Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they don't want to disturb evidence in the immediate area? JMO - IDK
Could be...Could they also be because they are searching this entire area for more items, etc....and since the body has already been removed, they don't need to be all up on it like they would have been yesterday.
I pray they find more girls in this spot and that it proves to be a mass grave. Horrible to have a wish like that:(

Why would they set up 1.6 miles from the alleged crime scene?

IDK? Maybe they have found more evidence or possible evidence scattered that they haven't yet told us about?! Remains "scattered" (per news) suggests that things might not be in a tidy, centralized location?

JMO

on the Google maps- There is something labeled "Ammonett Branch" behind the house... is this the dry creek bed that they are talking about? It seems to loop close to the road. The Police officers in an article said that the body was not far from the road.

Where did the Ammonett Branch Creek information come from? I know that I saw it posted late last night towards the end of the thread, but I didn't see a source.

Is it possible that the dry creek bed is the Walnut Branch rather than the Ammonett Branch?

That creek is near the Park, it's a property that is next to the park, as was initially mentioned that the searchers were leaving the park when they decided to check an abandoned property next to the park ... the Walnut Branch is near the Walnut Creek Park road.

Does anyone know the location of a post recently posted in one of the HG threads with a link with a formula of rate of decomp related to average temperature? Is it possible Hannah could already be completely skeletonized?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

on the Google maps- There is something labeled "Ammonett Branch" behind the house... is this the dry creek bed that they are talking about? It seems to loop close to the road. The Police officers in an article said that the body was not far from the road.

below is a gate just down the rd a piece from the home in question, the branch is real close to the corner of the rd and there is a gate to access that area.

https://www.google.com/maps/@37.922...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1stL24mF8kwPCOmxFd4mHw6g!2e0

I am having trouble reconciling within my own mind all the different posts I've read this morning.

First, the Chesterfield LEO gave the interview basically saying, and I paraphrase, that God led him to search a nearby property after he finished searching the property he'd been assigned. So in other words, he followed his own instinct, which led him and the crew he was with to find Hannah.

Second, I read of a tip that was called in on Oct 6, pointing specifically to the presence of carrion birds at this exact same location, 12 days before Hannah was found.

Which occurrence led to the discovery? I mean really, which way did it happen? These two things are not the same, right?

Oh and btw, last night when I was reading here at WS and looking at Google Maps, I saw the name "Mountainview Adult Home" when I moved my mouse pointer over the structure in the map. The house apparently has a "label" in Google Maps. Imo that's probably all the info anyone had to have to give them reason to search out additional information about "Mountainview Adult Home." I certainly did not see that stated by MSM yesterday.

<sniped from article linked above for focus - read more>

Another source with whom I have spoken just this morning, confirms that on Sunday October 5, a long-time resident of Albemarle County drove by this residence and noticed an unusual flurry of buzzards behind the home.
Earlier the following morning, Monday October 6, this same man stopped his car at this residence and looked around. The buzzards had gone. This man knew the home to be a rental that was not currently lived in.
He walked the property, but only briefly since he felt odd that he was trespassing. He got back in his car and left.
Later that same morning, at exactly 9:45am October 6, he called the tip line, reported the address&#8212; 3193 Old Lynchburg Road&#8212; and said he&#8217;d noticed the buzzards. He also reported that he was concerned the property had not yet been adequately searched since the home was not currently lived in.
Albemarle County Tax Records list the property owner as Phyllis Campbell, who is noted as residing just a few miles to the south on Plank Road.
I called her home this morning. When I informed the woman who answered that I was a reporter, calling to ask about 3193 Old Lynchburg Road, she kindly replied, &#8220;We were told not to talk to the media about this.&#8221;
&#8220;Were you asked not to do this by the Albemarle County Police?&#8221; I asked.
&#8220;I&#8217;m not allowed to say,&#8221; she replied.
&#8220;Is this because it&#8217;s where they found the remains of the missing girl?&#8221;
&#8220;I&#8217;m really not supposed to say,&#8221; she answered. &#8220;We&#8217;re not allowed to talk about it.&#8221; I thanked her for her time and said goodbye.

That's why those odd posts here from last night about the crash along Old Lynchburg Rd. a few years back, the fact that the property owner had DIED, and the specific name of the property owner became VERY INTERESTING to me. PS sleuthers: thanks for posting that VA property owner website! Much appreciated.

Not posting specifics, all things coming together now via Coy's blog linked above. Mods - please delete if necessary

Why would they set up 1.6 miles from the alleged crime scene?

Total speculation here - but the park has a huge amount of land/space where they could set up:

1) without possibly disrupting any of the crime scene (tire tracks or other evidence on the property)

2) without disrupting traffic on Old Lynchburg road that I assume may open up again before the investigation is completely done.

3) without having to get permission to set up on private property of adjacent landowners.

All guesses . . .

Where did the Ammonett Branch Creek information come from? I know that I saw it posted late last night towards the end of the thread, but I didn't see a source.

Is it possible that the dry creek bed is the Walnut Branch rather than the Ammonett Branch?

That creek is near the Park, it's a property that is next to the park, as was initially mentioned that the searchers were leaving the park when they decided to check an abandoned property next to the park ... the Walnut Branch is near the Walnut Creek Park road.

That may have been me otto, I was just speculating as it was a stream, close to what I found to be an abandoned property, off old lynchburg road. I posted a map and a link to info about the stream.

This is the Ammonett Branch Creek, near the Old Lynchburg Road, but that is 1.6 miles from the entrance to the Walnut Creek Park, where reports state the command center is setup.

Attachments

• Ammonett Branch Creek.jpg
    Ammonett Branch Creek.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 482
Ask yourself, "where would this investigation be today without aware citizen's tips"? "How was sexual predator/serial killer Jesse Matthew enabled to prey on unsuspecting innocent victims for years or likely over a decade"? The antiquated investigative strategy of Silence; "I'm sorry we can't release that info due to the integrity of the investigation".. This investigative strategy only causes innocent victim's lives lost and mounting cold cases; 'The Silent Epidemic'. imo..

"Silence by LE via MS Media/internet social media is the Predator's most lethal weapon"! When will they learn?

Where Have All The Flowers Gone??
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eyof5doUFzk

Quoted from,Foxfire

I agree one million percent!

Bringing my post over from the end of the last thread; I've added a couple things:

BBM:

As one who has had experience with keeping an eye out/learning to protect myself from a very dangerous and active predator in my community (I suppose they are everywhere, and one might never know sometimes), my main advice is to keep a personal perimeter around you (don't let anyone get too close to you). For example when someone on the street approaches me to ask for money or a cigarette (quite common in my area here in Colorado) I am sure to keep my distance...sometimes I even put my arm straight out in front of me and tell them, "Hey, jump back Jack...". One has to be extra assertive and not appear vulnerable in the least way...this means posture, tone of voice, etc... Always be aware of your surroundings, constantly do a 360 scan, watch out for blind spots like when you go around corners, trees, etc. If you feel you are close to being attacked, the best thing one can do imo is RUN, and avoid a physical confrontation at all costs, even if you are skilled in martial arts or have a weapon. Do not allow an opportunity for someone to get close enough to overpower you, if you can help it. And if God forbid you are physically attacked, fight back with everything, bite, get all the dna you can, and whatever happens, never let someone remove you from the location where you currently are. I carry all kinds of deterrents, lights, whistles, sirens, other things that I can easily access...always have your phone handy! (and charged---keep a spare charger with you). And do not be digging for your keys in parking lots, garages, etc. Have your keys ready. Try not to park way far out in lots, etc.

My friend was attacked in a mall parking lot. I always envisioned a predator sneaking up on you, or popping out of the bushes, etc, but I learned from her case that sometimes they come running at you full speed in plain view, just like a football player. The guy that attacked her was as big as JM, and he literally came running at her from way far away in the parking lot as she was getting into her car. She saw this man running coming towards her with this angry look on her face, he was cursing...

Hopefully nothing like this will ever happen to anyone here. But I'm 100% serious when I say you have to watch your back at all times. It seems to me there is no shortage of violent predators out there. I wish I did not have to lock my doors, etc, but unfortunately the days of not locking your doors are over, imo.

Eta: And Never, under any circumstances, leave your drink unattended at the bar. Even for a second. If I forget, I ask for a new one. Even asking someone to watch your drink does not protect you, because they might get distracted themselves. Also, do not accept drinks from strangers.

Eta: Also, if you're walking, and someone pulls up alongside you to ask for directions, etc, KEEP YOUR DISTANCE.

Everything is jmo

This a tremendous post and spot on when it comes to possible contact w/ someone who intends to do you harm. Without going to far off topic w/ Hannah, I thought I'd add a little to this highly informative post.

As I always do, I'll quickly preface this w/ my background. 17 yrs LE w/ last few years as a Major Crimes Det. in one of the largest cities in the country (US). Throughout my career, I've been a certified expert and/or instructor in countless disciplines. Pertaining to this post specifically: firearms, OC/chemical munitions, baton, defensive tactics, non-violent crisis intervention, to name a few. I've also been involved in Martial Arts, Powerlifting, and teaching "self-defense" longer than I've been on the job. I weigh 235lbs w/ 10-12% body fat.

Why did I feel the need to explain all this ? I practice what I preach. ESCAPE ROUTE. Carrying a firearm, pepper spray, trained in any type of the arts, can and will help you. But, this usually is going to require very rare and certain circumstance. Mostly meaning - you need to be prepared at that very moment to be able to apply any of their usages while YOU are in control. Again, always an exception to a rule.

Margarita couldn't have said it any better. It's not always reasonable to travel in pairs/groups. However, even this practice isn't always a deterrent. (Particularly when the offender is under the influence, desperate for money/valuables, has mental health issues). Scan, look at what's ahead and BEYOND. Left to right, behind, etc. I teach people to treat walking in public like they're driving a vehicle. Be aware. Watch for others. Keep eye in rear view. ALWAYS HAVE AN ESCAPE ROUTE. When you stop your vehicle behind another, leave enough distance that you see that persons' rear tires. That's enough distance to "escape". Always back into parking spots. There's much more I can go on about (interview stance, talk w/ your hands, etc.), but again, didn't want to steer too of topic and mostly wanted to commend, and recommend really absorbing the excellent post by margarita.

Were the dog alerts anywhere near where Hannah was found? Possibly they alerted to buried clothing of hers or LJ's? just wondering....JMO

That may have been me otto, I was just speculating as it was a stream, close to what I found to be an abandoned property, off old lynchburg road. I posted a map and a link to info about the stream.

Thank you. So it's also possible that the dry creek is Walnut creek, which is on the Walnut Creek Park road ... and which is in the exact location where the command center is set up.

I wonder if Coy Barfoot is looking to sites like this to gather his information. It just doesn't make sense to me that the command center is 1.6 miles from the crime scene. Since the command center is moving into the park, rather than towards Ammonett Branch Creek, something is off with the information.

"NBC29 @NBC29 · 1 hr 1 hour ago

Albe. Co police officials tell @DeliaDAmbra29 Walnut Creek Park is open to visitors. Command center being moved further into the park now."

https://twitter.com/NBC29

Attachments

• Ammonett Branch Creek Walnut.jpg
    Ammonett Branch Creek Walnut.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 461
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors