Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO circling buzzards are so common in the country where deer are hit or die for other reasons, as well as woodsy carrion, that I think most people who live out there don't even notice. JMO

I live in a rural area and if I called the police every time I saw buzzards circling overhead I would have driven LE crazy by now.

I can certainly understand why the 'finding' officer is puzzled about the condition of the remains. A lot of us have had the same questions once we learned the remains were totally skeletonized. I am sure throughout his career he has seen many bodies who were above ground in varying state of decomposition.

I live in the deep south with temps rising over a hundred during this same time period and when a body is discovered above ground in around a month the bodies are never completely skeletonized with no hair at all. And we also have loads of scavengers in our rural areas too.

So it makes me wonder since he may have known he left DNA on Morgan's remains that he went a different route this time and may have burned the body before placing it where it was found.

I think this is out of the ordinary. It has to be because the finding officer is from that very area.

So I think they will pull in forensic pathologists and anthropologists to uncover why the body was a full skeleton when found. If there is animal life activity that will be seen on the skeleton with nicks seen on the actual bones.

I think everyone would immediately think it was Hannah if not for there being so many other missing young women in that same area. The police know that too.

It is most likely Hannah but whoever it is I hope we know that today for certain.

LE will continue searching in a wide area though because they know that at anytime they could discover another disposal site.

No doubt it's unusual that the decomposition was as complete as it was, but as I stated before I 've see the difference when the right flock of carrion birds hit a carcass. They can strip it very completely, very quickly. It doesn't happen very often--only saw it once or maybe twice, but I did see how fast and complete they can do that. So it's not out of the question that this happened there, unlucky rather than unlikely, IMO.

JMO circling buzzards are so common in the country where deer are hit or die for other reasons, as well as woodsy carrion, that I think most people who live out there don't even notice. JMO

That was going to be my comment too. Buzzards are everywhere here, I never think twice when seeing them. Some folks are fussing over the fact that LE didn't respond more quickly to the Oct 6 tip of buzzards at the house. LE likely had many many dozens if not hundreds of reports of buzzards to sift through.

Regarding the description of the remains, IMO what was NOT said is just as important as what LE didn't want reported. Pants were mentioned as found but no other articles of clothing or personal belongings, such as shirt, shoes. There were indications during the search that LE was looking for HG's shoes and we know MH's killer retained her shirt for a time and IIRC MH's boots were never found. As far as the rate of decomposition, I sadly note that vultures/buzzards are efficient. My prayers for strength and comfort for the families continue.

No doubt it's unusual that the decomposition was as complete as it was, but as I stated before I 've see the difference when the right flock of carrion birds hit a carcass. They can strip it very completely, very quickly. It doesn't happen very often--only saw it once or maybe twice, but I did see how fast and complete they can do that. So it's not out of the question that this happened there, unlucky rather than unlikely, IMO.

But they don't eat the hair and it wasn't nesting time so they would have no need to take all of the hair away to make nests.

IMO

I think it would be impossible for police to find and request editing of that information; it's all over the internet now, including here.

Oh, it was edited in a lot of places. It's not going to be edited everywhere, however. I don't understand why it was edited at all. I think it just makes it more of a curiousity and attracts attention that it is, since it's mentioned when and where it's edited that it is by request by LE.

JMO Was that property on the market on sept 13 to now? Who was maintaining it and was it never shown by a realtor? JMO

I live about an hour from this area. A few days ago there was a dead mature deer along the side of the road. The next morning there were so many vultures on the carcass you couldn't see anything but birds. 2 days later I cannot see anything left.
But some turkey vultures are still hanging out there. There are also coyotes in this area. Our temps have been in the 70/50 range.

wow I don't check in over the weekend and she is found. Thankfully her family will have her back. I am confused at how she could just be bones this quickly.

We know the house has been for sale, but did it have a sign in the yard? I wonder if it was broken into or just used as a quick dump site. Did the killer park in the driveway or try to get out of sight? Did he have the place picked out in advance or did he just drive around looking for a spot? Did he kill in his car or at the site? We know JM's car had a damaged front bumper. Is there anything at the site that might match (paint, scrapes, pieces of the bumper)? If not, did he return to clean-up later or was the damage pre-existing?

JMO Was that property on the market on sept 13 to now? Who was maintaining it and was it never shown by a realtor? JMO

It was on the market for quite some time. Originally listed in May 2011, then pending sale in October 2012, then immediately put back on the market for 2 years until July 2014 when it was finally removed. Not sure who the listing agent was. Some have speculated that this could have been JLM's den of evil-doings, but I don't think that is possible with it being on the market actively. Sure it probably didn't get much activity, but I don't think he could possibly take that chance.

http://www.zillow.com/homes/3193-old-lynchburg-rd,-north-garden,-va_rb/

ETA: listed by Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate. http://listhub.bhgrealestate.com/pages/RFGBHG/4262990/?channel=ushud Realtor listed on this site.

But they don't eat the hair and it isn't nesting time so they would have no need to take all of the hair away to make nests.

IMO

I wonder if the discoverer only reported what he saw, and not what he did not see. LE just doesn't want to give any information to LJ or his attorney, so that a defense can be concocted. JMO

We know the house has been for sale, but did it have a sign in the yard? I wonder if it was broken into or just used as a quick dump site. Did the killer park in the driveway or try to get out of sight? Did he have the place picked out in advance or did he just drive around looking for a spot? Did he kill in his car or at the site? We know JM's car had a damaged front bumper. Is there anything at the site that might match (paint, scrapes, pieces of the bumper)? If not, did he return to clean-up later or was the damage pre-existing?

Just a note, another WS member that knew JLM said the damage was there for quite some time, so we don't think it would have happened in relation to Hannah's abduction/murder.

I can't understand how the property that is vacant/empty/abandoned, but has the lawn maintained & like another poster said (?) sorry, and the body wasn't seen. That leads me to believe that it was in the woods and not at the edge, visible. Then that tells me that unless the body was close to the edge then the buzzards didn't go in the woods but would be seen flying over head. Something still not right about the supposed location at this assisted living property. It's not that far down and across the rd there is another home that is occupied, looking from street level there are cars/vehicles at the home. Doesn't make sense that he would go to a home/property that is across the rd from an active home. jmo idk

One thing that is standing out right now is that this property used to be a rental and in fact it still looks like it could have someone living there. Why would JM go here? How would he know if it was not rented at the time? Was he familiar with who lived there and knew it would be safe to go in the back? He had to be comfortable with the area. It is not like he was miles from a road/house. Remains were found close to a house and a road. I think there is something else that needs to be sleuthed in regards to this location.

I don't think it's unusual for just a skeleton to be found. So many creatures...ants, vultures, etc. prey on the deceased. I don't understand why her hair is missing....unless it wasn't there in the first place. I do pray that her family has some comfort.... although I doubt they ever will have any peace or understanding of this so very senseless and selfish act.

Even if no remains were initially located on this property, I would certainly think LE will be investigating this "abandoned" property with a fine-toothed comb, looking for any more evidence that could be related to Hannah or JLM.

seems like that house had been up for rent for ages!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayc