Hailey Dunn General Discussion #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a chuckle earlier today because of a 2 option answer poll concerning presumption of innocence. ;)

The funny thing about that is that page is more than fond of convicting people and not worrying about innocence.

The link is on Snyder's newspaper website which you have to subscribe to get access to. I posted a photo of the article from the actual Snyder newspaper. If that is not okay, let me know and I will delete it.

I had to remove the post due to copyright infringement. But I did see that it said two indictments were not being made public.

Please remember that we have NO idea who are named in the indictments and it could be another case altogether.

Wonder if we could pry one of our WS Attorney's away from that to answer our question? I'll check to see if AZLawyer is online.

Knox, based on your PM I think what you wanted to know is this: After an indictment, if the person hasn't already been arrested, normally the prosecutor will immediately take the indictment to a judge to request an arrest warrant. If a sealed indictment has been handed down against someone, and their whereabouts are known, and yet there has been no arrest for a significant period of time, I would assume there is some investigative reason that LE wants the person to be "free" (or to feel free) for now.

I had to remove the post due to copyright infringement. But I did see that it said two indictments were not being made public.

Please remember that we have NO idea who are named in the indictments and it could be another case altogether.

I personally have no idea which is why I haven't really commented about the indictments. What I do know is that LE have always said that once Hailey was found then there would be arrests. Well we do know that Hailey has been found and identified. Also what makes me wonder is that CL was meant to be interviewed and has been pretty vocal but he suddenly cancelled his interview and has gone quiet. PH has also gone quiet.

I would like the arrests to be carried out before the memorial as I am disgusted at the antics of a certain person who seems to want there to be problems that day.

The silence is deafening.... but i think its a good thing. Everyone seems to be going quiet, like the calm before the storm. Perhaps LE is close to an arrest and has asked everyone to remain silent in order to protect the potential jury pool and secure a successful prosecution.

a very apt description HHH,

The calm before the storm.

Just doing my daily check for updates.

Straining my ear for that first loud clap of thunder announcing the storm is breaking.

Aren't Billie and Shawn a little old to take photos of themselves dressed as their fav band complete with masks...

I don't know, my husband (38) and his bff (40) still dress up like KISS and take photos. :rockon: But...there is a big difference between KISS music and Mushroomhead music imo.

Knox, based on your PM I think what you wanted to know is this: After an indictment, if the person hasn't already been arrested, normally the prosecutor will immediately take the indictment to a judge to request an arrest warrant. If a sealed indictment has been handed down against someone, and their whereabouts are known, and yet there has been no arrest for a significant period of time, I would assume there is some investigative reason that LE wants the person to be "free" (or to feel free) for now.
Thank you. This is very helpful, but I don't really get the grand jury thing. Let's say, LE found DNA from John doe at the scene where the remains were found. Could they question and arrest John doe or would they have to go to Grand jury first. I am not saying any DNA was found. This is just a "what if".

I don't know, my husband (38) and his bff (40) still dress up like KISS and take photos. :rockon: But...there is a big difference between KISS music and Mushroomhead music imo.

My husband is 61 and he recently met the grand kids at the gate dressed in a homer Simpson costume. Men can be strange. However, I do think dressing up like homer or kiss is on an entirely different level than Michael Myers costumes complete with slasher knives and animal guts. Enjoying Mushroomhead music and lyrics is beyond my understanding.

They are not releasing the names to the public- these are the indictments the grand jury handed down yesterday. The dates:
1- Oct. 2012- he has two
2. Dec 2012
3 Feb 2013
4- March 27, 2013
then the two that are not being released.

What do the dates signify? Date of charge? Sorry I'm so dense! :facepalm:

And if their whereabouts are not known?

They find them real fast by putting the US Marshals on it! Those guys and gals rock! (as do all public service agents)

Thank you. This is very helpful, but I don't really get the grand jury thing. Let's say, LE found DNA from John doe at the scene where the remains were found. Could they question and arrest John doe or would they have to go to Grand jury first. I am not saying any DNA was found. This is just a "what if".

I have asked that same question and do not understand the answer.....

Hypothetical here: Joe Blow shoots Billy Bob in the chest, in the front yard, in broad daylight, in front of 50 witnesses. Billy Bob is dead. The police immediately arrest Joe Blow and charge him with murder.

Why doesn't a Grand Jury have to convene to decide Joe Blow's fate?

I know a sheriff's deputy who would probably love to join your DH and his bff! He has KISS stuff all over his desk! :lol:

The silence is deafening.... but i think its a good thing. Everyone seems to be going quiet, like the calm before the storm. Perhaps LE is close to an arrest and has asked everyone to remain silent in order to protect the potential jury pool and secure a successful prosecution.

I think one problem with any arrests is that its possibly not simply a case of arresting one person but arresting two people in two different areas and doing it at the same time so that one cant tip off the other somehow so they can make a run for it.

I have asked that same question and do not understand the answer.....

Hypothetical here: Joe Blow shoots Billy Bob in the chest, in the front yard, in broad daylight, in front of 50 witnesses. Billy Bob is dead. The police immediately arrest Joe Blow and charge him with murder.

Why doesn't a Grand Jury have to convene to decide Joe Blow's fate?

I'm not an attorney, but here's my take on it. Using this case as an example, and using the term "you" generically, just because you think someone is scum of the earth, and/or just because said sote failed their polygraph, that is really not evidence, and it's not enough to get a conviction. I feel LE has more evidence than we know about, but COD will probably not be determined, TOD is going to be vague, etc. etc. The pros. lays their cards on the table for the GJ, and they decide if it's enough to get a conviction, and if it's not, it's set aside to avoid double jeopardy.

In your scenario, you have a body, you have COD, TOD, suspect with literal smoking gun in hand, and 50 eye witnesses to the crime. Even then, LE is likely to arrest the guy for something like discharging a firearm until the DA weighs in in what degree of murder to charge him with.

What do the dates signify? Date of charge? Sorry I'm so dense! :facepalm:

The dates are when the crime was committed. This list actually included names that Texasmom left off I assume due to TOS. The two indictments that are sealed had no information at all, no dates or names, just the statement two more were handed down that are not for the public to know about just yet.

I'm not an attorney, but here's my take on it. Using this case as an example, and using the term "you" generically, just because you think someone is scum of the earth, and/or just because said sote failed their polygraph, that is really not evidence, and it's not enough to get a conviction. I feel LE has more evidence than we know about, but COD will probably not be determined, TOD is going to be vague, etc. etc. The pros. lays their cards on the table for the GJ, and they decide if it's enough to get a conviction, and if it's not, it's set aside to avoid double jeopardy.

In your scenario, you have a body, you have COD, TOD, suspect with literal smoking gun in hand, and 50 eye witnesses to the crime. Even then, LE is likely to arrest the guy for something like discharging a firearm until the DA weighs in in what degree of murder to charge him with.

That simplifies it, thank you. :seeya:

For those able to read The Snyder Daily News for the next month :) Is there an archive function and does it list Grand Jury results for months or years past? I am wondering if there are 2 sealed indictments in the past that weren't open, possibly because of lack of evidence. TIA It has been awhile now since we heard that Hailey was found/IDed but it still stings to read she is gone. Time for Justice for Hailey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper