Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remembered that too. That's why I thought maybe high winds if there were any in that area. Also, if her body was washed out by the heavy rains, maybe that could account, if indeed, there was no hair with the remains.

It was a dry creek, per the searcher. There seem to be too many trees for high winds to blow anything too far.

I find it odd that JM possibly might not have gone to great lengths to hide the body, it might seem, as mentioned by song22 iirc in the prior thread. I know the location is remote, etc, but a shallow grave/placed in a dry creek bed when he had so much time? Something seems odd about this, as I would think he might have gone to greater lengths to make sure the remains would not be openly visible / unearthed. Did he want them to eventually be found? Thinking out loud...

I think that's possible but I also think he must have been tired and he doesn't look to be in the best shape at this point in his life. From what we know about his schedule that day, he worked a full shift at the hospital. Then volunteered for the football game then went out drinking and then allegyedly kidnappe, raped and murdered HG. He was probably exhausted and arrogant because he's always gotten away with it before.

And there we have it. 3193 address. Google it.

Mountain View Adult Home
Address: Independent Assisted Living, 3193 Old Lynchburg Road, North Garden, VA 22959
Phone: (434) 293-xxxx
Hours: Open today · Open 24 hours

If that's the case, why is the command center set up at the road to the park? Shouldn't it be set up at the entrance to, or on, the property mentioned in the article?

It's my opinion that the park is a convenient place to set up since the road (old Lynchburg rd) is closed at both end, at plank and red hill. jmo idk

Apparently, a gentleman had noticed a flurry of buzzards behind the 3193 Old Lynchburg Road home as far back as October 5th. Knowing this was an unoccupied building, he called this information in on October 6th.

"Another source with whom I have spoken just this morning, confirms that on Sunday October 5, a long-time resident of Albemarle County drove by this residence and noticed an unusual flurry of buzzards behind the home.

Earlier the following morning, Monday October 6, this same man stopped his car at this residence and looked around. The buzzards had gone. This man knew the home to be a rental that was not currently lived in.

He walked the property, but only briefly since he felt odd that he was trespassing. He got back in his car and left.

Later that same morning, at exactly 9:45am October 6, he called the tip line, reported the address— 3193 Old Lynchburg Road— and said he’d noticed the buzzards. He also reported that he was concerned the property had not yet been adequately searched since the home was not currently lived in."

http://insidecville.com/blog/exclusive-where-hannah-was-found/

It wasn't a blind guess. The searchers were wrapping up a search at the park and decided to check an abandoned property next to the park. In other words, they continued to search beyond the park boundaries at the last minute as they were wrapping up for the day.

According to a recent report by Coy Barefoot, this search was from a tip called in October 6th after a neighbor noticed a large amount of buzzards flying behind this home. He also knew the house was vacant. He went to the house himself and did a cursory check on the 6th, the day after first noticing the buzzard's activity, but noticed no more buzzards and felt awkward trespassing and then decided to call in the tip.

It wasn't a blind guess. The searchers were wrapping up a search at the park and decided to check an abandoned property next to the park. In other words, they continued to search beyond the park boundaries at the last minute as they were wrapping up for the day.

Looks to me like they had a phone tip from neighbors?

Highly unlikely - touch DNA is from epithelial (skin) cells that are shed and deposited on surfaces that we touch. These cells are very,very fragile and do not last long. It is difficult to get touch DNA from items people handled multiple times in pristine conditions, much less in conditions like these.

Look at it this way, every time it rained (and it rained a lot) it was like the evidence (pants, other clothing, jewelry, etc.) was being hosed down with a garden hose, washing away anything that was there. In addition, one of the biggest enemies of DNA is plain old dirt. Dirt is filled with bacteria that basically chews up the DNA making it useless. Dirt, moisture, heat and humidity - all destroy DNA very efficiently.

All this would affect anything under her nails as well - small amounts of DNA to start with, exposed to the environment = very little chance of getting any foreign DNA (i.e. any DNA not belong to whoever the remains are).
So the best bet we have is whatever was found in his car, combined with cell phone pings, and the fact that he was the last to see her alive for a trial?

Where was it stated officially that creek name? Why do I ask? That creek is NOT a dry creek bed. Dry creek beds are there for major major rainfall events... a couple a year. The photos I see of that creek, yes, it's a small creek, but not normally dry. What gives?

LEO's description is subject to interpretation. "Dry creek bed" could be a low spot that shows significant erosion. Not really a named creek in the traditional sense, but just an area that erodes quickly during intense rain. I agree we shouldn't jump to the conclusion that we know the exact spot her remains were found. IMO

I meant being in that area at all, i.e., did they have cell phone evidence or some other clue that sent them to that vicinity?

According to a recent report by Coy Barefoot, this search was from a tip called in October 6th after a neighbor noticed a large amount of buzzards flying behind this home. He also knew the house was vacant. He went to the house himself and did a cursory check on the 6th, the day after first noticing the buzzard's activity, but noticed no more buzzards and felt awkward trespassing and then decided to call in the tip.

thank you!

It's really too bad that they didn't have some way of knowing the significance of the tip at the time; it would have been great if they had found the remains two weeks ago.

If that's the case, why is the command center set up at the road to the park? Shouldn't it be set up at the entrance to, or on, the property mentioned in the article?

Maybe they don't want to disturb evidence in the immediate area? JMO - IDK

I found now this. They are talking about the person who called the tip line.

http://insidecville.com/blog/exclusive-where-hannah-was-found/

So the WS sleuthers got the scoop way ahead of time. Wow!

Great that the man reported the buzzards. I wonder what took so long to go there?

I am so pleased with the people who have been counteracting this monster. Goodness is out there. The woman who alerted him in Texas and now this man. Kudos!!!!

<sniped from article linked above for focus - read more>

Another source with whom I have spoken just this morning, confirms that on Sunday October 5, a long-time resident of Albemarle County drove by this residence and noticed an unusual flurry of buzzards behind the home.
Earlier the following morning, Monday October 6, this same man stopped his car at this residence and looked around. The buzzards had gone. This man knew the home to be a rental that was not currently lived in.
He walked the property, but only briefly since he felt odd that he was trespassing. He got back in his car and left.
Later that same morning, at exactly 9:45am October 6, he called the tip line, reported the address— 3193 Old Lynchburg Road— and said he’d noticed the buzzards. He also reported that he was concerned the property had not yet been adequately searched since the home was not currently lived in.
Albemarle County Tax Records list the property owner as Phyllis Campbell, who is noted as residing just a few miles to the south on Plank Road.

I called her home this morning. When I informed the woman who answered that I was a reporter, calling to ask about 3193 Old Lynchburg Road, she kindly replied, “We were told not to talk to the media about this
“Were you asked not to do this by the Albemarle County Police?” I asked.
“I’m not allowed to say,” she replied.
“Is this because it’s where they found the remains of the missing girl?”
“I’m really not supposed to say,” she answered. “We’re not allowed to talk about it.” I thanked her for her time and said goodbye.

Ask yourself, "where would this investigation be today without aware citizen's tips"? "How was sexual predator/serial killer Jesse Matthew enabled to prey on unsuspecting innocent victims for years or likely over a decade"? The antiquated investigative strategy of Silence; "I'm sorry we can't release that info due to the integrity of the investigation".. This investigative strategy only causes innocent victim's lives lost and mounting cold cases; 'The Silent Epidemic'. imo..

"Silence by LE via MS Media/internet social media is the Predator's most lethal weapon"! When will they learn?

Where Have All The Flowers Gone??
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eyof5doUFzk

I find it odd that JM possibly might not have gone to great lengths to hide the body, it might seem, as mentioned by song22 iirc in the prior thread. I know the location is remote, etc, but a shallow grave/placed in a dry creek bed when he had so much time? Something seems odd about this, as I would think he might have gone to greater lengths to make sure the remains would not be openly visible / unearthed. Did he want them to eventually be found? Thinking out loud...

I wonder if he was too drunk to be as careful as he had been with MH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ND84