Gun Control Debate #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not believe he is going after Laura because what she said. If it was really over what she said then why isn't he going after Rosanne Barr for her tweet. Why isn't he asking for sponsors to boycott Rosannes show. It was far worse. He is going after Laura because she is an easy target that opposes his viewpoint.
This is an opinion piece that I think is spot on http://thehill.com/opinion/civil-ri...-to-end-laura-ingrahams-career-sets-dangerous

All of Roseanne’s ugliness is being exposed on the internet, by her own posts,without any help from Hogg.
#BoycottRoseanne is all over twitter.
https://twitter.com/kurteichenwald/status/979417376683945984?s=20
F427CFE7-B9C3-4046-9923-B60A2CCDBF61.jpg

To longtime friend, school shooter Nikolas Cruz was lonely, volatile, ostracized

“Someone could have approached a faculty member, a guidance counselor, a teacher and said, ‘This kid gets bullied a lot, someone should do something,’ ” said student Manolo Alvarez, 17, who had history class with Cruz. “I regret definitely not saying anything.”

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/broward/article200754714.html

Mass Murders in Schools and Bullying: What We Can Do to Help Stop the Carnage

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/ross-ellis/mass-murders-in-schools-a_b_5492873.html

There is, however, a significant and growing body of research that there is a strong relationship between bullying and mass violence. Professors Michael Kimmel and Matthew Mahler of Stony Brook University (of the State University of New York) have found, for example, that most of the boys who have committed shootings in American high schools and middle schools were “mercilessly and routinely teased and bullied and that their violence was retaliatory against threats to their manhood.” And in his book “Ceremonial Violence,” Professor Jonathan Fast of Yeshiva University examined more than a dozen mass school shootings and found that while there is no single reason for their violent acts, the kids who committed these atrocities suffered from alienation from their peers, neglect and often abuse.

New app hopes to increase safety of students in Palm Beach County

PALM BEACH COUNTY, Fla. - The Palm Beach County School District, its police department along with the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office rolled out its new safety app Wednesday, designed to make schools safer.

Just search “PBC StudentProtect” in the app store for Apple and Android. It’s for students, faculty and parents.

If a student is getting bullied, anything that’s going on in school that’s not safe, we can pull our phone out, get on the app and say something and no body knows who that is.”

https://www.wptv.com/news/region-c-...ch/new-safety-app-for-students-parents-in-pbc

Our society failed all those kids, including Nikolas Cruz.

Our society failed all those kids, including Nikolas Cruz.

What do you do with a Nik Cruz? Before he did the shooting? Where should he have been and what could be done? How is it decided that he is better? Or is there a long term care facility he would have fit into?

His mither wanted help. Adam Lanza’s mother apparently did not want help. What do you do about someone like him?

wHOA!

https://www.mediamatters.org/video/...d-students-poor-pathetic-liars-no-soul/219803

NUGENT: The dumbing down of America is manifested in the culture deprivation of our academia that have taught these kids the lies, media that have prodded and encouraged and provided these kids lies. I really feel sorry for them because it’s not only ignorant and dangerously stupid, but it’s soulless. To attack the good law-abiding families of America when well known predictable murderers commit these horrors is deep in the category of soulless. These poor children, I’m afraid to say this and it hurts me to say this, but the evidence is irrefutable, they have no soul.

https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/2018/02/28/nratv-spotlights-ex-sheriff-who-said-parkland-survivors-sound-hitler/219523

Asked about the student-led protests following the Parkland shooting during an interview with the Southern Poverty Law Center, Mack said the students, politicians, and media were using “the exact same kind of language” as “some of the rhetoric from Hitler and Stalin and Lenin,” who he said claimed “that gun control will make you safer.” SPLC reported that Mack does “like the idea of teachers being armed” after the Parkland shooting, though he said it’s not the “only answer.” (There’s no evidence that arming school teachers would prevent school shootings.)

Mack received an endorsement in his campaign to represent Arizona's 8th congressional district from NRA board member Ted Nugent, who has recently come under fire for spreading a conspiracy theory about Parkland shooting survivors. Mack also has well-documented and long-standing ties to a far-right faction of the pro-gun movement.

they seem to be extremely deluded and i worry that they are considered sufficiently sane to bear arms..

Quite honestly, what would one expect from Ted Nugent? He actually stood in front of thousands of people, while wielding two semis, well, he called them "machine guns", so who knows, he has the money to obtain machine guns... and said that, Barack Obama, should suck on his "machine gun", and that HRC might want to "ride one" into the sunset. He also admitted to soiling himself to avoid the draft. The man went round-the-bend years ago, and is trying to grab some :15 minutes. He's bat $h*t crazy.

What do you do with a Nik Cruz? Before he did the shooting? Where should he have been and what could be done? How is it decided that he is better? Or is there a long term care facility he would have fit into?

His mither wanted help. Adam Lanza’s mother apparently did not want help. What do you do about someone like him?

What we do about people like Lanza and Cruz is not let them reach a point where they will act out in the ways they did. We can also make it more difficult for them to get their hands on assault weapons.

Another part of gun reform, IMO, is to ensure people with mental illnesses or people who in crisis get the help and treatment they need. They are more likely to be victims than perpetrators but their lives shouldn't be less valuable than anyone else's.

Myth: People with mental health problems are violent and unpredictable
Fact: The vast majority of people with mental health problems are no more likely to be violent than anyone else. Most people with mental illness are not violent and only 3%–5% of violent acts can be attributed to individuals living with a serious mental illness. In fact, people with severe mental illnesses are over 10 times more likely to be victims of violent crime than the general population.

hi my blue !!

Love our Parkland kids!

but ..........

Am surprised he has not taken off

terrific and articulate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DK-keKy35c4

He's going to run for office one day and I wish I lived in Maryland so I could vote for him. But maybe he'll run for President and I'll get the chance.

One thing I noticed about these kids is they don't make it a Democrat vs. Republican issue. It's politicians on both sides who are letting them down and they know it. They're calling everyone out.

Quite honestly, what would one expect from Ted Nugent? He actually stood in front of thousands of people, while wielding two semis, well, he called them "machine guns", so who knows, he has the money to obtain machine guns... and said that, Barack Obama, should suck on his "machine gun", and that HRC might want to "ride one" into the sunset. He also admitted to soiling himself to avoid the draft. The man went round-the-bend years ago, and is trying to grab some :15 minutes. He's bat $h*t crazy.

Speaking from personal experience, I agree he’s racist and sexist and adores guns as if they represent his own anatomy. His opinion has zero value to me. He’s inconsequential in the gun reform debate and in most debates, tbh.

I can’t help but wonder if mass shootings have grown more common since the 1970s because, in part, forensic science has improved?

Meaning more are caught for serial crimes and murders, so if someone wants to terrorize or exact revenge, they’ll just grab high-power firearms instead and inflict as much damage as quickly as possible.

2015 report:
Mass shootings have become more frequent since the 1970s
https://www.google.com/amp/www.msnb...tings-have-become-more-frequent-the-1970s/amp

“Nonetheless, the slight increase in mass public shootings in the last four decades is noteworthy, considering that the overall rate of gun crime has declined significantly over the same time period.”

2016 report:
Over the last few decades, America has definitely had one thing going for it; serial killers have been declining.
https://scienceleadership.org/blog/the_second_golden_age_of_the_serial_killer

The golden age of terrorism
https://www.cnn.com/2015/07/28/opinions/bergen-1970s-terrorism/index.html

Speaking from personal experience, I agree he’s racist and sexist and adores guns as if they represent his own anatomy. His opinion has zero value to me. He’s inconsequential in the gun reform debate and in most debates, tbh.

I don't know the man personally, I feel sorry for you, that you've had to share the same oxygen space with the man(?). I have no personal experience with him, nor do I want to have one. He's a truly horrible, whatever.

I don't know the man personally, I feel sorry for you, that you've had to share the same oxygen space with the man(?). I have no personal experience with him, nor do I want to have one. He's a truly horrible, whatever.

LOL, thank you, rsd.

The problem is that he is considered sufficiently sane to obtain a gun licence and collect guns.
red flag.

The problem is that he is considered sufficiently sane to obtain a gun licence and collect guns.
red flag.

I call him "round-the-bend" as I think he's pretty right wing extremist. Are there left wing extremists that I feel the same way about? Yes. Do I think Teddie is going to blow something up, or kill someone? No. I just think he's a pretty horrible person for some of the things he's openly stated about women, gays, and people of color, over the years, oh, and let's not forget trophy hunting, I can't stand trophy hunting either. Do I think that Teddie's rhetoric might fire up someone else, who might then kill someone? Possibly so. He did get a visit from the Secret Service over the statements he made about then POTUS Barack Obama. What was even worse? Rep. Steve Stockman (TX), took him to then President Obama's State of the Union Address after the comments Teddie had made.

red flag.

He also talks about himself in the third person.

That said, I don’t believe he’d ever touch a gun if it meant he had to risk his own life in any way. ie: Draft dodging. He prefers game hunting — things that can’t shoot back.

Self-protection and gun reform aren’t his forte. ... Ted Nugent is Ted Nugent’s forte.

His own words say it all, really. (He has since denied/admitted various portions of the below account he gave to High Times.)

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/the-artful-dodger/

Remember, he was 18 when he did this. From the link:

“Ted was a young boy... (snip) So I got my notice to be in the draft. Do you think I was gonna lay down my guitar and go play army? Give me a break! I was busy doin’ it to it. I had a career Jack.”

(snip)

“I got my physical notice 30 days prior to. Well, on that day I ceased cleansing my body. No more brushing my teeth, no more washing my hair, no baths, no soap, no water. Thirty days of debris build.”

(snip)

“Then two weeks before, I stopped eating any food with nutritional value. I just had chips, Pepsi, beer-stuff I never touched-buttered poop, little jars of Polish sausages, and I’d drink the syrup, I was this side of death, Then a week before, I stopped going to the bathroom. I did it in my pants. poop, piss the whole shot. My pants got crusted up.”

“See, I approached the whole thing like, Ted Nugent, cool hard-workin’ dude, is gonna wreak havoc on these imbeciles in the armed forces. I’m gonna play their own game, and I’m gonna destroy ’em.”

“Now my whole body is crusted in poop and piss. I was ill. And three or four days before, I started stayin’ awake. I was close to death, but I was in control. I was extremely antidrug as I’ve always been, but I snorted some crystal methedrine.

(snip)

“I was a walking, talking hunk of human poop. I was six-foot-three of sin.”

(snip)

“Then they had a urine test and I couldn’t piss, But my poop was just like ooze, man, so I poop in the cup and put it on the counter. I had poop on my hand and my arm.”

“The guy almost puked. I was so proud.”

He also talks about himself in the third person.

That said, I don’t believe he’d ever touch a gun if it meant he had to risk his own life in any way. ie: Draft dodging. He prefers game hunting — things that can’t shoot back.

Self-protection and gun reform aren’t his forte. ... Ted Nugent is Ted Nugent’s forte.

His own words say it all, really. (He has since denied/admitted various portions of the below account he gave to High Times.)

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/the-artful-dodger/

Remember, he was 18 when he did this. From the link:

“Ted was a young boy... (snip) So I got my notice to be in the draft. Do you think I was gonna lay down my guitar and go play army? Give me a break! I was busy doin’ it to it. I had a career Jack.”

(snip)

“I got my physical notice 30 days prior to. Well, on that day I ceased cleansing my body. No more brushing my teeth, no more washing my hair, no baths, no soap, no water. Thirty days of debris build.”

(snip)

“Then two weeks before, I stopped eating any food with nutritional value. I just had chips, Pepsi, beer-stuff I never touched-buttered poop, little jars of Polish sausages, and I’d drink the syrup, I was this side of death, Then a week before, I stopped going to the bathroom. I did it in my pants. poop, piss the whole shot. My pants got crusted up.”

“See, I approached the whole thing like, Ted Nugent, cool hard-workin’ dude, is gonna wreak havoc on these imbeciles in the armed forces. I’m gonna play their own game, and I’m gonna destroy ’em.”

“Now my whole body is crusted in poop and piss. I was ill. And three or four days before, I started stayin’ awake. I was close to death, but I was in control. I was extremely antidrug as I’ve always been, but I snorted some crystal methedrine.

(snip)

“I was a walking, talking hunk of human poop. I was six-foot-three of sin.”

(snip)

“Then they had a urine test and I couldn’t piss, But my poop was just like ooze, man, so I poop in the cup and put it on the counter. I had poop on my hand and my arm.”

“The guy almost puked. I was so proud.”

18 or 80, Ted's only in it for himself and his own personal gain, and what strokes his ego. He is his own special species. Going to jail is not in the picture for that man so his motor mouth is the only weapon he's gonna use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kzrrz