Halyna Hutchins Shot With Prop Gun - Alec Baldwin indicted & Hannah Gutierrez-Reed charged, 2021 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
o_O

"Furious Alec Baldwin clashes with anti-Israel mob in NYC after protesters accused him of 'genocide' and taunted him over on-set Rust shooting."

o_O

"Furious Alec Baldwin clashes with anti-Israel mob in NYC after protesters accused him of 'genocide' and taunted him over on-set Rust shooting."

These are scary times. The people at these protests are so crazy and unpredictable. They've caused some violence in our area, too. Strangely, some of them are gun-toting neo-Nazis. If Baldwin is smart, he'll avoid these people, but his temper gets him in trouble.

ETA: Just to be clear, most of these protestors are non-violent, but there are some who are the violent neo-Nazi type. Probably others who are violent, too. It's a scary world in the US these days with so much gun violence.

Last edited:

The legal team for Hannah Gutierrez-Reed, the former movie set armorer for "Rust," filed a motion to dismiss a separate felony firearm charge from 2021.

They're claiming that the special prosecutors are being vindictive and that they don't have the authority to charge her for a crime unrelated to the shooting on the set. Also, the defense says that they didn't have the right to search her phone for old crimes.

The legal team for Hannah Gutierrez-Reed, the former movie set armorer for "Rust," filed a motion to dismiss a separate felony firearm charge from 2021.

They're claiming that the special prosecutors are being vindictive and that they don't have the authority to charge her for a crime unrelated to the shooting on the set. Also, the defense says that they didn't have the right to search her phone for old crimes.
I've always had a nagging suspicion that prosecution team was desperate to get her to testify against Baldwin. Just sayin' :)

Alec Baldwin has been indicted on charges of involuntary manslaughter, as prosecutors once again seek to hold the actor accountable for the on-set death of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins.

Baldwin, 65, was initially charged in the case in January 2023. But the charges were dropped three months later, after Baldwin’s defense team raised questions about whether his Colt .45 was functioning properly when it fired.

If convicted, Baldwin faces up to 18 months in prison.

“We look forward to our day in court,” said Baldwin’s attorneys, Luke Nikas and Alex Spiro, in a statement on Friday.

‘GRAND JURY INDICTMENT:

So, he's charged with a fourth degree felony. In NM, the maximum penalty is 18 months in prison.

JMO, it won't get that far. How does the prosecution make a good case for negligence when, as an actor rehearsing a scene, he was handed a prop gun by a professional who told him it was checked and not loaded with ammunition?

So, he's charged with a fourth degree felony. In NM, the maximum penalty is 18 months in prison.

JMO, it won't get that far. How does the prosecution make a good case for negligence when, as an actor rehearsing a scene, he was handed a prop gun by a professional who told him it was checked and not loaded with ammunition?

Perfectly stated!

I still do not like Alec in any sense of the word, but I think they will have a hard time proving their case. JMHO

Kind of the same. I don't like or dislike him, but I don't see how they'll prove it. That said, its an election year, so that may have something to do with it. Celebrities don't deserve special treatment under the law - whether helpful or otherwise. JMO

From the NYTimes article on the indictment:

The indictment charged Mr. Baldwin with two different counts of involuntary manslaughter, but he can only be convicted of one. The more serious one, a felony, accuses him of “total disregard or indifference for the safety of others,” while the other accuses him of the negligent use of a firearm.
A new forensic report written by Lucien C. Haag determined that Mr. Baldwin must have pulled the trigger, finding that the gun needed two pounds of pressure to fire.

But in order to conduct the testing, Mr. Haag had to replace parts of the gun, which had been damaged by the F.B.I. during its own analysis. That complication is certain to be raised by Mr. Baldwin’s defense, who have called the revived prosecution “misguided.”

We've talked about the Haag report before, but I'll say again that without having the original gun in one piece, I think the prosecutors are going to have quite an uphill battle in proving that AB pulled the trigger.

The indictment charged Mr. Baldwin with two different counts of involuntary manslaughter, but he can only be convicted of one. The more serious one, a felony, accuses him of “total disregard or indifference for the safety of others,” while the other accuses him of the negligent use of a firearm.
A new forensic report written by Lucien C. Haag determined that Mr. Baldwin must have pulled the trigger, finding that the gun needed two pounds of pressure to fire.

But in order to conduct the testing, Mr. Haag had to replace parts of the gun, which had been damaged by the F.B.I. during its own analysis. That complication is certain to be raised by Mr. Baldwin’s defense, who have called the revived prosecution “misguided.”

We've talked about the Haag report before, but I'll say again that without having the original gun in one piece, I think the prosecutors are going to have quite an uphill battle in proving that AB pulled the trigger.

Replace parts of the gun?

Not good enough.... Ship has sailed.

When the FBI conducted its analysis what did it find? (I know the gun was apparently damaged when the FBI tested the gun).

How does the prosecution make a good case for negligence when, as an actor rehearsing a scene, he was handed a prop gun by a professional who told him it was checked and not loaded with ammunition?

He was not only an actor, but one of the producers as well.

And this set was an absolute MESS IMO.
A woman is dead because of it :(

JMO

I've said it before, I'll say it again: What makes the entertainment industry exempt from personal firearms safety? The NUMBER ONE rules of guns is "assume it's loaded and do not point it at anything you do not intend to hit". How is that able to be delegated?
I will never understand this.

He was not only an actor, but one of the producers as well.

And this set was an absolute MESS IMO.
A woman is dead because of it :(

JMO

IIRC there were several producers on the movie, each with different responsibilities.

It's unlikely prosecution can prove Alec was directly responsible for the mistakes made by an employee from the prop department.He was focused on acting in a leading role as well as helping the director and other actors.

But don't take my word for it. It will all come out in the trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717