically creating for him. Both lived together, were involved in the business 50/50 together and I bet for every 10 red flags we’ve identified through media and court records, there were probably 100 more everyday signs that should have been noticed that we’re not aware of. I just don’t get it. It’s as if a big piece of the puzzle is missing.

I don't want to compare my husband to DM or this situation, but I am living in parallel here (minus all the murdery psychopathy), so I can sort of understand.

While nowhere near the milly-upon-milly of dollars the Millard dynasty was made of, my husband's father has built a business over the last X number of years, with the intention of my husband -- who currently works for the company -- taking it over upon his retirement. There's been meetings to transfer 100s of thousand of dollars of shares to him already .. and while my husband enjoys his work and appreciates his father's generousity, he's not entirely sure he wants the business, or to take on what is required to keep it going as the success it is. And my father in law is not privy to this.

Not quite the same, but I see similarities in the two situations and, as someone who lives it daily, can see how easily the cloud of oblivion applies.

Look at the situation from the business perspective. He spent most of his life on other things than the family business. All of a sudden he decides to start an MRO service from scratch. That's a low margin business, and the potential payoff is not fantastic. He does that with a huge chunk of his bank. Thin on cash, has to mortgage a few things. did he even ask DM whether DM wants to run that or not? A sure way to lose money. Seems like he had some sort of an idee fixe that he has to restore Millardair. He wasted his life on booze and baby seals (I , personally, love baby seals). All of a sudden he is so enthusiastic about aviation. Nah, just a late life regret about the wasted time, and an attempt to leave a footprint.

I think you may have quoted the wrong reply.
I was speaking in response to someone suggesting that DM + MS would want to get together and reminisce, if permitted.

I don't think we should assume that because he sought health care for a back concern that he would have had labs done. I feel confidently saying that as an NP. If there were issues outside of a mechanical back issue, then yes, likely, but a person presenting with back pain doesn't need blood work done. Maybe a plain film of the lumbosacral area (or other corresponding area).

and even so, someone would ask how is that relevant to this case? What does it support?

All Sutherland is saying is that the gun was pointed a certain way - handle up, basically. Was it 66, 67 or 68 degrees is of no importance.

If WM wanted to shoot himself, would it be too difficult to roll on his back, or sit up? Hard to imagine that he would choose to shoot himself in the most awkward position. Form is essential for shooting, after all.

DM killed him, no doubt.

So to speculate, if DM killed him, what position did he have him in? Did he move him? How did he wedge himself in beside the bed to do what he did? Ideas?

All Sutherland is saying is that the gun was pointed a certain way - handle up, basically. Was it 66, 67 or 68 degrees is of no importance.

If WM wanted to shoot himself, would it be too difficult to roll on his back, or sit up? Hard to imagine that he would choose to shoot himself in the most awkward position. Form is essential for shooting, after all.

DM killed him, no doubt.

Think about it for a minute. The position of the gun would have been very awkward for WM. But, if you are left handed DM it’s actually a very natural position. Then just drop the gun and it falls between the bed and the dresser.
It is a little more awkward to point the gun upwards if you believe the bullet traveled a straight line from the gun to its final position. The trajectory of the bullet was not investigated but the comment was made that the bullet was deformed as if it had hit something hard. So perhaps the gun was not pointing upwards, a very comfortable position for a standing left handed person. All just MOO.

CM died in 2006 when the business was passed on to WM. Who knows how long the lease was but perhaps WM knew the Toronto lease was expiring in 2012 and wanted/needed to make a decision about what to do next. I believe we heard he was pursued by Waterloo Airport to do something, so that gave him direction of what to do next. IMO
Millardair - Wikipedia

ETA - " And as for how long he plans to be around, he says that his current space lease runs out in 2011" Rebel With a Cause

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member