Halyna Hutchins Shot With Prop Gun - Alec Baldwin indicted & Hannah Gutierrez-Reed charged, 2021 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Worse.

Using this trial as a publicity spring board to drum up network interest in a Alec Baldwin Family - Waltons - 8 is Enough - "reality" family TV show staring Alec and the Brady....oops...Baldwin Bunch.

Trial = free publicity

Alec shot and killed a woman and let's get super excited about watching on TV his lush lifestyle, 5 star trips, fancy homes, completely STAGED and FAKE family drama, so on and so on....

One Cent opinion

Truth. Impossibly tone deaf when AB killed the mother of an only child. Personally, I can't really see who is going to watch the show. The Baldwins were not a likeable couple prior to the death of Halyna Hutchins. And does anyone want to see how "impossible" it is to manage seven children, when you have around the clock nannies, cooks, and housekeepers?

Baldwin trial will proceed.

A judge has denied a last-ditch effort by Alec Baldwin to dismiss the involuntary manslaughter charge against him in the fatal shooting on the set of his film Rust.

The move comes two weeks before the actor is set to stand trial in New Mexico for the 2021 shooting that left the film's cinematographer Halyna Hutchins, 42, dead.

New Mexico District Court Judge Mary Marlowe Sommer denied Baldwin's bid to have the charge dismissed, saying it must be resolved at trial.

The proceedings are due to begin on 9 July with jury selection.

Meanwhile...

Attorneys for Hannah Gutierrez Reed, the armorer of the film “Rust” who was sentenced in connection with the 2021 fatal on-set shooting, said in a Thursday court filing that prosecutors withheld evidence that would have favored the defendant during her manslaughter trial and requested she be released from prison, Reuters reported.

Meanwhile...

Attorneys for Hannah Gutierrez Reed, the armorer of the film “Rust” who was sentenced in connection with the 2021 fatal on-set shooting, said in a Thursday court filing that prosecutors withheld evidence that would have favored the defendant during her manslaughter trial and requested she be released from prison, Reuters reported.
From the article;

According to the fling obtained by Reuters, prosecutors had a report from their own weapons experts that the gun used on “Rust” set had “unexplained toolmarks on critical surfaces of the trigger and sear.” That is evidence that the gun could have accidentally fired and could have led to her not being found guilty in the case, Gutierrez’s attorney Jason Bowles said, according to Reuters.

Utter garbage, in my very humble opinion! A few "toolmarks" anywhere are not going to make a gun fire. If they can show that the sear faces of the sears on the hammer and trigger had very significant alteration or damage then they may have a point. If that were the case, however, they'd be shouting about it from the roof tops but they aren't.

As has been done at length on here, and pretty much all over the internet, this gun has several safety mechanisms built into it, all of which would have to fail in order to make it fire. You can't override all of those without it being glaringly obvious.

On top of that, how come this was never mentioned in the FBI report or the second independent examination of the revolver and its parts?

And on top of all of that - how does this exonerate her in any way whatsoever? She still loaded a live round into the gun! And to compound that even further - she is now saying that she loaded a live round into a gun that she wasn't competent/diligent enough to spot such a major flaw in, or was negligent in checking!

And (apology for so many "and's"), there is ample filmed evidence of this very revolver being used in multiple scenes where AB fires it repeatedly and it performs absolutely flawlessly! Now she's claiming that it go off on its own? Ridiculous!

This was basically a brand new revolver which was in perfect working order.

Oh god! Defense for both cases seem obsessed with the gun. They think it’s their get outta jail free card. This all sounds like much ado about nothing.

Judge has denied Baldwin’s MTD so we’re going to trial! Buckle up because based on what I’ve seen of Morrissey she’s HEATED! She was throwing blows at Spiro left and right at the last hearing. He’s shook up! The female co-prosecutor also seems to know her stuff. I think she’s gonna be the expert on the law while Morrissey badgers defense. lol

JMO

Producers of the western movie “Rust” may have to forgo a robust economic incentive as they try to sell the film to distributors and fulfill financial obligations to the immediate family of a cinematographer who was fatally shot by Alec Baldwin during rehearsal in 2021.

New Mexico tax authorities denied an application this spring by Rust Movie Productions for incentives worth as much as $1.6 million, according to documents obtained by The Associated Press. A late July deadline for producers to appeal the decision is approaching.
Melina Spadone, an attorney representing the production company, said the film production tax incentive was going to be used to finance a legal settlement between producers and Hutchins’ widower and son.
Terms of the settlement are confidential, but producers say finishing the film was meant to honor Hutchins’ artistic vision and generate money for her young son.

Court documents indicate that settlement payments are up to a year late, as attorneys for Hutchins’ widower determine “next steps” that include whether to resume wrongful death litigation or initiate new claims. Legal representatives for Matthew Hutchins did not respond to telephone and email messages seeking comment.
Documents obtained by AP show the New Mexico Film Office issued a memo in January to “Rust” that approved eligibility to apply for the tax incentive, in a process that involves accounting ledgers, vetting against outstanding debts and an on-screen closing credit to New Mexico as a filming location. Taxation officials have final say on whether expenses are eligible.

Spadone, the attorney for “Rust,” said the denial of the application is “surprising” and could disrupt confidence in the tax program with a chilling effect on rebate-backed loans that propel the local film industry.

Alec Baldwin Wanted to Ride a Horse, but ‘Rust’ Safety Adviser Said No: ‘There Was a Bit of Yelling’​

Wed, July 3, 2024 at 12:00 PM EDT

AB Mounting, Dismounting Horse?

Alec Baldwin Wanted to Ride a Horse, but ‘Rust’ Safety Adviser Said No: ‘There Was a Bit of Yelling’​

Wed, July 3, 2024 at 12:00 PM EDT
@Cool Cat Thanks :) for your post w link.

Per safety officer/consultant Jordan on another set, talking about AB:
".... a little bit of yelling at times, insisting he could do certain things that everyone else felt he couldn’t do."

"Jordan said that Baldwin required THREE OR FOUR PEOPLE TO HELP him mount and dismount the horse, but that once astride it, he wanted to ride fast over uneven terrain." (< my CAPS)

"Baldwin has said that he has a bad hip, which makes it hard to get on a horse."

Getting old can be rough. imo

From the article;

According to the fling obtained by Reuters, prosecutors had a report from their own weapons experts that the gun used on “Rust” set had “unexplained toolmarks on critical surfaces of the trigger and sear.” That is evidence that the gun could have accidentally fired and could have led to her not being found guilty in the case, Gutierrez’s attorney Jason Bowles said, according to Reuters.

Utter garbage, in my very humble opinion! A few "toolmarks" anywhere are not going to make a gun fire. If they can show that the sear faces of the sears on the hammer and trigger had very significant alteration or damage then they may have a point. If that were the case, however, they'd be shouting about it from the roof tops but they aren't.

As has been done at length on here, and pretty much all over the internet, this gun has several safety mechanisms built into it, all of which would have to fail in order to make it fire. You can't override all of those without it being glaringly obvious.

On top of that, how come this was never mentioned in the FBI report or the second independent examination of the revolver and its parts?

And on top of all of that - how does this exonerate her in any way whatsoever? She still loaded a live round into the gun! And to compound that even further - she is now saying that she loaded a live round into a gun that she wasn't competent/diligent enough to spot such a major flaw in, or was negligent in checking!

And (apology for so many "and's"), there is ample filmed evidence of this very revolver being used in multiple scenes where AB fires it repeatedly and it performs absolutely flawlessly! Now she's claiming that it go off on its own? Ridiculous!

This was basically a brand new revolver which was in perfect working order.
and......I agree totally!

July 8, 2024 AP / Associated Press article by Morgan Lee entitled ‘Judge decides Alec Baldwin’s role as co-producer not relevant to trial over fatal 2021 set shooting’:

I would defer to lawyers and legal scholars as to the significance of this ruling. MOO

July 8, 2024 AP / Associated Press article by Morgan Lee entitled ‘Judge decides Alec Baldwin’s role as co-producer not relevant to trial over fatal 2021 set shooting’:

I would defer to lawyers and legal scholars as to the significance of this ruling. MOO

That is AB's "Get Out of Jail" card. Now, he is just an actor, doing what he was told. May as well drop the trial, I don't see any liability here now for AB.

IANAL but I believe Alec Baldwin’s role as a producer and his culpability as a result is a civil matter not criminal. I think it’s the right call by the judge to exclude that type of argument. It will confuse the issue. Morrissey wants to go at him with everything she can but he’s already being sued and paying millions for his culpability as a producer. She can get him as an A list actor and his arrogant recklessness. Judge was fair to both sides today. She was stern with everyone. She also said that they have to ask to approach for all objections. Based on the bad behavior (speaking objections) at the 1st half of the last trial my guess is her colleagues have advised Judge Marlowe she needs to lay down the law before this turns into a circus.

Based on what I saw today defense is well-behaved. They are not going to mess with this judge and can’t afford to be arrogant defending a celebrity. Morrissey on the other hand!! She’s a pistol! lol. She’s putting on a fantastic performance. I love watching her. I get giddy when she comes up to the lectern and she never disappoints. Haha! JMO

That is AB's "Get Out of Jail" card. Now, he is just an actor, doing what he was told. May as well drop the trial, I don't see any liability here now for AB.
How on earth is that a free pass for him?

He completely ignored the entirety of the SAG protocol on safe firearms use including doing the exact opposite of what it says in parts - such as not pointing guns at people!

Ignoring well established, mandatory safety rules is the very definition of negligent.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli
Back