GUILTY - Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering what would have happened if...... just say DM was somewhat of a normal-ish type of person.. and he came home to find his father appearing to be dead.. this is a human who supposedly you loved.. wouldn't it be normal to feel the body, check for a pulse (in the neck?), see if the person is actually indeed dead? I would think so?? So what if DM had done this, checked the body, touched it, rolled, it, at least thought about giving it resuscitation efforts, .. and during that whole process, he realizes there is blood involved, and etc.. and now he has made a mess.. and the blood is on HIM, and everything is moved..

What would have happened then, as far as police are concerned? Would that have seemed more likely to have been murder, or more likely to have been suicide? Now the body is all moved and blood and GSR staining are tampered with, admittedly, during the process of wanting to see if there was any hope to resuscitate. If that had happened, then when he made the 911 call to say his father was dead.. I know from other recordings I have listened to that often the dispatcher will stay on the phone with the caller and ask the caller to do certain things with the body, ie to ensure the person is dead, or find out if there is any possibility of survival, etc. So all of that tampering would presumably have been normal, right, even though it 'looked' like a mess..

But the fact that none of that was done, and DM is saying he didn't even TOUCH the body, let alone try to resuscitate, or even if he couldn't bear to do either of those, he also didn't even at least call 911 for immediate help.. surely that counts for a big hunk of guilty?

I think about the Audrey Gleave case when the young man calls upon her and finds her murdered in her garage.. walks back to his car to call 911.. the 911 operator tells him to go back to the body, tells him to make sure.. describe things to her, etc. This woman had been dead possibly for days. There is no reason for it not to be done for WM, just because his dear son *thinks* he's dead? He set up the scene so perfectly in his mind, he didn't want to tamper with anything.. that's GOT to carry some weight with the judge?

Millard lawyer Pillay says there was no financial motive for Dellen to kill his father.
Judge: He would be the heir to the estate.
Pillay: The heir to what?

The estate DM assumed was solid and certain until after dear ol' dad's untimely passing, only at which time did DM receive his rude awakening about the reality of how and where funds were tied up.

It's too bad that this wasn't hammered in, in Cameron's response to Pillay's closing, wrt this attempt to discredit motive. (IIRC it was not... Please correct me if I overlooked that.)

Not sure why everybody is so on edge about this verdict. Although I thought the crown half assed this one, I do believe that it is pretty clear what happened that night. Evidence showed that Millard lied numerous times during his police interview. Meneses showed how Millard was crafting an alibi, and the pizza order establishes that happened the night Wayne was murdered. Millards phone ping and taxi call shows that he went to Maplegate before Wayne was murdered and left after he was murdered. The murder weapon was purchased by Millard and had his DNA on it, despite the fact that he told cops that he didn't know of any guns in the house.

I think a pretty good picture has been painted of what happened that night and it wasn't a suicide.

I'm wondering what would have happened if...... just say DM was somewhat of a normal-ish type of person.. and he came home to find his father appearing to be dead.. this is a human who supposedly you loved.. wouldn't it be normal to feel the body, check for a pulse (in the neck?), see if the person is actually indeed dead? I would think so?? So what if DM had done this, checked the body, touched it, rolled, it, at least thought about giving it resuscitation efforts, .. and during that whole process, he realizes there is blood involved, and etc.. and now he has made a mess.. and the blood is on HIM, and everything is moved..

What would have happened then, as far as police are concerned? Would that have seemed more likely to have been murder, or more likely to have been suicide? Now the body is all moved and blood and GSR staining are tampered with, admittedly, during the process of wanting to see if there was any hope to resuscitate. If that had happened, then when he made the 911 call to say his father was dead.. I know from other recordings I have listened to that often the dispatcher will stay on the phone with the caller and ask the caller to do certain things with the body, ie to ensure the person is dead, or find out if there is any possibility of survival, etc. So all of that tampering would presumably have been normal, right, even though it 'looked' like a mess..

But the fact that none of that was done, and DM is saying he didn't even TOUCH the body, let alone try to resuscitate, or even if he couldn't bear to do either of those, he also didn't even at least call 911 for immediate help.. surely that counts for a big hunk of guilty?

I think about the Audrey Gleave case when the young man calls upon her and finds her murdered in her garage.. walks back to his car to call 911.. the 911 operator tells him to go back to the body, tells him to make sure.. describe things to her, etc. This woman had been dead possibly for days. There is no reason for it not to be done for WM, just because his dear son *thinks* he's dead? He set up the scene so perfectly in his mind, he didn't want to tamper with anything.. that's GOT to carry some weight with the judge?

Just as an FYI, if someone is reported deceased to an ambulance dispatcher, an offer to initiate chest compressions will be made, however once the party calling refuses, for whatever reason, that civil servant's obligations have been met and they are not to force anyone to do anything. If someone is described as obviously deceased then it's less likely the dispatcher will push the issue than, say, a pediatric boy who had just previously been choking or a witnessed arrest.

In ordinary circumstances I'd not view starting or refusing lifesaving measures on the phone as an obvious implication of guilt.

But, this isn't ordinary, and he didn't call right away.

If MB was the caller and was hysterical, then those efforts would have been challenging to begin, too.

Not sure why everybody is so on edge about this verdict. Although I thought the crown half assed this one, I do believe that it is pretty clear what happened that night. Evidence showed that Millard lied numerous times during his police interview. Meneses showed how Millard was crafting an alibi, and the pizza order establishes that happened the night Wayne was murdered. Millards phone ping and taxi call shows that he went to Maplegate before Wayne was murdered and left after he was murdered. The murder weapon was purchased by Millard and had his DNA on it, despite the fact that he told cops that he didn't know of any guns in the house.

I think a pretty good picture has been painted of what happened that night and it wasn't a suicide.

I think a lot depends on whether Justice Forestell finds Meneses' testimony credible and reliable, and also whether she places any weight on Pillay's point that DM's phone does not prove (beyond a reasonable doubt) he was the person carrying it that night.

Is the silver lining of a not guilty verdict and therefore access to DM's estate (technically) by the Bosma lawsuit confirmed as true? Really hoping so.

I think a lot depends on whether Justice Forestell finds Meneses' testimony credible and reliable, and also whether she places any weight on Pillay's point that DM's phone does not prove (beyond a reasonable doubt) he was the person carrying it that night.

Meneses was sketchy on dates, yes, but she never specify's a date that this happened. However, the fact that the only pizza ever ordered in Oakville on DMs card was on that particular night is pretty hard proof that what MM said was true. As for the phones, the judge would have to be a dope to conclude that anybody but Millard was in possession of it.

Also, wasn't it stated that WM's fingerprints weren't on the weapon?

It would be interesting to speculate how this trial may have played out differently if it had been a jury trial. Would the Crown's argument have resonated more with a jury than with this judge? Might RP have felt more compelled to call defence witnesses to counter? A guilty verdict may have been more likely and at the very least, more expedient - wouldn't have to wait until September to get an answer.

So, he purchases his burner phone on Nov 1, the same day the MRO came through. Then on Nov 6, he’s telling Smich to keep his mouth shut about real-life things they’re doing because some people already know too much. On Nov 10, he uploads his bloody eye photo. It seems it was Dellen Millard who was coming unhinged.

Babcock, Millard, and Bosma Murders

Yes, too bad all this wasn't presented (unless it was and we don't know it.)

The problem with this theory is by the time DM got there WM was a stiff--stiff and cold.

I agree with you. I'm not on edge myself. Guilty. think people here get on edge only because they are relying on simple tweets. I'm sure the judge has a lot more info. I think people also get on edge because they want not just circumstantial evidence but proof DM held the gun--like finding blood splattered clothes in his room or evidence of GHB residue in the soup bowl beside the bed... IMO

Just as an FYI, if someone is reported deceased to an ambulance dispatcher, an offer to initiate chest compressions will be made, however once the party calling refuses, for whatever reason, that civil servant's obligations have been met and they are not to force anyone to do anything. If someone is described as obviously deceased then it's less likely the dispatcher will push the issue than, say, a pediatric boy who had just previously been choking or a witnessed arrest.

In ordinary circumstances I'd not view starting or refusing lifesaving measures on the phone as an obvious implication of guilt.

But, this isn't ordinary, and he didn't call right away.

If MB was the caller and was hysterical, then those efforts would have been challenging to begin, too.

And 911 may have asked simple questions - is he cold to the touch or stiff. Then all resuscitation is moot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE