Hailey Dunn General Discussion #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The reporter asked Billie Jean Dunn if she knew Callahan, who is serving five years in a federal prison in Fort Worth on drug charges, and she replied she did not.

“I was really upset with the way KTAB (presented the information) and even assuming that I might have met that Sonja lady,” she said. “I don’t associate with those types of people.”

http://www.oaoa.com/news/crime_just...cle_0d3eb4be-1f02-11e2-86b5-0019bb30f31a.html

Seriously? :facepalm: :floorlaugh:

I posted this earlier. See Post #105

The problem is theres just no evidence to suggest that Hailey ran away.Just the opposite really although to be honest I wouldnt have blamed her if she had of ran away.

We don't know what the evidence is. They said, the evidence clearly points to her being a runaway. They have never retracted that statement.

We don't know what the evidence is. They said, the evidence clearly points to her being a runaway. They have never retracted that statement.

May not have retracted, but this article says:

Until Jan. 3, a week after she disappeared on December 27, 13-year-old​
240;240;7237a38a38e2e361e047a5242dbfd5728465fb90.jpg

Colorado City, TX middle school cheerleader Hailey Dunn was classified as a runaway. Police Chief John Bevins declaration has been parroted by local media, most notably local radio station owner Jim Baum, who told the local NBC affiliate, “To tell you the truth, this is the first time, and I’ve been here 30 years, that we’ve had a runaway like this. It’s so uncommon”. Calling a missing child a runaway has always been law enforcement’s fallback position. It allows them to defer responsibility and puts the onus of recovery on the shoulders of the family, because runaways are considered a family issue. This action also reflects an exaggerated and distorted sense of what is happening to America’s children.​

Rread more at:

http://klaaskids.org/blog/?p=17

I think your a little behind in this case. She is not been classified as a runaway for a long long time now. IF she was a runaway Shawn wouldnt have been named in the case and LE wouldnt have such a problem with Billie. Also like I said her dad was informed that she is no longer alive.

There are news articles about both organizations.
It initially looked like TES was coming, (first week of January)
then Klaas Kids showed up (third week of January.)

"The Dunn family" requested TES.
Billie became buds with Mark Klaas.

I have no evidence of it, but here is my theory... maybe a local can weigh in?

I think Tim Miller was still looking at people through "Casey Anthony glasses..." and was more skeptical.
Tim was probably focused on HAILEY and finding HAILEY. I doubt Billie was thrilled with that attitude.

I think Mark Klaas treated Billie like a parent of a missing child (until he realized she was lying to him.)
Tim Miller was not going to go on Nancy and sit next to Billie and be her moral support.

Mark was willing to keep the attention on Billie herself and sit next to her for interviews.
So I think Klaas Kids came because Billie liked the way they treated HER. Nothing more, nothing less. :twocents:

Billie was expecting them to come. They were packed and ready to come till they spoke with LE and were told NO.

Trying to remember, what was the lie Billie told (when Marc severed himself from the case)?

I think Klaas got very upset when the child *advertiser censored* came out AND he found that she was still with Shawn

Trying to remember, what was the lie Billie told (when Marc severed himself from the case)?

Marc Klaas, the father of a murder victim who visited Colorado City earlier this year, said Hailey's mother should be ashamed of herself. Klaas said Billie Dunn held back information from law enforcement about *advertiser censored* being in her home.

Klaas is the creator of Klaaskids, a group that's helped lead and organize search efforts for the missing 13-year-old Colorado City teen.

"I think everything is open for question," added Klaas.

Klaas said he doesn't believe Billie Dunn is clueless and was likely aware of what was happening in her home. Klaas said he's "stunned" by the new developments in the case.

The odd thing though is they was recently searching for Ali Lowitzer who is from Texas so some parts at least are happy to cooperate with TES.

And I think they are wonderful and am glad to know others are happy to have them!

My guess is that it takes a lot of trust for LE to let a 3rd-party organization come in and search on their 'turf'. Although everyone wants the person found, LE has to worry about the preservation of evidence as well.

While some have faith in Tim Miller and TES, I'm not sure all LE agencies do.

Just my take. As for me (and I realize I don't really amount to a hill of beans in these cases), I admire and trust TM and TES 110% - and then some.

I think they are great! I am just wondering what some LE think of them, however I will say that on the cases where TE has been asked not to come I believe LE has already believed the children to be dead so maybe that is the issue. IMO

There is evidence to support the fact she did not runaway.
1. A 13 year old girl does not runaway with sweatpants, flip flops and shirt.
2. A 13 year old does not runaway with no money.
3. A 13 year old does not runaway without taking the new electronics she received for Christmas.
4. A 13 year old does not runaway in December without a jacket.
5. A 13 year old does not runaway without her bathroom toiletries.
This child disappeared from CCity without a trace and took nothing, not one single thing except the clothes she was wearing. Hailey did not take a birth certificate or social security card, both of which are needed to obtain employment and for someone on the run, money and access to it are a high priority, even for a 13 year old. I am of the opinion that it is without sound reasoning to imply and insist that Hailey is a runaway.

3. A 13 year old does not runaway without taking the new electronics she received for Christmas.
This child disappeared from CCity without a trace and took nothing, not one single thing except the clothes she was wearing. Hailey did not take a birth certificate or social security card, both of which are needed to obtain employment and for someone on the run, money and access to it are a high priority, even for a 13 year old. I am of the opinion that it is without sound reasoning to imply and insist that Hailey is a runaway.

A 13 yr old doesn't go to a sleepover without those first 5 items either

I think Klaas got very upset when the child *advertiser censored* came out AND he found that she was still with Shawn

They didn't have any child *advertiser censored* though. The sheriff said that it was found at their house, but that turned out to not be true, something he would have been well aware of.

It is not uncommon to read of cases here where some minor has taken off with an older boyfriend taking nothing with her, just walking out the house and not coming back. It happens.

She would have had stuff at home and at least at her fathers house since she appears to have stayed at both locations on occassion. Possibly at other places as well. If she was doing sleepovers, and not at the place her mother though she was, then who knows what she might have had stored there. She didn't take much from BD's house, but if she did leave she probably had whatever she would have needed elsewhere.

If the point was not to attract undue attention for as long as possible, then you wouldnt take anything with you, you would travel light.

If she ran away, it would not be on her own anyway, it would allmost certainly be with someone else, probably an adult, a boyfriend, a family friend or some other family member.

Weren't ALL of us?! So sad to know a mother could be that uncaring... all for a peice of yit boyfriend?!?!? :furious:

Clint had said HIMSELF that he was told Hailey is dead :( No agency believes he has her hidden as he was publicy cleared by LE of being involved in his daughters disasppearance unlike her mother.

The only person to specifically have "cleared" him was the sheriff many months later after doing a polygraph.

The problem is that early on in the case CD was on TV bragging that he was willing to take a polygraph test, but that no one asked him to. Then, much later, the sheriff makes a public statement that he was just been given one and "passed", hence wasn't a suspect. This is very unusual because generally LE don't comment about who is given a poly or if they passed or not. They certainly don't do press releases about it.

Just how the sheriff reached this conclusion is not clear, since know one has any idea what happened to HD, so it is impossible to "clear" anyone. Certainly, there is evidence from multiple angles suggesting that HD went to CD's house that day, plus, according to the grandmothers account of that day CD would have been alone at home when HD dissappeared, allegedly on the way to his house. That doesn't mean that CD had anything to do with what happened, but it also means that he can't be eliminated. So how could the sheriff conclude that he was?

We also have early on in the case the Sheriff making claims about child *advertiser censored*/bestiality being found at HD's residence, and pursuing SA on that basis, even though this later turned out to be false.

IMO the sheriff early on decided that the guilty party was SA and subsequently developed tunnel vision in the investigation focussed on that theory. That would explain why they had largely ignored what was going on in CD's side of the divide and why they didn't give him a poly.

Then, later on the sheriff would have come under pressure from other agencies, such as the Texas Rangers and the FBI, asking why the investigation was not exploring other alternatives. In response to that, months later, he about-faced and tested CD, then pronounced him cleared. In that scenario the sheriff would have been acting petulantly to internal criticism from his peers, not necessarily because he had a real basis for his conclusion.

As for HD being dead, the only person to have suggested that IIRC was the former city manager of CC, and he promptly about faced on that when challenged. I doubt that any LE would seriously have told CD that HD was dead without compelling evidence for that, and as far as we know there is none. It is just not the sort of thing any responsible LE would do. So, if CD is saying that now, he is either making it up, or he is extrapolating from what Kaempfer originally claimed.

It is not uncommon to read of cases here where some minor has taken off with an older boyfriend taking nothing with her, just walking out the house and not coming back. It happens.

She would have had stuff at home and at least at her fathers house since she appears to have stayed at both locations on occassion. Possibly at other places as well. If she was doing sleepovers, and not at the place her mother though she was, then who knows what she might have had stored there. She didn't take much from BD's house, but if she did leave she probably had whatever she would have needed elsewhere.

If the point was not to attract undue attention for as long as possible, then you wouldnt take anything with you, you would travel light.

If she ran away, it would not be on her own anyway, it would allmost certainly be with someone else, probably an adult, a boyfriend, a family friend or some other family member.

But she did not have anything stored at that friends house, IIRC. It was not a place that she hung out at all of the time.

And she did not have an older boyfriend. There was no evidence on her computer, X-box or cell phone, and her older brother would have known imo. It was a small town. People would have known if she had a secret older boyfriend.

She did not run away. JMO

ETA; IF she was meeting up with an older boy she liked, she would not have been wearing old sweats and a pair of flip flops. JMO

I think your a little behind in this case. She is not been classified as a runaway for a long long time now. IF she was a runaway Shawn wouldnt have been named in the case and LE wouldnt have such a problem with Billie. Also like I said her dad was informed that she is no longer alive.

When did LE tell him that?

They didn't have any child *advertiser censored* though. The sheriff said that it was found at their house, but that turned out to not be true, something he would have been well aware of.

Which is weird because Billie has implied that LE showed her some of the child *advertiser censored* he has so it had to of been on something that Shawn owned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717