Halyna Hutchins Shot With Prop Gun - Alec Baldwin indicted & Hannah Gutierrez-Reed charged, 2021 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My understanding is that HGR's lawyer knew all about the ammo that Troy Teske was holding. He was originally going to call Teske as a witness, but changed his mind for some reason. Teske didn't want to take the evidence back to Arizona with him, so during HGR's closing arguments he handed the ammo over to the Sheriff's office.

At that point is when the whole cluster-funk occurred. The police and prosecutors decided to not tag it as part of the Rust evidence so the Baldwin legal team didn't have access to it.

I'm not sure how that would be exculpatory for HGR. However, there may be other evidence, like the 3rd Haag report which was mentioned during today's hearing.
No excuse for the cops doing what they did.

But it's very suspicious what Teske did, how he did it, and the timing for what he did. A buddy of Thell's showing up with miracle evidence at the last minute?
I believe that miracle evidence came from Thell, and that's why it would supposedly match the set live ammo, and this was a plan to use this at the end of the HRG trial to create doubt.

No excuse for the cops doing what they did.

But it's very suspicious what Teske did, how he did it, and the timing for what he did. A buddy of Thell's showing up with miracle evidence at the last minute?
I believe that miracle evidence came from Thell, and that's why it would supposedly match the set live ammo, and this was a plan to use this at the end of the HRG trial to create doubt.

Could be, but why would Teske play along? He's a retired cop. What could Thell offer him to make him manufacture evidence?

And, while Morrissey kept saying he was a pal of Thell, in reality he was friends with both Thell Reed and Seth Kenney. In fact, Kenney texts Teske several times to complain about HGR and he calls Teske while he's being interviewed by Hancock. Even if it's true that you like one friend better than the other, that doesn't mean you'd try to frame the other friend in a homicide investigation.

Could be, but why would Teske play along? He's a retired cop. What could Thell offer him to make him manufacture evidence?

And, while Morrissey kept saying he was a pal of Thell, in reality he was friends with both Thell Reed and Seth Kenney. In fact, Kenney texts Teske several times to complain about HGR and he calls Teske while he's being interviewed by Hancock. Even if it's true that you like one friend better than the other, that doesn't mean you'd try to frame the other friend in a homicide investigation.
Seth is a scummy guy who has backstabbed people he's worked with before. He doesn't have a good reputation in the business. But Thell was acting pretty scummy too. And it doesn't take a huge conspiracy, just Thell handing Teske a box of ammo, saying it was originally from Seth, and asking him to help save his daughter from prison and tell the cops he got it from Seth.
I have no proof, it's a theory I have. But I followed this pretty closely and I follow the gun industry pretty closely and I think I'm pretty close to being right.

She's not a career prosecutor. She's a defense lawyer who was hired as a special prosecutor just to litigate the cases against Reed and Baldwin.

I think her mentality as a defense lawyer got in the way of her ethical obligations as an attorney for the state.
Amazing….. wonder what now becomes of the private practice? Never mind, the answer might be apparent.

And who within the state was responsible for bringing this individual aboard to try the case? SMH. MOO

I hate to defend Morrissey even a little bit here because she let down the victim BIG!

I think she got caught up in her arrogance and was careless. She suspected Teske was a bs artist and that’s why she ignored it. She knew he was likely working with Thell to cast doubt upon Seth Kenny to help HGR and she dismissed it arrogantly and put it under a diff case number and forgot about it. She knew the hammer was falling today and panicked, which made her look more deceptive. She clearly doesn’t work well with others and runs roughshod on ppl. Johnson walking out had to have knocked her confidence down. This is a humbling moment for Morrissey at the expense of the victim. Extremely disappointing outcome.

JMO

20 year Army vet and gunsmith. Very experienced with guns. I've taken advanced shooting courses and I've taught know nothing privates and LTs how to shoot and I've run ranges. I am one of the most unforgiving people you will ever meet when it comes to 'accidental' and negligent discharges.

IMO, AB should not have been charged for being the unlucky SOB handed a loaded gun.

Actors are idiots and the nature of their work means they pick up bad habits when handling guns. It's almost required. Armorers and safety measures are to make sure the actors can do unsafe things with guns on camera without hurting or killing anyone. People talk about Keanu Reeves taking advanced shooting courses and Jenson Ackles checking his own gun as a safety measure. And I'm all for that. But an actor checking their own gun should be done under armorer supervision and for the actor's piece of mind only.

Very few actors are Keanu Reeves in John Wicke. Most are Robert Downey Jr in Tropic Thunder screaming about lead farming. That's why it's important to have a good armorer TEAM and enforced safety measures. Rust didn't have that, and I do think Baldwin, and others, had some criminal level responsibility for that happening.

Nobody on that set was going to stop Alec Baldwin from fiddling with his pistol between takes and using it as a pointer. But a decent armorer would have handed him a nonfiring replica and told him to carry that instead. And walked off the job if Baldwin had insisted on a real gun in his holster for non-shooting scenes, after showing a history of unsafe handling. HRG, mainly due to lack of training, inexperience and arrogance, was never going to be that person and the people who hired her knew that.

I saw right thru her, but I've been in the business a very long time.
Do you think she was acting in bad faith to hurt the Baldwin defense etc? I honestly didn’t get that sense. Although she did mislead the court today by saying she had never seen this until today! Spiro called her out on that!

Reactions: IDK
Oh my, now I question when Morrissey was trying to pick up those bullets that were dumped out with the judge and all….without gloves. When it happened and some called out she doesn’t have gloves I thought maybe she was just not thinking, but was she trying to contaminate them?

After all of this, I just don’t know how far she would go.

moo

I also think the lead detective allowed herself to be influenced by Seth Kenny and as did Morrissey probably. Seth Kenny was in their ear telling them Thell is trying to throw him under the bus and Seth was being very cooperative so it’s natural for LE and Morrissey to be influenced. They have never seen a case like this ever! I think this business is cutthroat and both Seth and Thell are shady actors. Not to mention an enabling father doing everything to spring his daughter outta prison!

I think Morrissey’s lack of prosecutorial experience hampered her not to mention her arrogance. Her bulldog attitude might work as a defense atty but you’re supposed to be in a different posture as a prosecutor. Johnson exemplified that posture and walked out!! Enough said. This was a chitshow! Morrissey working alone, tired, overwhelmed and know-it-all….

JMO

Based on this it seems like Hannah will get out of jail and her conviction will be overturned under Brady.
Didn’t someone say that they received this evidence during closing arguments of HRG trial? Can new evidence be brought in once closing arguments have begun? I’m asking - I really don’t know - but if not then it would seem that it would not be a Brady violation for HRG, would it?

Ok, I'm confused. This says that Teske turned in a bullet after HGR was convicted. BBM

"The judge heard a motion to dismiss the case on the grounds of a Brady rule violation Friday morning. The Brady rule requires that prosecutors must disclose to the defense any “material, exculpatory information” that the state/government has in its possession.

In the motion, obtained by KOB 4, the defense alleged prosecutors didn’t turn over at least one bullet that Troy Teske allegedly turned in after the conviction of Hannah Gutierrez-Reed. Teske is a friend of Thell Reed, a famed armorer and the father of Gutierrez-Reed. The defense accuse prosecutors of not properly processing the bullet and that the state is involved in a cover-up."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
a_renee
Back