Halyna Hutchins Shot With Prop Gun - Alec Baldwin indicted & Hannah Gutierrez-Reed charged, 2021 #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Incorrect spelling of her name is bizarre and either denotes sloppy work or she did it constructively !? How can you spell your own name wrong? I was thinking perhaps an admin assistant or typist made this error but those days are over, she will have likely typed up that document herself. Plus, doesn't her device recognise her own name !?

Incorrect spelling of her name is bizarre and either denotes sloppy work or she did it constructively !? How can you spell your own name wrong? I was thinking perhaps an admin assistant or typist made this error but those days are over, she will have likely typed up that document herself. Plus, doesn't her device recognise her own name !?
There were a lot of little typos and other mistakes in the submissions, like putting the wrong cover page on one of the exhibit filings.

It seems like these were done in a great hurry without much proofreading and perhaps without any help from a paralegal.

Misspelling Own Name?
Incorrect spelling of her name is bizarre and either denotes sloppy work or she did it constructively !? How can you spell your own name wrong?....
snipped for focus @Observe_dont_Absorb

Me, I've done it. LOL.
How? Fingers going rogue on keyboard. Or distractions. Stuff happens.

If you read any of her previous ones you can tell she definitely writes them herself - the condescension is unmistakable! I've noticed typos aplenty in her motions and Bowles' - I think they're all hurried affairs. And in the case of Morrissey, she's writing in a very passive aggressive tone anyway. A lot of it is just really improper, almost like she's angrily writing out a long email.

Rust' Judge Refuses To Reopen Alec Baldwin Case Because Prosecutor's Filing Was Too Long​

Fri, September 6, 2024 at 6:00 PM EDT

'Rust' Judge Says Prosecutor's Filing Against Alec Baldwin Was 42 Pages Over The Limit - Judge Says Prosecutor Did Not Have Permission To Write Lengthy Filing​

Earlier this week, a court filing by special prosecutor Kari Morrisey was made public, revealing that she was trying to get the judge to reinstate the involuntary manslaughter charge against Alec Baldwin.

On September 5, Judge Sommer published a denial ruling, shooting down Morrissey’s attempts to bring charges against Baldwin for a third time.

Convicted Rust Armorer Reaches Tentative Plea Deal in Separate Felony Case for Allegedly Bringing Gun to a Bar in Her 'Butt Cheeks'

On Wednesday, Sept. 4, Gutierrez-Reed's legal team indicated in a court filing obtained by PEOPLE that "the State of New Mexico and Defendant have reached a plea agreement." Gutierrez-Reed has agreed to receive 18 months of probation as part of the agreement, her lawyer Jason Bowles says.

Prior to news of the agreement, the First Judicial District Court of New Mexico was expecting to hear arguments from Gutierrez-Reed's legal team on Sept. 5 about dismissing this charge.

According to previous court documents filed by prosecutors on April 12, investigators discovered a video Gutierrez-Reed took after entering a bar in which she allegedly showed a firearm and said she concealed it from security.

“Upon successfully circumventing the security at the bar she went into the restroom and made a selfie video stating, ‘They checked my purse, but they didn’t check my butt cheeks! ‘Wah wah wah,’ ” those court documents asserted. “At the same time that she was speaking, she held up a nickel-plated semi-automatic pistol in front of the camera.”

Rust' Judge Refuses To Reopen Alec Baldwin Case Because Prosecutor's Filing Was Too Long​

Fri, September 6, 2024 at 6:00 PM EDT

'Rust' Judge Says Prosecutor's Filing Against Alec Baldwin Was 42 Pages Over The Limit - Judge Says Prosecutor Did Not Have Permission To Write Lengthy Filing​

Earlier this week, a court filing by special prosecutor Kari Morrisey was made public, revealing that she was trying to get the judge to reinstate the involuntary manslaughter charge against Alec Baldwin.

On September 5, Judge Sommer published a denial ruling, shooting down Morrissey’s attempts to bring charges against Baldwin for a third time.
I think Judge Sommer has just about had it with Morrissey’s antics.

Even if the judge had considered the motion on its merits, it had zero chance. In that ridiculously long filing there was not a single statute or case law cited that would allow the judge to undo her dismissal with prejudice. What was the point?

Something I noticed the other day, I was doing training on active shooter, and drills. We had orange plastic Glock mock up guns, filled with compressed air. And even then, people were very careful to not aim their guns at other people.

Something to think about...I don't know why movie sets need to use real guns, with actual firing pins and mechanisms.

Something I noticed the other day, I was doing training on active shooter, and drills. We had orange plastic Glock mock up guns, filled with compressed air. And even then, people were very careful to not aim their guns at other people.

Something to think about...I don't know why movie sets need to use real guns, with actual firing pins and mechanisms.
There are good reasons, especially for the lower budget productions as making replicas look and perform like the real thing in post production is expensive.

Yes, you can use things like airsoft guns (which a lot of the bigger productions do - I think the John Wick movies use them) but they aren't as reliable and not nearly as durable as real firearms. If films like JW do actually use them I'd guess that they go through crates of them as they'll likely break a lot. Again, it's all cost.

Actors are also trained with real guns and live ammunition off-set. Below is a video of Keanu Reeves shooting real firearms with real ammunition - believe me, he really is exceptionally good at this stuff!

Convicted Rust Armorer Reaches Tentative Plea Deal in Separate Felony Case for Allegedly Bringing Gun to a Bar in Her 'Butt Cheeks'

On Wednesday, Sept. 4, Gutierrez-Reed's legal team indicated in a court filing obtained by PEOPLE that "the State of New Mexico and Defendant have reached a plea agreement." Gutierrez-Reed has agreed to receive 18 months of probation as part of the agreement, her lawyer Jason Bowles says.

Prior to news of the agreement, the First Judicial District Court of New Mexico was expecting to hear arguments from Gutierrez-Reed's legal team on Sept. 5 about dismissing this charge.

According to previous court documents filed by prosecutors on April 12, investigators discovered a video Gutierrez-Reed took after entering a bar in which she allegedly showed a firearm and said she concealed it from security.

“Upon successfully circumventing the security at the bar she went into the restroom and made a selfie video stating, ‘They checked my purse, but they didn’t check my butt cheeks! ‘Wah wah wah,’ ” those court documents asserted. “At the same time that she was speaking, she held up a nickel-plated semi-automatic pistol in front of the camera.”
are u kidding me? something is not right about her...makes me feel like she is guilty of more than just negligence. mOO

are u kidding me? something is not right about her...makes me feel like she is guilty of more than just negligence. mOO
I have mixed feelings about her. She was interviewed on a podcast before all this happened and I got the feeling that she was actually trying to be the responsible, safety conscious armourer; and then I see this absolutely ridiculous behavior of smuggling guns in to prohibited places and I think ...wtaf, dude?...

She was handed too much responsibility far too early in her career and it's all come apart. My personal opinion is that she was struggling to deal with the huge responsibility, wasn't capable of handling it and so ended up going off the rails in a big way.

It's really rather sad.

wait though, handed too much responsibility or irresponsible ? ..this girl knew better than to run a sloppy show on set.

now that we know how the bullets got there, she may be really uninvolved and only guilty of being a mess on her job.
2 different things..but there's just that slightly open window that can be worrisome...just that small chance. mOO

now that we know how the bullets got there, she may be really uninvolved and only guilty of being a mess on her job.
snipped.

I don't think we know this. Alec Baldwin's trial imploded over the DA withholding info about the Teske bullets from the defense. But the notion that the bullets came from Seth Kenney is still just a theory. It's just as likely (perhaps more so) that they came from Thell Reed.

wait though, handed too much responsibility or irresponsible ? ..this girl knew better than to run a sloppy show on set.

2 different things..but there's just that slightly open window that can be worrisome...just that small chance. mOO
It's a bit of both, imo; she wasn't mature enough to properly handle the responsibility she was handed and that led to bad decisions and her messing up.

We can't say for definite where the ammunition came from. AB's case was dismissed because the prosecutor didn't enter those rounds into evidence and, in fact, seemed to be doing everything to not even take possession of them. We can't say with certainty who put them in the gun and distributed them round the set. They may be completely unrelated and no forensic test was done to confirm they were the same as the ones found on the set but the fact that they weren't disclosed means the defence had no opportunity to examine them.

It's a bit of both, imo; she wasn't mature enough to properly handle the responsibility she was handed and that led to bad decisions and her messing up.

We can't say for definite where the ammunition came from. AB's case was dismissed because the prosecutor didn't enter those rounds into evidence and, in fact, seemed to be doing everything to not even take possession of them. We can't say with certainty who put them in the gun and distributed them round the set. They may be completely unrelated and no forensic test was done to confirm they were the same as the ones found on the set but the fact that they weren't disclosed means the defence had no opportunity to examine them.

IIRC the "extra" live rounds found were tested and compared to the cartridge of the live round that killed Halyna. That cartridge was the same as the ones in the green can. If those came from Hannah's father, it was a bad idea on his part.

I want to go back to a time when bad decisions and messing up were called wrongdoing and criminal negligence. I can't give her the unicorn version of her behavior ( bad decisions etc) ..drugs, alcohol and firearms are not a good mix. Kind of like drinking and driving. she got a chance to work on a film with Alec Baldwin and she was just a nepo-baby wild child the whole time. Sneaking a firearm into a bar in her butt crack is bad news and sociopathic behavior. mOO

I want to go back to a time when bad decisions and messing up were called wrongdoing and criminal negligence. I can't give her the unicorn version of her behavior ( bad decisions etc) ..drugs, alcohol and firearms are not a good mix. Kind of like drinking and driving. she got a chance to work on a film with Alec Baldwin and she was just a nepo-baby wild child the whole time. Sneaking a firearm into a bar in her butt crack is bad news and sociopathic behavior. mOO

HG was way over her head with that job. Which is why DH and AB didn't follow any standard protocol with HG as the "Armorer". Because she acted like a stupid kid, so she lost respect from them from the beginning.

I am 1000% sure that if her father had been the Armorer on the set, that Halyna would be alive today. Rules would have been followed. That is the civil liability as a producer that AB is held to..he went cheap, and this was the result.

IIRC the "extra" live rounds found were tested and compared to the cartridge of the live round that killed Halyna. That cartridge was the same as the ones in the green can. If those came from Hannah's father, it was a bad idea on his part.
They weren't. They only showed up as evidence after the trial had started and were taken from their evidence bag and examined by the judge and prosecution and defence in the courtroom. There is no record of them properly forensically examined, as far as I am aware.

It's irrelevant, though. They weren't declared - for reasons we still don't know - so it doesn't make any difference whether they matched the round that was discharged. The defence was given no opportunity to examine them which is inexcusable. Moreover, the manner in which they came to light suggests that they were intentionally withheld by the prosecution which is even worse than inexcusable, imv.

The problematic thing is, though, even if they were proved to have come from the same batch it makes no difference. It was AB's actions which were on trial which are irrelevant to how the gun came to be loaded.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
culley2821
Back