Halyna Hutchins Shot With Prop Gun - Alec Baldwin indicted & Hannah Gutierrez-Reed charged, 2021 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I dont know if any of you are watching Law and crime , but what in all heck is this Gloria Allred person doing?
It really looked like boxed wine and fading dreams to me this morning.

It will be difficult for the jury to find him guilty on this charge. The prosecution will have to prove that Baldwin deliberately handled the gun in a way that he knew would kill / wound the victims. He had just been told the gun was "cold" or empty. He was following the instructions of the AD and cinematographer to hold the gun in a certain way, move it, etc. to view the shot.
Not checking it is something which every reasonable person knows might kill someone. It doesn't need to be that he knew he would kill someone, just foresee that he might.

Also, there are doubts as to whether HH directed him to point it at her - even if she did it's still something he knows may kill her.

There are similar doubts as to what he was told about it being "cold"

Judge Mary Marlowe Sommer also asked the possible jurors if they were familiar with the case. Everyone except for two people raised their hands to signify they were. Two others were excused after they said they would not be able to be fair and impartial.

“I have read about the case and would be very biased against Mr. Baldwin," one person in the jury pool said.
Baldwin's attorney, Alex Spiro, asked prospective jurors about gun safety and if they would rely on experts to ensure safety and not themselves alone. "Let's say you took your car to a mechanic. And you don't know anything about cars. And the mechanic told you it's safe. You'd believe him, wouldn't you?" he asked one person.

"Everyone knows you should check a gun before you fire it, whether it's real or a toy," one prospective male juror responded.

Judge Mary Marlowe Sommer also asked the possible jurors if they were familiar with the case. Everyone except for two people raised their hands to signify they were. Two others were excused after they said they would not be able to be fair and impartial.

“I have read about the case and would be very biased against Mr. Baldwin," one person in the jury pool said.
Baldwin's attorney, Alex Spiro, asked prospective jurors about gun safety and if they would rely on experts to ensure safety and not themselves alone. "Let's say you took your car to a mechanic. And you don't know anything about cars. And the mechanic told you it's safe. You'd believe him, wouldn't you?" he asked one person.

"Everyone knows you should check a gun before you fire it, whether it's real or a toy," one prospective male juror responded.
Well, things are not looking good for AB with those responses.

I think his lawyer's example is ridiculous and not remotely comparable to using firearm. The two are totally different. I don't really see what he was getting at with that one. The juror is totally correct and I think that his opinion is one which will be widely held, tbh.

I'm sure some people say things like this to get out of jury duty. MOO

I don’t like this halting speaking manner from Spiro. He’s gotten less argumentative after the state objected. Much better now but he switches to this halting speech pattern periodically. I wonder if Alec wrote some parts of this or if he’s just that lazy and didn’t prepare a good statement. It’s like he’s speaking in bullet points. JMO

Defense opening is argumentative and ridiculous. Seems to be glamorizing the movie making business and promoting Rust instead of talking about the facts. Finally State objects! JMO
It was certainly ridiculous. What a load of rambling rubbish. Loads of it simply wasn't relevant at all.

What I'm seeing in this part of the video is a group of shocked people who are sitting or standing around, trying to figure out what happened. There isn't any evidence these people were trying to "cover up" anything. They were doing what LE asked them to do.

Why is the P objecting to the D confirming with the witness that AB was shocked, told him he was the one holding the gun, asked how he could cooperate. Inquired about the 2 victims, how they were doing. The state didn't ask that question of the witness.

Dispatch told LE that it was reported as an accidental discharge shooting. When this witness testified today, he didn't refer to it as an accident. Every other time, he's referred to it as an accident.

JMO, it's bizarre that they're pretending it was anything other than an accident.

This attorney is very, very good. Made the witness verify that AB has never been arrested for anything related to this tragic event.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
electricalbee651
Back