Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was included in the interview with the deputy leading the search team that found the body; it was edited out of the report at request of investigators.

Shenanigans going on? wth If it's HG & they know JM did it, what's the problem? Not directed at you Emaa Something doesn't smell right. jmo

About the Chesterfield County Deputy who found the remains behind the abandoned home on Old Lynchburg Rd:
He, as a searcher, most certainly was told/instructed/trained only to mark a spot if any evidence was found. He would not or should not have disturbed the remains and would notify the command center who in turn would/should get the mobile forensic crime scene investigators to the site. IMO, he would not/did not get close enough to see great detail. He definitely shouldn't/wouldn't have been close enough to visualize any fractures of main bones.

About the Chesterfield County Deputy who found the remains behind the abandoned home on Old Lynchburg Rd:
He, as a searcher, most certainly was told/instructed/trained only to mark a spot if any evidence was found. He would not or should not have disturbed the remains and would notify the command center who in turn would/should get the mobile forensic crime scene investigators to the site. IMO, he would not/did not get close enough to see great detail. He definitely shouldn't/wouldn't have been close enough to visualize any fractures of main bones.

maybe/maybe not

jmo/idk

Shenanigans going on? wth If it's HG & they know JM did it, what's the problem? Not directed at you Emaa Something doesn't smell right. jmo

The deputy obviously made comments about what was found and where and the condition of the remains that LE didn't want released yet. Too late now, that information is out there. I hope he wasn't reprimanded too harshly, IMO he's a hero for pushing forward beyond his group's assigned search field and thus finding Hannah. I just wish he'd kept his mouth shut and not interviewed about the find.

About the description of the remains:
I'm not sure what the big deal is. In every case I've ever followed, when a body or remains has/have been found, there has always been a cursory description of what was found and where it was found. Even on breaking news out of DC and Richmond, when police are on the scene, we hear very detailed descriptions of how a body is found and exactly where it was found. What is the difference here? He said, we found a skull and bones, in a dry creek bed, nothing but bones, no skin or hair and we found a pair of tight black pants. I think even in the Chandra Levy case we knew immediately, here in DC, that her bones, pants, walkman, headphones, etc were scattered just off the jogging trail in Rock Creek park and very near an old manor.

With MH's remains, Mr Bass was immediately interviewed. He said he saw a skull and at first thought it was a deer. I don't think this Deputy said anything that was any different than what we've heard reported day in and day out in bigger cities like Wash DC and Richmond, VA. I guarantee you, Chesterfield LE is well versed in finding bodies...they are situated just outside of South Richmond where bodies are found every week.

My understanding is that bones were found. Forgive my ignorance but is 5 weeks enough time to have flesh/skin/hair gone from the body? Could it be someone else? I presume they have evidence that it is HG otherwise they would not have called off search efforts.

About the description of the remains:
I'm not sure what the big deal is. In every case I've ever followed, when a body or remains has/have been found, there has always been a cursory description of what was found and where it was found. Even on breaking news out of DC and Richmond, when police are on the scene, we hear very detailed descriptions of how a body is found and exactly where it was found. What is the difference here. He said, we found a skull and bones, nothing but bones, no skin or hair and we found a pair of tight black pants. I think even in the Chandra Levy case we knew immediately, here in DC, that her bones, pants, walkman, headphones, etc were scattered just off the jogging trail in Rock Creek park and very near an old manor.

With MH's remains, Mr Bass was immediately interviewed. He said he saw a skull and at first thought it was a deer. I don't think this Deputy said anything that was any different than what we've heard reported day in and day out in bigger cities like Wash DC and Richmond, VA. I guarantee you, Chesterfield LE is well versed in finding bodies...they are situated just outside of South Richmond where bodies are found every week.

This is most likely a high profile serial killer investigation with FBI involvement. It is going to be different. They want little released in regard to keeping the trial close.

My understanding is that bones were found. Forgive my ignorance but is 5 weeks enough time to have flesh/skin/hair gone from the body? Could it be someone else? I presume they have evidence that it is HG otherwise they would not have called off search efforts.

Not to get too morbid, but got to in this cse, I google image results on decomposing body 5 weeks. There were no bodies that didn't have at least a thin layer of skin/hair left after that length of time. Complete skeleton in 3 months... well maybe, but 5 weeks... that seems too rapid to me... but I will hold out judgement until the identity of the remains are officially determines later this week.

Hope everyone is kind to the person who may have misspoken about the case.
Stress, pressure, fatigue and overwhelming relief at having found the remains .... a human slip.
Maybe it will even touch JM in some oddly sympathetic fashion.jmo.

That may be true but if people know how a serial killer leaves bodies and the terrain or type of area, it might just help the community to find the rest of the bodies. It might also jog the memories of people who may have witnessed the suspect or any of his known vehicles in similar areas.

It's not like the Deputy said there was some indication of COD. It's not like he described the way the pants were found. Honestly, IMO, LE just wanted to secure the scene from onlookers and wanted time to process the scene. This doesn't happen as easily in urban areas and really any body found could be the result of a serial killer. The conditions/injuries, locations and details re: victims of the DC sniper were all over the news even as LE was responding to the crime scenes.

I don't think it's shenanigans. It seems like the man that found the remains was pleased with himself, and his message from God, that he wanted everyone to know that he and God get credit for discovering the remains. He gave an awful lot of details about the condition of the remains and location where they were found. In a sense, he tipped the hand of investigators in favor of the suspect before police had a chance to talk with the suspect about what they had found. It was like he forgot his professional role as the cameras started rolling.

I may be way off-base on this, but my first thought was that LE might be unhappy for JM and his attorney to learn of the body's condition because it might affect LE's bluffing opportunities. Hearing a searcher say that no tissue was found might make the defense/suspect feel a little more bold in continuing to deny involvement based on thinking less evidence was recoverable.

Or maybe I watch too much TV.

Here's a photo from Google maps to show the area near the house identified by Coy Barefoot as the location where the remains were found ( Exclusive: Where Hannah Was Found ) The photo would be approximately where the marker is in skiboo's image is located.:
Old Lynchburg Road property.jpg.

Also bringing over from 1st and 2nd thread info that dda found about the property directly behind the house identified by CB. The Ammonett Branch creek runs through this large parcel of land directly behind the identified property. The photo above would be the area of that property where the creek runs closest to Old Lynchburg Road, and where a partially hidden gate marks access to the property. The property is a very large parcel of land that is not in use, wooded (apparently logged for timber), with an owner who is not local.

eta: Even if no remains were initially located on this property, I would certainly think LE will be investigating this "abandoned" property with a fine-toothed comb, looking for any more evidence that could be related to Hannah or JLM.

I can certainly understand why the 'finding' officer is puzzled about the condition of the remains. A lot of us have had the same questions once we learned the remains were totally skeletonized. I am sure throughout his career he has seen many bodies who were above ground in varying state of decomposition.

I live in the deep south with temps rising over a hundred during this same time period and when a body is discovered above ground in around a month the bodies are never completely skeletonized with no hair at all. And we also have loads of scavengers in our rural areas too.

So it makes me wonder since he may have known he left DNA on Morgan's remains that he went a different route this time and may have burned the body before placing it where it was found.

I think this is out of the ordinary. It has to be because the finding officer is from that very area.

So I think they will pull in forensic pathologists and anthropologists to uncover why the body was a full skeleton when found. If there is animal life activity that will be seen on the skeleton with nicks seen on the actual bones.

I think everyone would immediately think it was Hannah if not for there being so many other missing young women in that same area. The police know that too.

It is most likely Hannah but whoever it is I hope we know that today for certain.

LE will continue searching in a wide area though because they know that at anytime they could discover another disposal site.

A Question: Morgan Harrington was left in the open at Anchorage farm---was there ever any reports of buzzards in that area? Could have found her sooner.....or was their mention of a decomposition accelerant in her case.

Just wonder why no one ever saw buzzards circling in the area of her body? The placement of her body does seem different from HG.

JMO circling buzzards are so common in the country where deer are hit or die for other reasons, as well as woodsy carrion, that I think most people who live out there don't even notice. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayc