Halyna Hutchins Shot With Prop Gun - Alec Baldwin indicted & Hannah Gutierrez-Reed charged, 2021 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven’t been watching the trial since before lunch. But one thought I had regarding Zachry and Kenny allegedly ganging up on HGR —- I think their disdain for her is completely understandable. She’s a nepo baby and hire. She was seemingly arrogant and didn’t want to follow orders. I think most people would relate to their negativity towards her. She also called Zachry a C U Next Tuesday. She wasn’t exactly a nice person by all accounts so far. Also, it was her responsibility to handle the firearms, and it’s understandable that they all feel like she’s responsible/guilty.

JMO

I gather there was also some bad blood because of the previous accidental discharge by Sarah. Here's a text exchange about it between SK and HGR:

1709331691873.png

BTW, do we know what the previous relationship was between SK and Sarah Zachry? As I understand it he was the one who recommended her to be the props master.

WITNESS 28: Cherylyn Schafer, Certified Medic
CS agrees that HGR would sometimes provide weapons to actors without conducting safety check.

CS describes how HGR would dump ammo from boxes into her fanny pack - mixing different rounds.CS agrees HGR would not take time to check each round individually.

@DanaGriffinNBC

Last edited:
I gather there was also some bad blood because of the previous accidental discharge by Sarah. Here's a text exchange about it between SK and HGR:

View attachment 487345

BTW, do we know what the previous relationship was between SK and Sarah Zachry? As I understand it he was the one who recommended her to be the props master.
Whoaaaaa!!! I can’t imagine at 24 speaking to a mentor in this way! This is way outta line. She completely misinterprets what he’s saying. Intentionally imo. I know exactly this personality type. Immature and high conflict. They are difficult to work with to say the least. JMO

Whoaaaaa!!! I can’t imagine at 24 speaking to a mentor in this way! This is way outta line. She completely misinterprets what he’s saying. Intentionally imo. I know exactly this personality type. Immature and high conflict. They are difficult to work with to say the least. JMO
I don't think either one looks good in that exchange. She's being rude of course. But he's basically telling her to hide a serious issue from the producers.

I don't think it has any direct bearing on the Halyna's shooting. However, I do wonder why he was so involved in this on-set dispute when he was just renting out movie props.

She definitely came off as a peer in that text exchange. It’s also not about being a rat like she thinks. When you are in a work environment, you follow the rules, whatever they are. If a discharge is to be reported, it’s about getting it reported. If you feel it’s tattling, ask the person involved to report it. We are talking about weapons. The entire set was an accident waiting to happen. I believe the camera crew walked because of the hotel arrangements. But there were plenty of people on set who knew that gun safety was being ignored.

Yes and wouldn’t you think at the very least he would have to consider the possibility that it was a real bullet? And yet in his interview that day he was insistant that it had to be wadding or something because a 45 bullet would have done more damage than kill one person and go through her and injure another. He held that position until they either told him it was a bullet or showed him a photo of the x-ray - I can’t remember which.
As I listened to him yesterday, I heard him say that - he couldn't believe it was an actual bullet until they showed him the xray. I write that off 100% to the trauma of the incident.

When something highly unusual and life threatening happens to you in your normal, everyday world, it does temporarily interfere with your brain, your ability to think reasonably. It's temporary, but often includes denial of the reality of what just happened. As your thought processes gradually return to normal. After the docs showed him the xray, he was able to go back and recall those details about the cartridge and interpret them logically.

I've noticed similar responses from the other witnesses who testified this week. They can recall most of the details, even when its emotionally difficult. But now and then you'll see someone hesitate as they start to remember a really traumatic part of the incident.

Dave Hall had textbook responses in his recall, for someone who was a couple of years past the trauma. The day of and days after, he was probably spaced out, not talking much, numb.

JMO

She definitely came off as a peer in that text exchange. It’s also not about being a rat like she thinks. When you are in a work environment, you follow the rules, whatever they are. If a discharge is to be reported, it’s about getting it reported. If you feel it’s tattling, ask the person involved to report it. We are talking about weapons. The entire set was an accident waiting to happen. I believe the camera crew walked because of the hotel arrangements. But there were plenty of people on set who knew that gun safety was being ignored.
I believe Zachry said she reported it herself and apologized. I’m not sure what he meant about whether HGR is going to tell production. I didn’t interpret anything he said as asking her to cover anything up. He trained Zachry to be an assistant armorer so I think that could be why HGR is complaining to him about Zachry’s accidental discharge. I interpret him as saying don’t blow this out of proportion- accidents happen. And encouraging her to get along with Zachry. This seems like typical collegial discussion to me except HGR is being highly defensive. JMO

Going back and catching up. I’m at the Script Supervisor testimony and wow! She’s not holding anything back. She seems disgusted with HGR. Called her inexperienced, unprofessional and disorganized. Basically everything we’re saying here….

As I listened to him yesterday, I heard him say that - he couldn't believe it was an actual bullet until they showed him the xray. I write that off 100% to the trauma of the incident.

When something highly unusual and life threatening happens to you in your normal, everyday world, it does temporarily interfere with your brain, your ability to think reasonably. It's temporary, but often includes denial of the reality of what just happened. As your thought processes gradually return to normal. After the docs showed him the xray, he was able to go back and recall those details about the cartridge and interpret them logically.

I've noticed similar responses from the other witnesses who testified this week. They can recall most of the details, even when its emotionally difficult. But now and then you'll see someone hesitate as they start to remember a really traumatic part of the incident.

Dave Hall had textbook responses in his recall, for someone who was a couple of years past the trauma. The day of and days after, he was probably spaced out, not talking much, numb.

JMO
So do you think that DH was accurate in his testimony on the stand that he did NOT hand AB the gun? And erred in his statement the day of the shooting when he said that he was the one who handed the gun to AB?

So do you think that DH was accurate in his testimony on the stand that he did NOT hand AB the gun? And erred in his statement the day of the shooting when he said that he was the one who handed the gun to AB?
I don’t believe him. I think he stated “cold gun” after taking the gun from HGR and handed it to AB. MOO. Further, I think HGR had loaded the gun with a combination of dummies and a live round that she never shook or in any way checked. She made an assumption that killed Halyna.

And her RBF (Countenance) reflects and supports all the negative comments here.

She is sinking her own ship. I wouldn’t want to be around her in any context. She has made a grave mistake and apparently still thinks that she can get away with it.

That text further demonstrates that she is toxic and she has no idea what being professional means.

IDK
Will see what other witnesses say.

The defense never impeached him with a prior inconsistent statement on this issue. The inconsistency that was discussed during DH’s testimony is in regards to AB’s statement. AB unequivocally states in his LE interview the day of the incident that HGR handed him the gun. And then changes it in subsequent interviews saying DH handed him the gun. JMO

The defense never impeached him with a prior inconsistent statement on this issue. The inconsistency that was discussed during DH’s testimony is in regards to AB’s statement. AB unequivocally states in his LE interview the day of the incident that HGR handed him the gun. And then changes it in subsequent interviews saying DH handed him the gun. JMO

That, too, might be due to the trauma and confusion of the moment or episode. JMO, both the unexpected, extremely loud sound of the gunshot in close quarters combined with seeing co-workers gravely injured, bleeding, etc. caused perception and memories to fragment.

Trauma can shutdown episodic memory and fragment the sequence of events. The hippocampus is responsible for creating and recalling episodic memory. Trauma can prevent information (like words, images, sounds, etc.) from differ- ent parts of the brain from combining to make a semantic memory.

The illustration at the link above really helps explain all the different ways a traumatic event affects different types of memory. The reason I'm focused on this is because I recently experienced a similar event, though no one was injured or killed.

Last edited:
Reactions: IDK
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members