Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've left the original posters' time and information so as not to take credit for his/her post. I did clarify the gate picture in my PSP 7 program.View attachment 61801

Quote Originally Posted by ILOKAL View Post
I have looked and looked at every photo and map and I cannot see the gate or property being discussed. Help!

I posted it yesterday in the previous thread, post #121 at 12:33 p.m.

Guys, I have been in court all day so I missed it: How do we know the condition of the body that was found?

Only rumor, gitana. Hearsay that vulture/buzzards have picked and bones scattered but another says that by the way the vertebra looked it should have been a tall person. Nothing solid and no word back from ME other than they refuse to give this case any priority.

In Virginia the seller does not need to disclose if remains have been found at the property or if anyone died. If a body decomposed in a house and left a lingering order than that is a material fact which may need to be disclosed if the odor cannot be removed.

I don't know of the veracity of the generalization of this being required in "most states", but I can assure you that is not the case in VA. I am a real estate agent.

Yes, in most states, it would need to be disclosed.

I actually think makista has a point. I'd have no problem living in a place where somebody had died peacefully, or of old age. I don't know that I'd ever feel completely at ease living where a brutal murder had occurred, or the remains of a victim of such violence were left to the vultures. Too many bad vibes/energy. :(

The daily docket is online. Also, Fairfax County Circuit Court has a section on its webpage for High Profile cases. The Commonwealth of Virginia vs. Jesse Leroy Matthew, Jr. Indictment is already up under the high profile case section.

http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/courts/circuit/

I'm glad they have his case online. For low profile cases, like the traffic appeals we handle, you've gotta keep your eye on the daily dockets or get in touch with the clerks office for dates. It's unfortunate because in many other counties, you can get all the proceedings info online, at anytime (so it makes for a much more convenient cross-check in regards to the calendar).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just a few thoughts.....First, regarding the location of this property-I live in a part of the country quite far from the beautiful state of Virginia, but where I live there are many roads like the one off of which dear Hannah was found. If it was in the middle of the night when JLM brought her there, I doubt anyone living in that area would have seen or noticed a thing. Also, it's been written here that only bones were found, and everyone's wondering about the decomposition and how it could have happened so quickly, does anyone think it's possible JLM returned to the site before he left for Texas, to douse the body with acid or bleach to remove DNA??

Parker basically said that JM has a toilet in his cell, he can borrow a book from the library and he takes a shower once a day. LOL

I wish this didn't bother me so much- of course, he's cooperative- he has a routine, he's secure, he knows he's getting fed- & as a result of (what I believe to be) his actions, these girls are extinguished, will never have a chance to see what they could have been, & their families will never recover. God help me, I want him to feel fear & pain & hopelessness.

Old Lynchburg Road is very dark at night, as Paulap stated, he could very easily pull into that property unnoticed. However, if he was quickly looking to "dispose" of a body :( (hate typing that) then I think this gate, just down the way could have been a possibility. What I was trying to determine from JohnTate's topo map, was what direction the creek "flows." I'm assuming it flows north in the scenario I'm proposing. See this screen shot of the gate, and the location of the stream (using the little "street view" yellow guy" as the indicator). It would have been a quick dump, her remains then proceeded to get washed down the creek with some of the heavy rains we've had. Just a though and total speculation on my part. No houses to see him pull up and a quick drop for him. Would explain why no hair too...it washed away. View attachment 61746

Based on the topo maps, the creek would flow south/south west. If you look on a topo map, where elevation contour lines cross a river, they make a vee shape in the upstream direction.

In Virginia the seller does not need to disclose if remains have been found at the property or if anyone died. If a body decomposed in a house and left a lingering order than that is a material fact which may need to be disclosed if the odor cannot be removed.

I don't know of the veracity of the generalization of this being required in "most states", but I can assure you that is not the case in VA. I am a real estate agent.

I apologize. I am not a real estate agent.

Having bought homes on opposite sides of the country, I have found the disclosures vastly different. On the East Coast, almost nothing was disclosed about the property we purchased. On the West Coast, we were told more than we ever wanted to know, including that somebody had been arrested for having sex in a car a block down the street over a year prior to the house being placed on the market. :facepalm:

Based on the topo maps, the creek would flow south/south west. If you look on a topo map, where elevation contour lines cross a river, they make a vee shape in the upstream direction.

Yeah, Johntate informed me of this flow and I abandoned that theory. :)

If that property is determined to be the scene of a brutal crime then I believe THAT is what has to be disclosed to potential buyers. Not merely that remains had been found on the property. Big difference. IMO

not sure where scattered comes from but it was a busy day at work so I am not up on breaking news apart from new charges for JM. Remains are said to have been found, skull seeming intact, length of vertebrae (were they still attached by tendon, muscle, not completely just picked over bones?) indicating tall person, black colored pants along with or nearby depending on article. All since retracted by original MSM source allegedly at request of LE.

Do we now know scattered, skeletal, etc or are we just kicking round the possibles? Thanks for any who can fill me in quick on those two questions.

just a few thoughts.....First, regarding the location of this property-I live in a part of the country quite far from the beautiful state of Virginia, but where I live there are many roads like the one off of which dear Hannah was found. If it was in the middle of the night when JLM brought her there, I doubt anyone living in that area would have seen or noticed a thing. Also, it's been written here that only bones were found, and everyone's wondering about the decomposition and how it could have happened so quickly, does anyone think it's possible JLM returned to the site before he left for Texas, to douse the body with acid or bleach to remove DNA??

He drove by that place more than once. People said that when he drove through there, it was always fast. He worked at medical building and access to medical cleaning supplies.. but I really see him as too lazy to return. The body was just off the road... so... I don't think he cared. Then again., he could have covered his tracks . It's "iffy'.

Hi Elley Mae,

Thank you for the original picture. Your picture was the one I clarified to make the gate easier to see.
If you will look at my post #667 (this thread) you will see that I left your information intact. I thank you for providing the original picture.

I posted it yesterday in the previous thread, post #121 at 12:33 p.m.

not sure where scattered comes from but it was a busy day at work so I am not up on breaking news apart from new charges for JM. Remains are said to have been found, skull seeming intact, length of vertebrae (were they still attached by tendon, muscle, not completely just picked over bones?) indicating tall person, black colored pants along with or nearby depending on article. All since retracted by original MSM source allegedly at request of LE.

Do we now know scattered, skeletal, etc or are we just kicking round the possibles? Thanks for any who can fill me in quick on those two questions.

Apparently this info is coming from Jean Cesarez of CNN:

On CNN, Jean Cesarez saying this is difficult crime scene "skeletal remains were amongst the entire field in the area, and they are basically putting together a skeleton so it is taking a long time, so the net result will be that it will be processed by the chief ME here in VA." Hmm... so not intact? or what?

A bit OT but I am always upset by the phrase "body recovered." I think we recover from illnesses, poor choices, financial losses and are able to continue on with our lives, in one condition or another. It makes me hope that I will read past the headlines and discover that the person, who was thought dead, had recovered and lives on in celebration with their loved ones.

But no; when a "body is recovered" they do not continue on. No one they ever knew continues on in the same condition.

Oh, how I wish we could use another phrase! Sorry.

I know what cattle gates and all kinds of other gates look like. I just can't see ANYTHING, much less a gate! I have no problems seeing the house, cottage, crime scene tape, vehicles, etc, but I have looked everywhere and I can't find a gate. I know it must be there, I just can't see it!

Same for me. ty

You are incorrect. I am a real estate agent, licensed in VA, and very familiar with VA disclosure requirements. Sellers do not need to disclose if property was the scene of a brutal crime.

If that property is determined to be the scene of a brutal crime then I believe THAT is what has to be disclosed to potential buyers. Not merely that remains had been found on the property. Big difference. IMO

On CNN, Jean Cesarez saying this is difficult crime scene "skeletal remains were amongst the entire field in the area, and they are basically putting together a skeleton so it is taking a long time, so the net result will be that it will be processed by the chief ME here in VA." Hmm... so not intact? or what?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You are incorrect. I am a real estate agent, licensed in VA, and very familiar with VA disclosure requirements. Sellers do not need to disclose if property was the scene of a brutal crime.

I find that amazing! Thanks for the information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne