Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ETA: This is from the NWS on 10/15:
* FLOOD WARNING FOR SMALL STREAMS IN...
WESTERN ALBEMARLE COUNTY IN CENTRAL VIRGINIA
SOUTHERN GREENE COUNTY IN CENTRAL VIRGINIA
NORTHERN NELSON COUNTY IN CENTRAL VIRGINIA

* UNTIL 415 PM EDT WEDNESDAY

* AT 1013 AM EDT...A COMBINATION OF RADAR ESTIMATES AND GROUND TRUTH
REPORTS INDICATES ONE TO THREE INCHES OF RAIN HAS FALLEN THIS
MORNING IN AREAS JUST EAST OF THE BLUE RIDGE FROM NORTHERN NELSON
COUNTY TO SOUTHWESTERN GREENE COUNTY. ADDITIONAL MODERATE RAIN IS
STREAMING INTO THESE AREAS. ALTHOUGH FLASH FLOODING IS NOT
EXPECTED DUE TO A LACK OF TORRENTIAL RAINFALL...FLOODING OF LOW
LYING AREAS AND STREAMS IS BECOMING LIKELY AS THE RAIN CONTINUES
AND FALLS ON VERY WET GROUND.

Thank you! The more I look at the terrain, and hear about the rain, I think it's more likely that she was higher up the hill and that some of her remains came down with the rain. Is that what Jinkasaurus meant with bones were spread all over the place? That would be something that Jesse Matthew did not count on. He lived in the area, so he should have known, but maybe he didn't think about decomposition and remains - only thought of a complete person that would not move with the water.

Thank you! The more I look at the terrain, and hear about the rain, I think it's more likely that she was higher up the hill and that some of her remains came down with the rain. Is that what Jinkasaurus meant with bones were spread all over the place? That would be something that Jesse Matthew did not count on. He lived in the area, so he should have known, but maybe he didn't think about decomposition and remains - only thought of a complete person that would not move with the water.
Jinkasarous - LOL![emoji3]

Is the general consensus that she was attacked in one of the buildings, or that the location was chosen as a place to hide a body?

I keep going back and forth about this and I wonder what everyone else thinks. Also have been concerned that this is where her body ended up, but only because of the rain. In that case, where exactly did the assault and murder take place? Assuming that 3193 is where JM took her, I'm inclined to think he'd prefer to attack her indoors, and he knew it was a vacant property, but that could leave such a mess and DNA everywhere. I guess it just depends on how impulsive (or stupid) he really is.

Sorry to repost, but in case anyone didn't see this earlier:
http://insidecville.com/blog/exclusive-where-hannah-was-found/

There's a good photo showing the house she was found behind, and the distance to the road. There must've been quite a significant amount of vultures perched up in the tree to the left of the cabin and circling overhead, for the landscaper to have noticed and been alarmed. That picture really makes it easier to envision what he must've seen. And, like one of the neighbors described, that cabin is straight out of a horror movie. Very creepy and desolate. JMO.

Why does each structure on the same property have its own address? From your map, it shows the small cottage to be 3193 and the main house as 3181?

Our house is on the family property of about 100 acres. Even though it is one parcel of land my in-laws have an address of that ends in 01 and ours is 71 and my little guesthouse is 77.

So on the property in question it may be that there were separate addresses because each these buildings on that property had their own account with the electric company. That would make total sense, especially if the smaller cottage was rented out.

Is the general consensus that she was attacked in one of the buildings, or that the location was chosen as a place to hide a body?

I think it all happened there, at least on the property. I don't know if he went in a building, but if he did I hope there is a lot of evidence left behind.

otto, trying to do a multi-quote here, and if successful, there is a post attached from earlier today with an idea that the dry creek bed behind the house is a small offshoot of the main Ammonette Creek. What do you think?

This is the river path in an aerial, so it looks to be more up the hill than in the other illustration.
I'll look at it again tomorrow and see if I can find the path on the hill.

Attachments

• AmmonettBranchCreek_.jpg
    AmmonettBranchCreek_.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 259
I keep going back and forth about this and I wonder what everyone else thinks. Also have been concerned that this is where her body ended up, but only because of the rain. In that case, where exactly did the assault and murder take place? Assuming that 3193 is where JM took her, I'm inclined to think he'd prefer to attack her indoors, and he knew it was a vacant property, but that could leave such a mess and DNA everywhere. I guess it just depends on how impulsive (or stupid) he really is.
I also think he would assault indoors.
We don't know the details of MH, where she was assaulted.
The Fairfax rape (oh how I LOVE that we can now talk about it as a fact!) happened outdoors, and he was content to kill that woman right in the grass (attempted murder charge)...so it's possible he would have commited the crimes all in one spot again, outdoors.

But.. he did intentionally take her to land that had an abandoned home on it... I hope it happened indoors for DNA sake.

But if I had to choose an option, I would say he did it all outdoors...purely from my own gut feeling.

Sorry to repost, but in case anyone didn't see this earlier:
http://insidecville.com/blog/exclusive-where-hannah-was-found/

There's a good photo showing the house she was found behind, and the distance to the road. There must've been quite a significant amount of vultures perched up in the tree to the left of the cabin and circling overhead, for the landscaper to have noticed and been alarmed. That picture really makes it easier to envision what he must've seen. And, like one of the neighbors described, that cabin is straight out of a horror movie. Very creepy and desolate. JMO.

If you put that in Google Earth and go down to street view, you can pan 360 degrees and realize that from anywhere on that property including the driveway, no one could have seen anything. Really creepy.

For example, looking down the hill, it is marked on the Google Earth here:

Attachments

• AmmonettHill.jpg
    AmmonettHill.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 88
  • AmmonettBranchCreek_.jpg
    AmmonettBranchCreek_.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 71
Just did a Google map drive through. (Easier for me to see vs. aerial view.) You can clearly see red clay around driveway and other homes. This will be important for LE to check on his car and tires.

I used to take my dog to shows in Cville and my dog's breeder hated showing here because of the clay soil making Westies' beards so stained. So seeing this clay, I have to wonder about a shallow grave. It takes a while for me to simply dig through the clay to plant a hydrangea in summer. If he did try to bury, it would be haphazard and shallow.

Still have an odd feeling about the house itself. You can see a side basement door that could easily be accessible.

I also think he would assault indoors.
We don't know the details of MH, where she was assaulted.
The Fairfax rape (oh how I LOVE that we can now talk about it as a fact!) happened outdoors, and he was content to kill that woman right in the grass (attempted murder charge)...so it's possible he would have commited the crimes all in one spot again, outdoors.

But.. he did intentionally take her to land that had an abandoned home on it... I hope it happened indoors for DNA sake.

But if I had to choose an option, I would say he did it all outdoors...purely from my own gut feeling.

I think that Hannah was probably assaulted as soon as she was in the car, but was that the end of it?

There's a second smaller drainage that empties into Ammonett almost directly behind the main house. I suspect it does not always run wet. That could possibly be the dry bed they referred to. It's the one I show in red here.

View attachment 61773

This is the river path in an aerial, so it looks to be more up the hill than in the other illustration.
I'll look at it again tomorrow and see if I can find the path on the hill.

otto, attached is another view of the concept of the feeder creek.

Why does each structure on the same property have its own address? From your map, it shows the small cottage to be 3193 and the main house as 3181?

If you go to google street map and "drive" down the street to the cottage, there is a mailbox in front of the cottage and the cottage has its own driveway too (which is more secluded and I think that's where he pulled his car in). jmo

I think that Hannah was probably assaulted as soon as she was in the car, but was that the end of it?

I disagree, as they don't have murder or even assault charges (yet). I think she was unconscious in the car and assaulted when he dragged her out of it.

Do you mean in the car, parked at the mall? That quickly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC