Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #188

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The part that stood out to me about Richard Allen's interrogations in October 2022 was that he said he was willing to voluntarily give LE his phone(his current one?) until he felt during that interrogation that they were accusing him of the Delphi murders.

If Richard Allen really is bridge guy, he sure wanted to do whatever he could to help the police prove the case, without realizing this was a possibility.
RA had over 5 years to destroy any evidence he had on that phone. Or he may have gotten a new one during that time that was never used in any shady business. It sounds like he got new phones often based on the number that was recovered during the SW.

My phone plan upgrades me (if I choose) each time a new iPhone version comes out.

JMO

So...

At any given time the perpetrator could have returned to the scene of the crime a second+ time and especially if, as pointed out before, some of those searchers may have been as far as 15 feet from the girls before they were found.

I wonder if RA was a part of the initial search party or parties.
Very much doubt he was a searcher, MO

I was just listening to podcast about another case and it was mentioned that LE sometimes withholds information in order to be able to identify false confessions. We know LE in the Delphi case did that and I hadn’t thought about it for a long time. A tried and true tool in investigation.
Thinking about it now, I think it worked in reverse for LE here.
I feel sure one of the things LE kept to themselves was that a witness had seen BG/RA standing on the 1st platform shortly before the girls got to the bridge.
On October 13, 2022, when RA offered and admitted that he was on that platform at that time, he placed the last piece of the puzzle for LE.
RA cannot take himself off that bridge. He absolutely cannot take himself off the bridge. Not only is there a witness, RA himself puts himself on that bridge.
What that means is it doesn’t matter if RA’s cellphone shows up in the data or not, because he is STILL on that bridge, by his on word. Talk about Odinists or other players or unspent bullets or dozens of confessions, people who saw him and people who didn’t, etc……but RA is still on that bridge.
If feel confident LE has much more evidence against RA. Some will need to be weighed thoughtfully by the jury. Other evidence will be more directly tied to RA, and he will still be on that bridge. Nobody can take him off.

BG=RA and he will forever be on that bridge

Opinion
So you think, LE had their "last puzzle piece" already within the first week after the crime, if they only had known or if they only had filed it in a proper way?
What if in case of the two little cousins from Iowa (2012) something similar happened? - Just a spontaneous thought ....

Libby's grandparents, afaik + MOO, were frequently patrons of the same pub as RA. One would think, that RA would have had more scruples about brutally killing a teenager, with whose grandparents he often drank his beer in a friendly atmosphere. IMO
I've never heard it that stated that the P's were frequent patrons of that bar, but Delphi is so small I'm not sure how many pubs would have been in town.

A killer of 2 innocent young girls has no scruples or conscious at all. Maybe that even gave him a sick thrill? IDK

JMO

I've never heard it that stated that the P's were frequent patrons of that bar, but Delphi is so small I'm not sure how many pubs would have been in town.

A killer of 2 innocent young girls has no scruples or conscious at all. Maybe that even gave him a sick thrill? IDK

JMO

Yes like the pool pub photo with the wanted sketch In the background.

ETA - also this photo shows how young he can look at he doesn’t look late 40’s.

ETA - photo for context

Last edited:
Yes like the pool pub photo with the wanted sketch In the background.

ETA - also this photo shows how young he can look at he doesn’t look late 40’s.

ETA - photo for context

He doesn't look like either of those sketches though - not by a long shot.

To me he looks older than the sketch of the younger male and younger than the one of the older male, but he doesn't look like either of them.

He doesn't look like either of those sketches though - not by a long shot.

To me he looks older than the sketch of the younger male and younger than the one of the older male, but he doesn't look like either of them.

I can see bits of him in each sketch so just like how some saw a baby goat in the bridge video it’s up to the individual to decide what they see I guess :)

Imo

So you think, LE had their "last puzzle piece" already within the first week after the crime, if they only had known or if they only had filed it in a proper way?
What if in case of the two little cousins from Iowa (2012) something similar happened? - Just a spontaneous thought ....
It wasn't until late Summer of 2022 that RA said he walked out to the first platform on the Monon Bridge during the voluntary interviews of he and his wife.

Imugvrdzw

What i was trying to say was that once LE found out who was standing on the first platform, they would have the last puzzle piece. RA himself gave them the answer.
Sorry, I wasn’t very clear.

What i was trying to say was that once LE found out who was standing on the first platform, they would have the last puzzle piece. RA himself gave them the answer.
Sorry, I wasn’t very clear.
You were clear enough, thank you! :) Well, RA put himself on that platform, thank God, and nailed it himself. I didn't take into account, that he didn't do it until 2022 - my mistake. Memory, you know .... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I can see bits of him in each sketch so just like how some saw a baby goat in the bridge video it’s up to the individual to decide what they see I guess :)

Imo

I can't at all.

Probably because the sketches were drawn from grainy images and their eyes and noses aren't really the same.

Have just looked for images of RA to go along side those sketches to see better and...

Does anyone know if RA is left handed or not?

It has probably been discussed here before with #188 threads, I'm sure, but looking at BG on the bridge just now and then RA in a few photos - that question crossed my mind for some reason - - maybe because of their poses.

So...

At any given time the perpetrator could have returned to the scene of the crime a second+ time and especially if, as pointed out before, some of those searchers may have been as far as 15 feet from the girls before they were found.
But the DT is now saying they took the girls away from the area and the returned later and dumped the bodies there----WHILE PEOPLE WERE IN THE AREA SEARCHING, including cops and firefighters.

If you kidnapped two girls from a park, and you knew people were searching for the girls in that park area, would you return to that area with the bodies and stage the scene?
I wonder if RA was a part of the initial search party or parties.

Goldman doesn't have to worry about that because neither the phone or the girls left the area and then returned.

How could that have even been accomplished? By 3:30 pm on the 13th, Libby's father was already in the area, calling the phone and calling out their names. He also asked everyone he saw to help him search, and immediately there were a dozen people calling out to them and spreading out to find them. Soon there were dozens of first responders, and locals and friends and family walking all around, and many stayed throughout the entire night.

Why and how would a killer or killers return to that area, with all those police vehicles and searchers, calling out loudly for the girls? Do we seriously believe anyone would walk into that heavily watched area carrying two dead bodies, after they had already escaped the area safely already? Who would do that?

Does anyone think the DT is seriously going to try and convince the jury that, in spite of evidence to the contrary, someone killed the girls and then carried them BACK into the area that was actively being searched? Forensics blood evidence says that the girls were killed right where they lay. I am pretty sure there is other evidence showing that as well, like footprints, etc.

And what about the pesky Odinists? Were they the ones who took the girls and returned them? None of the searchers noticed a clan of bearded woodsmen carrying 2 bodies through the brush?
LG weighed 200 lbs. MOO nobody was carrying her over terrain.

But the DT is now saying they took the girls away from the area and the returned later and dumped the bodies there----WHILE PEOPLE WERE IN THE AREA SEARCHING, including cops and firefighters.

If you kidnapped two girls from a park, and you knew people were searching for the girls in that park area, would you return to that area with the bodies and stage the scene?

The autopsies should give a good indication of when both died and if it is close to the time they were on that bridge with BG then it is likely they didn't go anywhere.

Why would someone take them away just to dump their bodies back there - too much work and risk involved.

Also, there is a possibility that he bled Abby out in the river due to her having no blood on her or very little and being so clean according to that Final Draft. JMT.

Note: Just me speculating about being bled out in the water - it isn't in the Final Draft. Not that I know of anyhow.

I am under the impression that there wasn't as much blood as there should have been at the crime scene with how both girls died.

Last edited:
RA had over 5 years to destroy any evidence he had on that phone. Or he may have gotten a new one during that time that was never used in any shady business. It sounds like he got new phones often based on the number that was recovered during the SW.

My phone plan upgrades me (if I choose) each time a new iPhone version comes out.

JMO
I wonder how closely LE watched RA after that first contact in 2022 - to see if he tried to destroy or move evidence prior to the search. If he is the perpetrator I suspect he had burner phone or phones and perhaps other digital devices that he kept hidden, possibly still hidden. Having said that, he did keep his car, which is interesting. MOO

Well, I’m hitched because I re-read the 4th Franks and now I understand where Nick is getting this quote re:no contact with the tower past 5:44pm. It’s from the communication between Holeman and Blocher, which occurred at 1:00am on Feb14.

View attachment 520138

Exactly. Blocher was only "on the case" until 1AM. He wasn't looking at 4:33 AM, but the records show there was a communication with the tower. So, where was that dead/noncommunicating phone for roughly 3.5 hours?

This is what experts are needed for....on BOTH sides. We shouldn't accept either NM or AB saying what is relevant and what isn't because they are naturally biased toward what they are trying to prove (or disprove).

And impartial judge is needed to hear both sides and then decide.

IMO MOO

I think it will be his own words of confession that brings it all together. JMO
This is worrying imo because people have been known to falsely confess to crimes they had nothing to do with whatsoever. And worse, people have been convicted and imprisoned as a result of same. Some are eventually freed when the real criminal(s) have been caught, but sometimes they’re not.

I don’t care if RA confessed unless he actually committed the crime. I am hoping he wasn’t fed info by anyone intentionally or not and that if he did the crime, the state has a lot more solid evidence to prove that he did it.

My own opinion is the State Prosecutors are not writing these motion's with the general public in mind. They're doing their job not concerning themselves with trying to make sure the general public understands.The punlic really doesn't even become relevant at trial either for there will be just the jurors to convince. That's their job, not making sure every person online interested in the case is fully informed. We get to observe what we can. We take what we can get and discuss, expecting anything else, IMO, is futile. AJMO
Of course when all is said and done with this trial, in the future there will be books to read I'm sure.
Is this case going to be televised? Just wondering?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back