Halyna Hutchins Shot With Prop Gun - Alec Baldwin indicted & Hannah Gutierrez-Reed charged, 2021 #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, after watching a second time, I believe it is the shooting, from Halyna’s camera. I can’t tell if Alec’s finger is on the trigger, though
Please read my debunk post. (#175) It is not the shot.

Please read my debunk post. It is not the shot.
Thanks, I read it. Is there a link to anything with an official statement that the camera was rolling?

I’m recalling the director’s testimony Last week that he was looking over someone’s shoulder at the monitor for her camera as AB was moving with the gun when the prop gun went off.

Another link about Joel’s testimony

I’m just reviewing this information for myself. There are a lot of details being related in this trial and want to make sure. I know they said this was an insert shot and they were blocking it. It probably wasn’t filmed, but I’m verifying it for myself.

ETA : The Yahoo article linked above also clarifies that AD David Hall did NOT have to testify in this trial as part of his agreement. I do recall him saying that he wanted to do it for Halyna’s family and for the film industry.

On Thursday, he said that the terms of his agreement did not force him to testify during her trial but wanted Hutchins’ family to know the “truth” about what happened on set.

Last edited:
Something that’s been bugging me —- since when is Alec Baldwin an A-lister? I can’t even remember anything he did since 30 Rock. His most recent work that I can recall are the SNL skits he was doing during the previous White House administration. This movie seems like a vanity project for him. Alec Baldwin in a Western??? It’s so ludicrous. After watching this trial, I think I know why he was charged. I didn’t think he was culpable before but now it seems like he was careless and showing off as the “biggest actor” on this Indy movie. To this Indy crew he must’ve been their God. And I think he had a certain attitude and that’s why he was firing guns willy nilly. The fact that he went on damage control PR interviews and Instagram lives speaks to a consciousness of guilt to a certain degree imo.

JMO

Thanks, I read it. Is there a link to anything with an official statement that the camera was rolling?

I’m recalling the director’s testimony Last week that he was looking over someone’s shoulder at the monitor for her camera as AB was moving with the gun when the prop gun went off.

Link to LE statement: Alec Baldwin Shooting: “No One Has Been Ruled Out,” DA Says Of Charges; “No Footage Of The Actual Incident,” Sheriff Says

Regarding the monitor, it still shows the live image of the camera regardless of wether it's rolling or not.

Another link about Joel’s testimony

I’m just reviewing this information for myself. There are a lot of details being related in this trial and want to make sure. I know they said this was an insert shot and they were blocking it. It probably wasn’t filmed, but I’m verifying it for myself.

ETA : The Yahoo article linked above also clarifies that AD David Hall did NOT have to testify in this trial as part of his agreement. I do recall him saying that he wanted to do it for Halyna’s family and for the film industry.
The shooting of HH was not filmed. If it was filmed we would have known about it. We would be hearing about super slo mos showing if AB pulled the trigger.

Last edited:
Something that’s been bugging me —- since when is Alec Baldwin an A-lister? I can’t even remember anything he did since 30 Rock. His most recent work that I can recall are the SNL skits he was doing during the previous White House administration. This movie seems like a vanity project for him. Alec Baldwin in a Western??? It’s so ludicrous. After watching this trial, I think I know why he was charged. I didn’t think he was culpable before but now it seems like he was careless and showing off as the “biggest actor” on this Indy movie. To this Indy crew he must’ve been their God. And I think he had a certain attitude and that’s why he was firing guns willy nilly. The fact that he went on damage control PR interviews and Instagram lives speaks to a consciousness of guilt to a certain degree imo.

JMO
He did some good movies and some movies with high profile actors (Meryl Streep) and directors (Woody Allen). The Departed. Blue Jasmine. It's Complicated. Glengarry Glen Ross. But that was awhile ago. I assume he was doing Rust for the money. JMO.

He did some good movies and some movies with high profile actors (Meryl Streep) and directors (Woody Allen). The Departed. Blue Jasmine. It's Complicated. Glengarry Glen Ross. But that was awhile ago. I assume he was doing Rust for the money. JMO.
Doing an Indy Western for the money? Hm. Doubtful imo. <modsnip - AB's family is off limits> So I imagine he does need money and can’t get continuous good paying work these days. His drive by interview with paparazzi on the side of the road after this incident is one of the most bizarre things I’ve seen in a long while. I understand why New Mexico said Not On Our Watch! JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Link to LE statement: Alec Baldwin Shooting: “No One Has Been Ruled Out,” DA Says Of Charges; “No Footage Of The Actual Incident,” Sheriff Says

Regarding the monitor, it still shows the live image of the camera regardless of wether it's rolling or not.
Thanks for that. It will be helpful going forward.
JMO, a slight problem for the trial of HGR is that the prosecutor isn't yet tying facts, evidence and events together in a cohesive way. Not providing enough background or context as they take witnesses through questioning.

Doing an Indy Western for the money? Hm. Doubtful imo. <modsnip - AB's family is off limits>. So I imagine he does need money and can’t get continuous good paying work these days. His drive by interview with paparazzi on the side of the road after this incident is one of the most bizarre things I’ve seen in a long while. I understand why New Mexico said Not On Our Watch! JMO
I do think it was a quickie for the money. But that’s just a guess. He was a producer too I believe. <modsnip - AB's family is off limits>

In a new report from The Hollywood Reporterstar/producer Alec Baldwin, who shot and killed cinematographer Halyna Hutchins and wounded director Joel Souza on the New Mexico set, was going to earn $150,000 as the lead and another $100,000 as a producer through his company, El Dorado Productions, according to a preliminary budget dated Sept. 8, 2021.

The independent drama was allegedly going to cost a total of $7,279,305 and just $7,913 was armorer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed's fee plus another $7,469 for "armorer crew."

That seems like peanuts for someone like him. He must really be hurting financially to take this on. He’s no A-lister now that’s for sure.

Snipped.

This is false. I don't know if DH is straight out lying or if he's playing semantic games, but he was absolutely required to testify as a part of this plea deal.

1709566185681.png

Then he tried to wriggle out of it and the state had to chase him down with a subpoena.

1709566260902.png

Both of these statements are from a prosecution filing, available here: https://api.realfile.rtsclients.com/PublicFiles/f176abc1e5724236a069e99a176a74d5/34fbfc43-6bb6-4b23-9a33-97a37104152e/Dec 4, 2023 State's Response to Motion to Seal Certain Pleadings and Documents.pdf

If you read the filing, you'll see there's a lot more too, like him not appearing at depositions even after he was subpoenaed.

Despite his demeanor on the stand, he's been squirrelly and not very truthful throughout this whole thing, IMO.

I think if HGR had a better lawyer, he would have been more forceful with DH and some of the other witnesses who have been less than honest about their own roles in the shooting.

Snipped.

This is false. I don't know if DH is straight out lying or if he's playing semantic games, but he was absolutely required to testify as a part of this plea deal.

View attachment 487952

Then he tried to wriggle out of it and the state had to chase him down with a subpoena.

View attachment 487954

Both of these statements are from a prosecution filing, available here: https://api.realfile.rtsclients.com/PublicFiles/f176abc1e5724236a069e99a176a74d5/34fbfc43-6bb6-4b23-9a33-97a37104152e/Dec 4, 2023 State's Response to Motion to Seal Certain Pleadings and Documents.pdf

If you read the filing, you'll see there's a lot more too, like him not appearing at depositions even after he was subpoenaed.

Despite his demeanor on the stand, he's been squirrelly and not very truthful throughout this whole thing, IMO.

I think if HGR had a better lawyer, he would have been more forceful with DH and some of the other witnesses who have been less than honest about their own roles in the shooting.
Interesting. Thanks. Sometimes defense attorneys are prone to exaggeration, but there's probably truth to this. I'll have to read up.

Snipped.

View attachment 487952

View attachment 487954

<modsnip - no link to approved source> Is his reluctance perhaps because he’s uncomfortable throwing her under the bus? I guess I’m trying to figure out what his motivations are. He already accepted responsibility and took a plea. And he’s out of the industry. To my mind that leaves not wanting to get HGR in trouble/put in prison. JMO

<modsnip> Is his reluctance perhaps because he’s uncomfortable throwing her under the bus? I guess I’m trying to figure out what his motivations are. He already accepted responsibility and took a plea. And he’s out of the industry. To my mind that leaves not wanting to get HGR in trouble/put in prison. JMO
JMO, he may have been acting on his attorneys instructions. HGR's defense attorneys may have been trying to do something that his attorneys didn't like.

DH: Baldwin entered church, took position on pewHGR appeared on left hand side and said lets’ do gun checkShe showed drum, rotated cylinder, “it was empty.”Checked barrelReferred to it as cold gunHGR handed gun to Baldwin - (contradiction to past witness testimony)

KM: Did you direct or ask anyone to put dummies in the gun?DH: I did notDH confirms his probation ended in October and he's not under subpoena.

@DanaGriffinNBC
Erm, doesn't this conflict with everything we've been told? I thought it was pretty much established fact that HR put dummies - or what she believed to be dummies - in the gun?

Yet we now have DH saying that it was empty?

Am I missing something here?

This drug/cocaine testimony is troublesome to me. I don’t know why the state wants this in. They argued she was hiding evidence by asking this witness to take the baggie of presumed cocaine. Presumably, hiding the fact that she was using while working. It’s so prejudicial and they’ve already proven their case. This feels so unnecessary. JMO

Wrangler and stunt guy is not a good witness for the state. He is hesitant and seems like he was led into giving these observations during pre-trial interviews and now doesn’t want to make them in open court. He needs his memory refreshed quite a bit.

He says HGR was checking the pistols with the cylinder closed, which means she couldn’t see through the barrel to make sure it was clear. She’s supposed to open the cylinder to do a proper check, according to him. And she left guns laying around on the prop cart for an hour or more at a time.

JMO
This guy doesn't know what he's talking about. You can't "open" the cylinder of a SAA. It doesn't swing out like a Smith and Wesson, for instance.

In regards to this case, I don't think it really matters. She still had to be the one that loaded the rounds into the gun without verifying they were dummies.
I agree. It's largely irrelevant where the live rounds came from. If they weren't checked before they went into the gun then that's on someone.

The only relevance as to where they came from, in my opinion, is if they were put there intentionally to cause harm and I don't think anyone is seriously suggesting that. And, even if they were, it still doesn't absolve someone who was supposed to check them.

DAY 9 of the "Rust" manslaughter trial of armorer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed is about to get started.The prosecution is expected to rest by the end of the day.

WITNESS 29: Karen Kuehn, Rust film set photographer.One photo shows HGR holding Baldwin's gun belt.One primer is silver, quite different that the others (that round was later determined to be a live round and was in Baldwin's belt 6 days before the deadly shooting.

Prosecution has recalled witness 3: Marissa Poppell, Santa Fe Sheriff’s Office Crime Scene Tech.Going over live ammo found at PDQ Props.Prosecution showing that the live ammo on set does not match live rounds that were found at ammo supplier.

Defense points out that the PDQ Props search warrant was conducted a month after shooting, so they don’t know what could have happened to potential evidence within that month.

Defense showing cluttered items at PDQ Props (ammo supplier).Bowles: Any inventory system to catalog where things were?MP: “That I do not know.”Defense painting supplier as disorganized - to sow doubt that live rounds could have come from supplier.

REDIRECT: MP says not all rounds were taken into evidence from PDQ Props because they were not .45 live rounds.

WITNESS 30: Rebecca Smith, Rust Key Craft ServicesThe evening of Oct. 21, 2021, RS went to HGR’s hotel room to comfort her.RS: “She asked me if I could hold onto something for her.”RS agreed and HGR allegedly handed her a baggie of cocaine.

RS says she threw the baggie of powder away in a hallway trashcan after leaving HGR's room.

Court taking morning break.

Next is WITNESS 31: Seth Kenney, PDQ Props owner, ammo supplier for RustKenney has been at the center of blame by the defense for being the source of the live rounds on set. The prosecution says the live rounds found, did not match his supply

@DanaGriffinNBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members