Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I tracked down some different aerial photography from autumn or winter (no leaves on the trees!). The stream is definitely clearer on these photos. They're the same photo but one is zoomed in further.

View attachment 61903
View attachment 61902

Thanks for those pics. Using your close-up I indicated in red what appears to be the road through the gate (black) and where it crosses the creek. (blue)

Attachments

• Lynchburh gate.jpg
    Lynchburh gate.jpg
    293.1 KB · Views: 466
I wonder how far out of a radius that LE might be expanding their search from the initial locale . It's probably not the only vacant/abandoned property along Old Lynchburg...

Someone yesterday posted the Albermarle county property records link (JohnTate maybe??). Very useful. There are certainly other vacant properties. As well as properties whose owners share unique last names with FB contacts of LJ (mods, please tell me if that is not okay to post).

If anyone has that link, can you post again?

If the cause of death was believed to be strangulation would a skeleton, even intact, reveal those results?

The Fairfax victim was being strangled until the perp panicked.

LE may have reason to believe that MH was strangled as well?

If thats the case, then I dont see how an ME could make that determination.

The hyoid bone may or may not be fractured in strangulations (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8934706), so the remains may not always reveal of the cause of death. It is possible to fracture the hyoid bone when being strangled and not die as a result of the strangulation. I don't know if the Fairfax victim would have had any x-rays done that might reveal whether her hyoid bone was fractured when JM attacked her.

I find it interesting that the officer who discovered the remains claimed the skeleton was in tact and now we're hearing reports that they were "scattered." Even if it is a situation where there are possible multiple victims' remains on the property, just sending a skull to the ME doesn't seem good protocol, especially considering that the ME is tasked with doing more than just determining identity.

He obviously had checked this area out prior to hannah going missing.. We look at a place and say Oh look an abandoned property he looks at a place and says Oh look a perfect place to hide a body.

Its called a mental Map!
He knows the place. Saw the place
Remembered the place

According to recent information, that is not the creek bed where the remains were located.

Are you referring to the red circle pic labeled as remains found here? If so, I believe that red circle was for general info, not an exact pinpointed location. The reporter who sent that red circle pic out said on twitter when questioned, that he meant the body was found behind the house, in the woods, so I don't he has a pinpoint location and probably doesn't have any better idea than we do. jmo

Well, you know... If they found an arm bone that wouldn't theoretically indicate a death... Just a missing arm bone (bear with me....). A skull would most definitely indicate this person is deceased.

So sending the skull does two things: possibly provides teeth for identification and also proves a death.

(Been watching too much walking dead)....

It also seems to me its possible they found one fairly intact skeleton and many other bones... Indicating other victims.

It may be a cliche or stereotype but there is often a modicum of truth to be found inside. Ive heard MANY brits, even famous ones, acknowledge the hereditary link to poor teeth.

& I'm one of them. A bit OT: as an expat Brit, I've experienced dentistry in several countries. A decent dentist can often identify which procedure was done on which continent without me saying. My dental problems are linked not to being British, per se, but to genetic causes present worldwide.

I just think it's all a bit of a red herring/OT as far as the identification of HG's remains is concerned. She lived in the States from the age of 5. Her photos show nice teeth. I would be inclined to suspect US dental records exist.

Sorry for going OT.

Well, It's true that CBS alleges unnamed police sources have said the body is that of Hannah. Whether that information is correct we will only know once LE officially confirms. So far they have not. FWIW, I do believe it will eventually be confirmed to be Hannah :(

Here is a better source (not a personal fan of the examiner for facts)

CBS19's Rachel Ryan was first to report police found a female body Saturday afternoon. Two separate law enforcement officials have confirmed to CBS19 the body is that of Graham.

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/Police-Sources-Hannah-Grahams-Body-Found-279677712.html

What an old-fashioned cliche/stereotype :(. & anyway, Hannah had lived in the US since she was 5.

Meant no offense - I'm of British descent and had to wear braces, but got my skin from the 'other side' of the family. No English Rose here. :(

Jmo and maybe OT but since they had DNA in Morgan's, reducing the chances of a false confession they can't get past, I hope they did release as much as they had as to possible suspects, i.e if a taxi driver really WAS seen with her and if there was a description of him, or even cause of death if it could have made someone out there come forward about an ex or BF with a tendency to strangle, etc...(just an example.) i have seen a lot of cases where exs testify about this after the fact (when someone else has been murdered or perp finally arrested) but wonder if some might have come forward sooner if LE had put some facts out there. Jmo

Agree! OT Does anyone recall if the FBI's profile was released regarding MH's killer? I've searched around for it, but cannot find one.

There's an obvious dirt road at the red arrows. You can even make out each separate tire path. Another possible road marked by green.

Graham-17.jpg

You are absolutely correct! After I chose it and made my first post, I was afraid some would think it meant I was "A Local", LOL

A little levity amongst all this sadness is very needed--thanks! Too funny! I've almost been mistaken for Matt Lauer:). And while we're at it, guys, (considering some of the discussion today): let's all just take a deep breath. This case has affected all of us, and it would be almost abnormal if we didn't have a few little cyberspats along the way.... So Hillbilly, I say as a fellow southerner, "Git on back, ya heah?"

And calling out Phoebeb: Been meaning to tell you for a long time, your avatar and signature are hysterical! I don't know about the freeze pop, but I think I could use a martini right about now...(is it 5 o'clock yet?)

Jmo and maybe OT but since they had DNA in Morgan's, reducing the chances of a false confession they can't get past, I hope they did release as much as they had as to possible suspects, i.e if a taxi driver really WAS seen with her and if there was a description of him, or even cause of death if it could have made someone out there come forward about an ex or BF with a tendency to strangle, etc...(just an example.) i have seen a lot of cases where exs testify about this after the fact (when someone else has been murdered or perp finally arrested) but wonder if some might have come forward sooner if LE had put some facts out there. Jmo

Agree! OT Does anyone recall if the FBI's profile was released regarding MH's killer? I've searched around for it, but cannot find one.

Its called a mental Map!
He knows the place. Saw the place
Remembered the place
It was also said that his apartment was listed because he was moving...maybe he seen this familiar place empty and checked it out. The two listings for 3193 OL rd also was updates on Sept 2014 and says the cabin was being rented .... idk its all so confusing.

Meant no offense - I'm of British descent and had to wear braces, but got my skin from the 'other side' of the family. No English Rose here. :(

Neither did I, & none taken; I just thought we might be getting a bit OT :).

You are absolutely correct! After I chose it and made my first post, I was afraid some would think it meant I was "A Local", LOL

A little levity amongst all this sadness is very needed--thanks! Too funny! I've almost been mistaken for Matt Lauer:). And while we're at it, guys, (considering some of the discussion today): let's all just take a deep breath. This case has affected all of us, and it would be almost abnormal if we didn't have a few little cyberspats along the way.... So Hillbilly, I say as a fellow southerner, "Git on back, ya heah?"

And calling out Phoebeb: Been meaning to tell you for a long time, your avatar and signature are hysterical! I don't know about the freeze pop, but I think I could use a martini right about now...(is it 5 o'clock yet?)

Marlena Baldacci ‏@MarlenaCNN 2m2 minutes ago
Skeletal remains found in search for #HannahGraham still at crime scene, after they've been removed, investigators will dig for more #CNN

Marlena Baldacci @MarlenaCNN · 2m 2 minutes ago
According to a police source, investigators are looking in the area to see if this is a dumping ground for bodies, from @JeanCasarezCNN #CNN

https://twitter.com/MarlenaCNN
If this is true, it really bothers me. Why would they still be out there? What forensic advantage could there be? Why wouldn't you carefully and methodically grid, remove, bag and mark any remains and trace evidence in proximity? You can always continue to sift and search, but why leave them there? I hope this is inaccurate.

If this is true, it really bothers me. Why would they still be out there? What forensic advantage could there be? Why wouldn't you carefully and methodically grid, remove, bag and mark any remains and trace evidence in proximity? You can always continue to sift and search, but why leave them there? I hope this is inaccurate.

It was stated by CNN that they only removed the skull. I'm thinking it's because there are more bones then there should be. JMO In other words there may be more bodies there, but if that's true where are the other skulls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CPomerleau