Haleigh's Bus Stop

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the documents and what we have read is indeed true, I think there is a possibility of this not being her current bus stop... They have only lived in that trailer since November. This is her first day of school, which doesn't start in November.
I know they lived close, but oftentimes in neighborhoods there are a lot of children, and they are picked up at several different stops.... although I don't see any other kids in the picture ...

True. Kids do get very "clingy" and want to stay with mom or dad. It is a scary new world to get on huge bus with a "stranger" and drive away. I always drove my children to school to avoid that stress on them and on me (probably more for me tho!).

I wonder if Crystal came by for the Big Day (!st day of school, !st bus ride)? I know of at least one custody agreement which wh allows for such, I wonder about theirs? I cannot imagine missing out on my lil guy's first day...............

I thought she had pics of her on her myspace of first day of school or something......didn't she?? And another thing.....my kids are on the bus route...but 1st day of school I always drive them becuase of all their supplies.

And another thing....I thought they only lived 2-3 months...so this wouldn't be the "1st day of school" there, would it??? I mean it would be the 1st day at a new school.....but know what I mean??

Looks exactly like my son did when he was supposed to get on the bus to head off to school in the morning. I don't think there was a problem with the driver, I just think its something kids go through... they just don't want to leave. This picture is adorable but sad... she didn't want to be away from Daddy.

My youngest did the exact same thing his first day of school. A lot of kids have the same reaction.

Wait...If Haleigh followed that route on her way home from school, wouldn't the dogs have picked it up the scent anyway? In that case, are we looking at a shorter trail in connection with her disappearance?

ETA: Just thinking that some of the scent trail might be explained by normal daily routine.

I wonder if Crystal came by for the Big Day (!st day of school, !st bus ride)? I know of at least one custody agreement which wh allows for such, I wonder about theirs? I cannot imagine missing out on my lil guy's first day...............

I thought it sounded like RC was pretty lenient, he let her come over to his house to see the kids, etc., I just dont get the feeling he would reject the bio mom's attempt to be there for that milestone.

But.....I dont think the bio mom had a desire to be present. She said in the court proceedings that she did not want to get out of bed to take one of the kids to the doctor (the 12+ cancels and reschedules), so I have a hard time believing that an important milestone like the first day of school would have been anything important to her.

If the documents and what we have read is indeed true, I think there is a possibility of this not being her current bus stop... They have only lived in that trailer since November. This is her first day of school, which doesn't start in November.
I know they lived close, but oftentimes in neighborhoods there are a lot of children, and they are picked up at several different stops.... although I don't see any other kids in the picture ...

FWIW, I think she probably has the same bus stop. Where I live in Florida, the buses are not allowed to travel in front of RSO houses and there's no bus stops within so many feet of a RSO home. We know of 2 RSOs that lived in that area (one very,very close to Haleigh's home whether she lived on Monroe Ave., Buchanan Cir or Green Ln when she started school) so I think the bus stops are along the main road (Buffalo Bluff) and the bus doesn't even go into the neighborhood.

I live in a huge neighborhood with alot of side streets, cul-de sacs and LOTS of kids but the bus stops are all along the main road traveling through our neighborhood. When my son started kindergarten 4 years ago, his bus stop was right at the corner of our street but when my neighbor's son (RSO) decided to use their address although he didn't live there...they moved his bus stop to the main road and it's been there ever since.

You know what strikes me in this photo is her sheer determination NOT to get on that bus. Was there a problem with the bus driver? Could there be an issue associated to someone riding the bus, at school, or had something else happened somewhere along that route?

My middle son would throw a fit everyday as we reached the school. His teacher was extremely nice. One time I had to call my husband to help because he simply would not go in once we got there.He did this every single day for months. Teacher said he was fine as soon as class started. I think it was seperation anxiety.
This pic reminds me of those days. jmo

yeah, i kind of doubt crystal is going to drive 100 miles to see haleigh off to her first day of school. i could be wrong though.

it wouldn't surprise me if the school bus didn't go into their subdivision and stayed on buffalo bluff road. it would definitely save a lot of time. it might be a bit of a long walk for some to the bus stop, but maybe this is the case? is it unreasonable to make kids walk a half mile to the bus stop? i'm sure many of them get driven up there a lot too. ron said he picked her up from the bus which would make me think that the stop was atleast not real close to their home......

FWIW, I think she probably has the same bus stop. Where I live in Florida, the buses are not allowed to travel in front of RSO houses and there's no bus stops within so many feet of a RSO home. We know of 2 RSOs that lived in that area (one very,very close to Haleigh's home whether she lived on Monroe Ave., Buchanan Cir or Green Ln when she started school) so I think the bus stops are along the main road (Buffalo Bluff) and the bus doesn't even go into the neighborhood.

I live in a huge neighborhood with alot of side streets, cul-de sacs and LOTS of kids but the bus stops are all along the main road traveling through our neighborhood. When my son started kindergarten 4 years ago, his bus stop was right at the corner of our street but when my neighbor's son (RSO) decided to use their address although he didn't live there...they moved his bus stop to the main road and it's been there ever since.

So Haleigh could have followed that route to come home from school that day. The scent dogs could have picked up her route to/from the bus stop.

My middle son would throw a fit everyday as we reached the school. His teacher was extremely nice. One time I had to call my husband to help because he simply would not go in once we got there.He did this every single day for months. Teacher said he was fine as soon as class started. I think it was seperation anxiety.
This pic reminds me of those days. jmo

sounds just like me. i used to cry and throw a fit when i first started kindergarten. my mom actually came into the classroom and hung around for a while until i settled in. then i think she would sneak out when i wasn't looking. i don't remember how often this happened or if it was only like a one-time thing, though.

This is the first time that I've started a thread so mods, if it needs to be moved...please do so.

Winterrose posted a link to some photos towards the end of the NG thread. As I was looking at this one, I noticed the railroad crossing marking on the road behind the bus.

buspics.jpg

Some of us had been wondering if the bus stop was close to any of the RSO in the area. If you look at a map and the train track...the bus stop is probably somewhere around Tyler St & Buffalo Bluff Rd.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou....576947,-81.674509&spn=0.008584,0.018926&z=16

Another thought as I was looking at a map of the RSO in the area. I'm sure this has been discussed but one RSO lives right down the street from Haleigh's house...0.1 mile...at 212 Monroe St. Didn't Ron previously live on Monroe St? AND if this guy has any children, their bus stop is more than likely at the same location as Haleigh's. I'm sure LE has checked out this person but I just got a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach when I pulled up his picture.

That is an awfully big machine from a child's perspective. Makes me wanna cry.
Excellent pic of dad in action, thanks for the pic!!

I'd sure like to know if the bus stop is very near where the dogs quit tracking, but didn't look at the pic of Haleigh. It's just too sad, and reminds me of my grandson's first day on the bus going to preschool. He kept wanting to get off and get a "kiss and a hug".

You know what strikes me in this photo is her sheer determination NOT to get on that bus. Was there a problem with the bus driver? Could there be an issue associated to someone riding the bus, at school, or had something else happened somewhere along that route?

I do hope LE checked into this...........MOO also, doesn't look right to me either

That is an awfully big machine from a child's perspective. Makes me wanna cry.
Excellent pic of dad in action, thanks for the pic!!

I was in Satsuma yesterday and the road I came out of from seeing TN and RC was at the exact time the school bus was dropping off kids. About 15ft in front of this bus is a RR crossing. I had to wait for the 3-4 children to get off and then for the driver to stop at the RR crossing. I assume this was where HC would get on the bus, however, E. Buffalo Bluff is a long road with a few trailer parks so there could be a few stops. But from where RC' tent is I feel I was at her bus stop.

When I walked to RC's tent it was on the outer perimter of the park and about a 5 minute walk, a city girl not used to all that walking, and there was a lot of woods. The busdriver was a female and seemed like a very nice lady and she talked to every person who picked up there child. It would be very easy for a SO to stalk any prey and make a move on any child from that bus stop. I do hope any pray the LE spoke to the bus driver about any suspicious people hanging out near the bus stop she might have noticed something.

Looks exactly like my son did when he was supposed to get on the bus to head off to school in the morning. I don't think there was a problem with the driver, I just think its something kids go through... they just don't want to leave. This picture is adorable but sad... she didn't want to be away from Daddy.

I took all 3 of my sons to school their first day, went to the classroom with them and stayed until they were comfortable enough to be there. I did not send any of them on a bus the first day, in fact, most of their younger years they were taken to school and dropped off... not sent on a school bus.
When my middle son was in kindergarten, one day he just refused to get out of the car and go inside, and no amount of coaxing would sway him. This was way into the school year, after several months of attending. I finally ended up walking him into his class and told his teacher what was going on. She took him outside to sit on the steps with him, since her classroom was just inside the front door. Later she called me at home to tell me he was fine, and she had figured out what was wrong. Something had happened the day before, and he thought he was in trouble, and just scared to go back.
It is obvious to me from that picture that Haleigh just had separation anxiety. My youngest son was barely 4 when he went to preschool for 3 hours a day. His first day was fine until I left the room to go back home, and he cried, holding his arms out to me while the teacher held him in her lap. It was all I could do to walk out of there, and I cried all the way home. When I went to pick him up, he was fine, had stopped crying within minutes of me leaving. The next morning, he marched into school by himself with no problems, and was smiling! No problems after that. I can't imagine what it would have been like if I sent him off on a bus with strangers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Purpleflowerrrs