Halyna Hutchins Shot With Prop Gun - Alec Baldwin indicted & Hannah Gutierrez-Reed charged, 2021 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is what I am wondering. The SAG rules I found regarding firearm safety don't say that an actor is supposed to check the gun and the SAG has come out defending Baldwin on this.

Well, there are plenty of other rules that he appears to have ignored (such as pointing a gun directly at someone - the rules of gun ownership are in the SAG and Actors Equity rules, one way or another).

SAG rules do say: Guns should never be pointed at any individual on a filmset during rehearsals or actual filming

I think he broke that rule.

That's an analysis of the SAG rules and whether they need to be improved.

It mentions the Hutchins case.

there is no union requirement for an actor to check a prop gun once it has been handed/cleared by the armourer on set.

I don't think SAG has their own special rules, but they do refer to the CSATF recommendations in its Safety Bulletin 1.

It doesn't say an actor has to check a gun themselves, but it does say you should never point a gun at anybody and you should never put your finger on the trigger until you need to pull it. moo

Well, there are plenty of other rules that he appears to have ignored (such as pointing a gun directly at someone - the rules of gun ownership are in the SAG and Actors Equity rules, one way or another).

SAG rules do say: Guns should never be pointed at any individual on a filmset during rehearsals or actual filming

I think he broke that rule.

That's an analysis of the SAG rules and whether they need to be improved.

It mentions the Hutchins case.
The rule I saw said the actor should "refrain" from pointing the gun at someone unless necessary on camera, in which case it is discussed with the prop manager and others.

Thank you for this as I was unable to view testimony this morning. And yet IIUC the judge had ruled earlier that several aspects of AB role in the production of this film were out of scope? SMH. MOO
The defense atty was focused on the actor’s role not the producer role. They know to stay away from AB the producer argument because they don’t want to open the door. JMO

AB has never looked “devastated” since Monday. Or since the shooting itself. He’s busy being defiant and playing victim. He’s remorseless - that much is clear. He has claimed he never pulled the trigger, to add insult to injury. Today was a slow start perhaps because I watched HGR’s trial it’s taken some of the punch out of the case for me.

I think the defense is using the spaghetti on the wall strategy. They haven’t decided on a specific defense. It will look desperate as the trial continues.

JMO

But it wasn't an accident, someone put a real bullet into that gun and it was fired and it killed someone
Are you saying HG deliberately put a live round in the prop gun?
The defense atty was focused on the actor’s role not the producer role. They know to stay away from AB the producer argument because they don’t want to open the door. JMO

The co producer door can't be opened. The judge already ruled that it was irrelevant.

I also thought it was interesting, as the defense pointed out, AB wasn't arrested that day or at any time after.

The co producer door can't be opened. The judge already ruled that it was irrelevant.

I also thought it was interesting, as the defense pointed out, AB wasn't arrested that day or at any time after.
No I’d say I’m more I guess arguing the definition of accident. Accident to me is a situation that results because of no fault of any persons and like I wrote before a reasonable person reasonably doing an action/job/whatever, and could not maybe not be expected an incident to happen.

HG letting people use real bullets in a prop gun and then also leaving real bullets out to be put into the prop gun to me at least isn’t an accident, whether she did or did not intentionally leave the bullets out and or put them in the gun

I didn’t watch the full Hannah trial- bits and pieces. Was she arrested later that day or did it take time?

His wife and brother Stephen are in court.

View attachment 516718

Hilaria, the "Dutiful Wife" look. Probably filmed this morning, prior to going to court, with the "Balwinitos" for the upcoming reality show. I wonder if the show will have interspersed segments of the trial.

MOO, is that the defense will work on wording of jury instructions, and pulling apart the law here, bit by bit, so that AB did not appear negligent (that was HG, of course). AB just followed directions. Like any other actor.

Last edited:
Hilaria, the "Dutiful Wife" look. Probably filmed this morning, prior to going to court, with the "Balwinitos" for the upcoming reality show. I wonder if the show will have interspersed segments of the trial.

MOO, is that the defense will work on wording of jury instructions, and pulling apart the law here, bit by bit, so that AB did not appear negligent (that was HG, of course). AB just followed directions. Like any other actor.

Baldwinitos….ROFLOL

Paragraph 2. I think you are right. Of course he did nothing wrong. :rolleyes:

MOO

Neither was HGR or Dave Halls but they were both charged. One took a plea deal and one is now in a cell. Arrests mean nothing.

Also remember that he's charged with doing something negligently rather than something pre-planned or that he chose to do. Contrary to what his defence is making out, he wouldn't be expected to behave like a guilty person as at that point he didn't realise that he may have done something wrong.

Last edited:
No I’d say I’m more I guess arguing the definition of accident. Accident to me is a situation that results because of no fault of any persons and like I wrote before a reasonable person reasonably doing an action/job/whatever, and could not maybe not be expected an incident to happen.

HG letting people use real bullets in a prop gun and then also leaving real bullets out to be put into the prop gun to me at least isn’t an accident, whether she did or did not intentionally leave the bullets out and or put them in the gun
There has never been any evidence what-so-ever that she, or anyone else, used live rounds on the set. There was an early rumour that they were playing with guns and shooting at cans in their downtime but there was never any evidence for that. The police never had any cause to investigate that as far as I recall.

No one has ever come up with a plausible explanation as to where the live rounds came from, as far as I am aware.

Well, AB's legal team is definitely top tier.

Well, I think he should be getting a refund for the time spent on the opening because it was pitiful, quite honestly!

I get the impression that they don't really know how to defend this one.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pitbladdo
Back