Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I think all tips are useful, in one way or another. Maybe the tip lead nowhere, but after it was investigated it may have eliminated other things too. Just another way of covering the search area and leads, so they were pretty much all useful. MOO

This is what I'm thinking. I think there is a lot more to this location than we are aware of.

Yes. Longo said that yesterday at the press conference. I think they found far more than just the set of remains we know about.

I am guessing they had a lot of tips that sounded significant. I just meant that they didn't have a way of knowing that this particular tip was of significance relative to the others.

I agree, but it seems like buzzards flying around would qualify it as being significant. On the other hand, the tipster said he checked the property so they may have pushed it aside for later with that fact.

The other possibility is, like the doofus who thought JM was a reflection in the video, it's possibly just 100% incompetence. Every office has idiots in it who don't do their job competently.

So does anyone know why there was an announcement that the dogs got an alert on an area that LE planned to dig at if Hannah was laying above ground in a creek bed?

I would think if the creek bed was what the dogs smelled the handlers would have fine tuned the area to search and would have come across the body just laying there.

Why does this case have so many twists, turns, false leads?

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 now5 seconds ago
New police command center location inside Walnut Creek Park in Albemarle County at the beach access. @DeliaDAmbra29
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B0U4u8kCQAAiHzM.jpg

I think there's something mistaken in the Ammonett Branch Creek location, because it simply doesn't make sense that the command post would be set up 1.6 miles away when there is ample room on the acreage near the Ammonett Branch Creek to set up a command post.

Maybe someone should ask Coy Barefoot where he got the information about the body location.

The property is large, and apparently abandoned. There should be plenty of room to put the command post on the property. Also, we know that the command post moved further into the park. I don't understand why the command post for a crime scene search would be moved farther away from the crime scene when there is ample space on the acreage to set up a command post.

This is the location of the command post.

Staging to more than one location?

Myth: Serial killers want to get caught.

Offenders committing a crime for the first time are inexperienced. They gain experience and confidence with each new offense, eventually succeeding with few mistakes or problems.

While most serial killers plan their offenses more thoroughly than other criminals, the learning curve is still very steep. They must select, target, approach, control, and dispose of their victims. The logistics involved in committing a murder and disposing of the body can become very complex, especially when there are multiple sites involved.

As serial killers continue to offend without being captured, they can become empowered, feeling they will never be identified. As the series continues, the killers may begin to take shortcuts when committing their crimes. This often causes the killers to take more chances, leading to identification by law enforcement. It is not that serial killers want to get caught; they feel that they can’t get caught.
http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/serial-murder

Responding to Questions ....

On that same stretch of road (give or take a mile), a woman was killed in an accident by a drunk driver.

That woman's last name is the same name as the owners last name of the some of the property being suggested as being the property the remains were found.

http://www.nbc29.com/story/15656703/woman-injured-in-old-lynchburg-accident-dies

No one is suggesting anything is related. Just saying that dark stretch of road has been in the news before.

Also, RE Decomp rates and the recent weather in our area, I'm southeast of where she was found and in the same climate. I had a female deer die on my land about the time Hannah went missing. smelled it, went to confirm it was animal and not human. Buzzards and other carrion eaters had a field day afterwards apparently because I just went out to look again and it is completely skeletal. So, in theory for the remains to revert to skeletal during that length of time is entirely feasible.

Yes. Longo said that yesterday at the press conference. I think they found far more than just the set of remains we know about.
Evidence in this case, or other bodies? This could surely be a mass grave site...except HG wasn't buried very well, which makes me think he didn't bury his victims well. That makes me doubt bones would go unnoticed for so long. Although AM has only been missing a year...
Could be that the dogs indicated a few areas in this spot bc there are a few bodies. JMO/some thoughts.

Not that it does confirm its her, but Coy put out in his latest article that the body had long black tight pants on. And we've all seen pictures of what Hannah was wearing that night.

It's not confirmation, like I said, but it sure goes a long way to suggest it's her.

Personally, there is no doubt in my mind it's her.

MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone seen an estimate on how long it will take to be sure if this is Hanna?

Welcome Spelly! Thanks for joining and posting.

I am wondering the same thing as they have not confirmed it is Hannah. In one article, it said the remains "could" be Hannah. I just hope they can identify the remains with forensic certainty and return the remains to the family. I am cautiously optimistic it is Hannah, but no matter who it is, hopefully it will help this person's family knowing their loved one was found.

I liked it and wished I owned it. :) I'm stunned at the cost of homes in this area though. Wow!
OT, I am shocked by thw housing prices, too. Especially since the schools in het area are poorly rated. It must be because the homes come with so much fertile land.

Staging to more than one location?

Staging what? There's one command post, and we've heard that one body was found. Police don't have the resources to set up a fake command post. They are searching the area where the body was found, and they set up a mobile command post on the road to the Walnut Creek Park.

Yesterday, the searcher said that they were searching the park, and as they were leaving, they decided to check a neighboring property. Apparently that property is abandoned. The property near the entrance to the park is owned by the country. The body was found in a dry creek bed. There is a creek, perhaps dry, near the road that leads to the park, and it runs behind what may be an abandoned property.

Maybe someone local can ask Coy Barefoot how he confirmed that the property is near Ammonett Branch Creek.

So does anyone know why there was an announcement that the dogs got an alert on an area that LE planned to dig at if Hannah was laying above ground in a creek bed?

I would think if the creek bed was what the dogs smelled the handlers would have fine tuned the area to search and would have come across the body just laying there.

Why does this case have so many twists, turns, false leads?

It's possible that was a separate lead that simply didn't result in any discovery.

The property is large, and apparently abandoned. There should be plenty of room to put the command post on the property. Also, we know that the command post moved further into the park. I don't understand why the command post for a crime scene search would be moved farther away from the crime scene when there is ample space on the acreage to set up a command post.

This is the location of the command post.

I don't understand why you think parking on the property and possibly contaminating the scene is preferable to staging in a safer area. They moved further into the park as not to interfere with people coming to enjoy the park and the Command vehicles being so close to the road were causing some traffic backups.

Ok I am trying to get caught up here but since yesterday these threads are moving too fast. What new information has come out since the press conference announcing they found a body? Am I correct in reading that they found black pants?

I carry a knife and bear mace in my purse or pocket. It's time women fought back. Don't allow anyone who makes you uncomfortable get too close. I have had some scary experiences and I always say "hey mister, you're freaking me out. Back up. I am armed. "
I would rather spray someone with bear mace, which is way more effective on a human than the key chain pepper spray, even if their intentions weren't nefarious, than become a crime victim. I have found that the warning usually works. And if they don't heed your warning, spray them directly in the face, kick them in the kneecap or located area and RUN!

Yep! I was thinking the same thing: bear mace. I go into the backwoods during summer and need it anyway but I am going to start carrying it around. The thing with bear mace is to know your wind direction and practice using it before you need it.

Also activate the alarm on your car. I know many people that keep their car fob close to their bed so if someone breaks in etc, they activate the alarm along with other measures. jmo
This works well too. I had a creepy guy walk by me while gardening. He came back around 30 minutes later and for no reason was heading towards the open gate to the garden where I was by myself. I hit my panic button on my car and it jolted him and he immediately walked away from the gate. Creeped me out big time. I think all women have had a creepy experience at least a few times in their lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove