Halyna Hutchins Shot With Prop Gun - Alec Baldwin indicted & Hannah Gutierrez-Reed charged, 2021 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is what I am wondering. The SAG rules I found regarding firearm safety don't say that an actor is supposed to check the gun and the SAG has come out defending Baldwin on this.

Well, there are plenty of other rules that he appears to have ignored (such as pointing a gun directly at someone - the rules of gun ownership are in the SAG and Actors Equity rules, one way or another).

SAG rules do say: Guns should never be pointed at any individual on a filmset during rehearsals or actual filming

I think he broke that rule.

That's an analysis of the SAG rules and whether they need to be improved.

It mentions the Hutchins case.

there is no union requirement for an actor to check a prop gun once it has been handed/cleared by the armourer on set.

I don't think SAG has their own special rules, but they do refer to the CSATF recommendations in its Safety Bulletin 1.

It doesn't say an actor has to check a gun themselves, but it does say you should never point a gun at anybody and you should never put your finger on the trigger until you need to pull it. moo

Well, there are plenty of other rules that he appears to have ignored (such as pointing a gun directly at someone - the rules of gun ownership are in the SAG and Actors Equity rules, one way or another).

SAG rules do say: Guns should never be pointed at any individual on a filmset during rehearsals or actual filming

I think he broke that rule.

That's an analysis of the SAG rules and whether they need to be improved.

It mentions the Hutchins case.
The rule I saw said the actor should "refrain" from pointing the gun at someone unless necessary on camera, in which case it is discussed with the prop manager and others.

this case against AB is such a turkey already, it's just a total stinker. mOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darla4
Back