Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been interesting ... but it's back to the weekly grind for me.

Thanks for the interesting debate ... and

Coy Barefoot was right all along!

It seems to me that a 'Command Center' is just that. A place from which movements are coordinated, where news reporters can gather for press conferences, etc. Where, if searches are involved, as there was with this case, the searchers can gather and be sent out to search.

A Command Center is not a mobile crime scene lab. Why would LE enforcement want reporters and other random people scouring the property that is a crime scene?

I don't share the concern over the location of the Command Center.

I completely agree with your post. It's the reason I've :bump:ed it. I would never suggest how any of the WS members post; via expressing their feelings, opinions or facts.

However, I sometimes get the feeling that the salient issues of the cases I've followed; get lost in discussions that I feel are not an integral nor important issues in a case. Such as where the command center is, was and where it will be in the future.

I type this post with the utmost respect to all of the members here; especially the original member that has discussed this issue at length.

What I do feel now is very, very important; is the manner in which LE investigates, collects evidence, conducts interviews and all of the other procedures and responsibilities that they have, to present this case in a court of law. I expect that some errors will be made as LE are as human as we all are. No investigation is perfect. As I've stated, at this point; the investigation is my main focus.

I'd like to say that my prayers are with the family and friends of Hannah. I cannot imagine how horrific something like this could be. I think that LE has done a superb job; in spite of some very minor bumps that I consider irrelevant. LE worked their buns off to find this precious child. All of the volunteers did as well.

Please pardon my grammar...I'm on a new medication that tends to make me feel a bit fuzzy.

I'm so very sorry that this happened. The horrible evening, when Hannah went missing; the stars aligned (so to speak), to create a perfect situation for an alleged predator to pounce on his prey. A heartbreaking shame...:tears:

New report from C'Ville station. They are saying HG was found in Walnut Park, deep in the woods- they have a map of where the body was found but I need help looking at the pin point of where body was found. Here is the link, 6 minutes or so broadcast.

http://www.whsv.com/home/headlines/Hannah-Graham-Case-Developments-279726932.html

From this link:

"On Sunday, Virginia State Police announce the intensive five week search for 18 year old Hannah Graham is over.

Virginia State Police are now calling the Hannah Graham case, a death investigation after they believe Graham's body was found yesterday in Walnut Creek Park in Southern Albemarle County. This is the same area where community volunteers were scheduled to spend Sunday searching.

It is important to note, forensic tests still need to be conducted to determine the identification of the body. But according to Charlottesville police, the news has already been shared with Grahams family.

Leaders confirm to ABC News the discovery of a skull and bones, as well as a pair of tight-fitting, dark colored pants, similar to the ones Graham was last seen wearing in surveillance video."

It sounds to me, from this article, that they definitely think it is her, jmo.

(O/T, is Barefoot his real last name? I've never heard of that, lol)

It took me a good long while to get over his name and start paying attention to his reports. I assumed it was some silly celebrity name, but then I realized he may be part Native American.

It took me a good long while to get over his name and start paying attention to his reports. I assumed it was some silly celebrity name, but then I realized he may be part Native American.

I thought of this too, but haven't heard this before even as a Native American name...whatever the case, O/T.

maybe they need to do an 8.8 mile search for bodies using JM's previous home as center. JMO

I think they need to send drones in a marked area. They might be finding JM killing fields. and in ways it makes sense to go back to comfortable place. He knew how often it was traveled, and places to get to from here to there.

Just got in. Can someone point me to what LE said regarding the remains?

I just think that the USA is the USA, and your culture is what it is. You have television evangelists and drive-through every things. An extroverted culture.
I would find it extremely freaky if an Australian policeman said that in our media in an interview like that. I can see it being said further down the line in an in depth heart-to-heart interview on a talk show, but it did stun me when he said it so openly and easily.

OK, I see. Thank you. I interpreted your comment differently.

Just for clarification, I live in Southern California and despite our well-documented car culture, we don't really have drive-through everythings. Drive-through fast food and coffee joints, sure. Dry cleaners. That's all I can think of. There used to be drive-through liquor stores in Texas (maybe still are) and AFAIK there are still drive-through wedding chapels in Las Vegas, but Las Vegas is a world unto itself and not at all representative of the rest of the country.

As far as television evangelists, basing this on nothing but my own experience living in different parts of the country, the people who watch and/or are influenced by them are much in the minority within our nation's population as a whole. This of course also varies by region. But if I had to guess I would say only a small fraction of Americans are influenced by televangelists.

I grew up in the south, and we had family friends with the last name Barefoot.

To quote an article by Coy Barefoot regarding his surname: "The Barefoots came to the Virginia colony from England in the 1600s— which, I’m proud to say, makes it a very old Virginia name. That’s the short answer. " http://www.coybarefoot.com/barefoot-family-history/. Hoping here tonight that the searchers are finding the evidence they need to successfully conduct their case.

Originally Posted by margarita25 View Post
Who knows what he might have done to the those poor elderly folks there...any suspicious deaths I wonder...it would be hard to prove homicide, especially after so much time has gone by and if someone was elderly and had a variety of health problems they could easily attribute a death to...he could have also gotten drugs from this place...I wonder if LE is looking through files here; I would think so...I wonder if this has come up in the "Other Possible Victims" thread...

I doubt if he harmed them. JMO but from everything I've read, the majority of serial killers have a victim "type."

In JLM's case it was, apparently, young women in a vulnerable state due to one reason or another.

Then again, there are documented cases of serial killers who just want to kill anyone, no type or even preferred gender required.

But I don't think JLM was one of these.

All JMO.

IzzyBlanche, yes, most sexual predators/serial killers have a victim preference/type. Yet, many such as T Bundy, and others escalate, not only in the heinous nature of their crimes, but also in the deviant nature of their fantasies; pedophilia, necrophilia, and gerontophilia.. T Bundy, Israel Keyes, and Gary Hilton, are just a few examples of sexual predators/serial killers that had a victim preference yet deviated to other victims occasionally..

Many, if not most sexual predators begin at a young age with *advertiser censored*, fantasy, and then escalate to peeping toms..and yes, most should have been put away long before escalating to the dark reality of much more deviant behavior.

Most elderly sexual abuse occurs in nursing homes, as does necrophilia often occur in morgues and funeral homes( a little known phenomenon/seldom reported due to liability and other obvious repercussions).
This is what I refer too as the fox in the chicken house theory.. Where is the fox gonna likely hunt their prey? A gerontophiliac would likewise hunt their prey in an assisted living or nursing home.. JMO

Serial Sexual Predator of the Elderly; 'Gerontophilia'
https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/grants/216550.pdf
(Study of Elderly Abuse and their Offenders)

Varieties of Necrophilia
http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_killers/notorious/necrophiles/necro_4.html

Just bones, no hair, no flesh. In dry creek bed. Not buried. Didn't see any broken bones, but some bones were found nearby.

BBM:

I think they need to send drones in a marked area. They might be finding JM killing fields. and in ways it makes sense to go back to comfortable place. He knew how often it was traveled, and places to get to from here to there.

Shudder...

The FBI definition of a serial killer is 3 or more killings. Assuming JLM is forensically tied to both MH & these remains, who are presumed to be HG, if there is a 3rd killing he can be tied to then he will meet the technical definition. Either way, he's supposedly forensically linked to MH and the earlier rape. Chances are he'll be linked to HG's murder.

He's on video with the 3rd victim (HG), his DNA is linked to MH.

Basically, he's toast.

Not sure what the argument is, but rest assured JLM is not going anywhere but the inside of one cell or another.

I believe the FBI has now adopted 2 or more killings as the criteria for a serial killer - so he may already be there.

rsbm:

As far as television evangelists, basing this on nothing but my own experience living in different parts of the country, the people who watch and/or are influenced by them are much in the minority within our nation's population as a whole. This of course also varies by region. But if I had to guess I would say only a small fraction of Americans are influenced by televangelists.

Hallelujah!

Just kidding :giggle:

"Sometime before noon today, a search team from the Chesterfield Sheriff's Department was searching an abandoned property on Old Lynchburg road in southern Albemarle County when they discovered what appears to be human remains,” Longo said.

http://www.kcbd.com/story/26821658/...not-confirm-if-they-belong-to-missing-student

statement is at the 1:50 mark on the linked video which contains the presser

BBM:
He smokes, but it appears that he puts his butts in the car ashtray if I go by the pics of his sister's car interior on the way to Texas.

But just maybe he smoked one on the property somewhere.

or flung one out the window close by while en route

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member