Halyna Hutchins Shot With Prop Gun - Alec Baldwin indicted & Hannah Gutierrez-Reed charged, 2021 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Second Def. Atty Yesterday. Santa Fe Style?
Yes, thank you! Serious power imbalance here....
Re: the second defense attorney -- apparently dressed as a traditional Defense Attorney today. However, the other outfits we've seen -- are not unusual for Santa Fe in my lifelong experience there....
snipped by me @Laughing Thx for this, power imbalance. True.

@Laughing Or anyone---
A pic or link to pic of the second def. atty from yesterday? Or others in non-trad atty style? TiA

WITNESS 9: Shannon Prince, FBI Forensic Examiner.Prince conducted latent prints exam on .45 dummies box found on set of "Rust" film set.Results: 10 latent fingerprintsCompared prints to HGR, Sarah Zachry, Dave Halls and Alec Baldwin2 matched HGR but not the others.

Did the same testing on a second box of dummies - found 3 latent prints.Halls and HGR were inconclusive.SP: it’s possible to touch a box and not leave latent prints

WITNESS 10: Robert Gillette, FBI Explosives Unit (Chemist Forensic Examiner)

WITNESS 11: Jerrilyn Conway, FBI Forensics DNA Examiner. Primary conclusion: Baldwin, HGR and a third person were contributors of DNA on the gun.We already know HGR, Baldwin and Dave Halls touched the gun moments before it fired the deadly round.

WITNESS 12: Ross Addiego, Dolly Grip on the "Rust" film. Blanks can be dangerous on a movie set. Safety gear may be used by crew if blanks are being fired in their direction (glasses, hearing protection, covering camera operators with special coats.).

RA: HGR "wasn’t necessarily as serious or professional as I’m accustomed to.”

RA: “It was out of the ordinary.” Called it concerning that guns and gun belts were left out on prop cart and were not secured under lock and key.

RA: There were quick resets where HGR was put in a position to quickly reload, by first AD (Dave Halls) and actor Alec Baldwin.

RA: armorer is responsible for showing rounds. She didn’t do any of that.KM: when is ammo loaded by armorer? Is that done in secret? RA: It would be during moments of safety check in front of cast/crew. Not a practice HGR did, to his recollection

RA: HGR wasn’t "necessarily as serious or professional as I’m accustomed to.”

RA: describes first accidental discharge on Rust set when prop master (Sarah Zahry) was loading or unloading a handgun. Horses on set were spooked. They were preparing for a scene.

KM: Did you ever see the prop master loading/unloading gun on other films? RA: Never seen that 2nd accidental discharge: HGR was prepping stunt double with firearm, unannounced to anyone outside cabin, firearm was discharged. Both Discharges occurred within an hour.

RA: Accidental discharges are not common.

Edited to include:

KM: who is responsible for accident discharges on set? RA: The armorer

RA: Expressed frustration and anger to 1st AD Dave Halls. RA: safety seems secondary to the production clock RA: “Mr. Halls ignored me and walked away.” RA: does not know if it was ever included in production report

Prosecutors about to play clip from "Rust" that was filmed the morning of Oct. 21 inside church (prior to deadly shooting). Video still shows sound slate with timecode: 12:22:26:22. Baldwin is wearing hat. His head is bowed as he sits on pew. Having tech issue.

RA describes scene they filmed: Baldwin’s character is supposed to contemplate pulling his weapon as lawmen enter church and shootout would ensue.

KM: was Baldwin armed with his prop gun? RA: yes. My understanding is Mr. Baldwin always wanted to use his gun. RA doesn’t know if gun was empty or had dummies RA: did not see who brought Baldwin the gun that morning. They broke for lunch.

@DanaGriffinNBC

A few more additional X posts from @DanaGriffinNBC (WITNESS 12: Ross Addiego)

RA: never saw interaction between HGR and Dave Halls inside church when the gun was handed over. Heard HGR tell Dave Halls it was checked and locked up before lunch. Halls said “cold gun” or “cold weapon”

Now playing scene that was filmed with Baldwin before lunch. Atmosphere dust is sprayed in the background to make it look dusty. Actor playing lawman: “Stand up slowly and toss me the gun.”Baldwin's character ignores voice as he remain in seated position.

RA describes shooting: Baldwin drawing weapon… it goes off… ears ringing…. everyone in a panic (RA gets emotions) Halyna was clearly injured… starting to go flush... holding right ride.Joel let out some sort of scream to indicate he was also injured

HGR's "armorer" dad knew there were possibly live rounds on set because there was, for sure, at least one live round on set.

Charging documents held Gutierrez-Reed responsible for "allowing live ammunition on the set," but not for bringing them to the production.

Once the case reaches trial, defense teams for Gutierrez-Reed and Baldwin are expected to grill prosecutors over their inability to explain the source of the live rounds.

Thursday, jurors reviewed photos of live rounds found on the set.

Special prosecutor Jason Lewis said investigators combed through movie set photos, determining there were six live rounds that circulated the set of the Alec Baldwin-starred western movie — including one displayed in a photo that Gutierrez-Reed took of herself at work.

“There is a live round sitting right on Ms. Gutierrez’s lap and she failed to identify it,” Lewis told the 12 jurors as they were shown the image.

Gutierrez-Reed photographed herself in a photo on set with a live round. Seen bottom left.
EXHIBIT #9
View attachment 486039

I'm confused, how do they know from the photo that one of these rounds is live?

Enlarged it and experts can tell.
Zoomed-in image showing a box labeled 'dummy rounds' presented as court exhibit during the Hannah Gutierrez-Reed trial.9
Court exhibit highlighting a zoom-in of the image showing a box of ‘dummy rounds'

Its hard to tell from those pics but the live rounds found on set had silver colored primers, the dummies had brass colored.
And if you open a box of 50 rounds and see one with a different colored primer and different type of bullet, that's a big red flag.

Just watched the cross of the guy in the orange shirt. This is the only part of the trial I've seen, but her attorney seems to be good.

I haven’t watched it yet but does she have 2 attorneys? And is it the woman photographed above with the long hair that you are referring to?

Just watched the cross of the guy in the orange shirt. This is the only part of the trial I've seen, but her attorney seems to be good.
In the courtroom, he seems pretty good but her lawyers have dropped the ball twice on proper paperwork and prep. Her cell texts were made public because the lawyers didn't fill out a form correctly and they didn't file a request to redact cell numbers being shown publicly. And they tried to sneak in a last minute 'expert' without giving the state time to investigate. I don't know if they were trying to be sneaky or just lazy and waited to long to file on that.

I haven’t watched it yet but does she have 2 attorneys? And is it the woman photographed above with the long hair that you are referring to?
She had 2 male lawyers. They just brought on the woman lawyer seen sitting next to her. The woman from last week was a paralegal.
And one of her male lawyers tried to quit today and was told no. He's being forced to sit in the courtroom and not allowed to speak to his client, at her request.

She had 2 male lawyers. They just brought on the woman lawyer seen sitting next to her. The woman from last week was a paralegal.
And one of her male lawyers tried to quit today and was told no. He's being forced to sit in the courtroom and not allowed to speak to his client, at her request.

1709004697113.jpeg

Thanks, im trying to catch up on the new information. From this photo they don’t look chummy.

Holy crap, did Bowles screw up.
You never go in hard on a witness like that at the start then try to be nice.
You can go from good cop to bad. It doesn't work the opposite way.

I haven’t been able to follow this case very closely and while I’ve perused the comments in this thread, I have not had the time to read them all so forgive me if the things I ask in this post and others have been answered previously & I missed it.

If I’m not mistaken, in a police interview the day of the shooting, AB said that HGR handed him the gun and announced it was a cold gun but the investigators and HGR say that DH was the one who gave AB the gun after lunch and announced it was a cold gun. I think I also read that DH said it was him and that he did not check the gun himself before announcing it was safe.

So my question here is, did AB ever correct his statement to police that it was always HGR that would hand him the gun and did so after lunch that day? Or did I hear him wrong in that interview and he never said that she gave it to him?

In the courtroom, he seems pretty good but her lawyers have dropped the ball twice on proper paperwork and prep. Her cell texts were made public because the lawyers didn't fill out a form correctly and they didn't file a request to redact cell numbers being shown publicly. And they tried to sneak in a last minute 'expert' without giving the state time to investigate. I don't know if they were trying to be sneaky or just lazy and waited to long to file on that.
Not good. I'm going to start watching this one when the Troconis trial is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member