Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
EHE. It's an amazing thing she got away. Thank goodness she survived and is brave enough to share it with LE!

I feel so bad for her family and the students of UVA holding a candle lite vigil for Hannah tonight. I wonder if her parents will attend? If only we knew it's Hannah.

He was seen out there at the Trading Post store sometime after he killed Hannah, which is on the same road. No telling
what he did. I wish they'd had a GPS on his car then.... but I'm not sure if they were even aware who he was at that stage.
I recall this. Did they ever say what he bought there? Questioning if he bought supplies to deal with the body :(

MOD NOTE: Leave the Facebook garbage on Facebook. We are NOT sleuthing JLM's family.

Thanks.

I'm not sure what this is about, but assuming a relative had legal issues that are public record, why would we not be allowed to discuss that? I'm not trying to be argumentative - just want to understand the reason behind the rule.

EHE. It's an amazing thing she got away. Thank goodness she survived and is brave enough to share it with LE!

Yeah no kidding, I'll know more this weekend when I see my friend at mutual sports activities but I believe it was before MH, don't quote me on that. Yet. :) cville is a small town and what kind of bugs me but I'm also thankful for is that people are letting info out that probs shouldn't be bc they wanna be "in the know" while My impatient deeply concerned/obsessed side wants more, I want this monster brought to justice, no hiccups. It's a fine line.

Surely that's too many cars!?? No disrespect to Hannah, of course, but why so many units at the scene for "just" one body? I know they're doing forensics, I appreciate they have to get it right but surely - surely! - there has to be something bigger going on here.....??

I don't even really know what a hinky-meter is but I think mine is going off!

I noticed lots of vehicles, but very few people visible, and more interesting, no tents set up like what was pictured at Morgan Harringtons's recovery site.

Seriously EHE, that story, even if you strip down any embellishments that could be made is terrifying! Glad she spoke and is speaking with the cops now!

Part of me thinks there is only one body, and that if killed others they would be scattered about in places similar to these, but part of me hopes a lot of missing women get their names back.

He was seen out there at the Trading Post store sometime after he killed Hannah, which is on the same road. No telling
what he did. I wish they'd had a GPS on his car then.... but I'm not sure if they were even aware who he was at that stage.

He was? When was that?
They need to search the whole area from where MH was all over to HG. Like someone else said..just put a compass on the map of his old home and draw a big circle and search it.
They probably have.
Hopefully decent searching weather will continue.

And the post(s) about the skeletons...I've been thinking the same all day since yesterday. horrible.

Basically we don't know what the ME has found---while I suspect strangulation was the COD--big freak ANGRY GUYS like the alleged perp like that feeling of power and control as the victim dies in their hands--- a knife could have been involved--During a stabbing the knife will leave marks when it strikes bone--so basically they are looking for anything that might be remotely connected to this case..So go LE but this lack of an official ID is driving me crazy !!!!

I believe they roost in tall trees or carved out areas of dead trees. I'm sure others with more knowledge than me can weigh in.

OT, but I went behind my office to look at a creek which is similar to where they are searching. There are so many leaves. I even hard time focusing on one spot because of the branches, tall grass, leaves, rocks. As a poster just said, these searchers are doing an amazing job. Clues are so hard to find in this sort of terrain.

More abundant in lowlands and commonly roost near water.

Ananda Rochita ‏@AnandaRochita 9m9 minutes ago

Officials all parked in front of abandoned property where remains were found while searching for #HannahGraham @wsls

I'm not sure what this is about, but assuming a relative had legal issues that are public record, why would we not be allowed to discuss that? I'm not trying to be argumentative - just want to understand the reason behind the rule.

Only if relative is a POI.

The criminal record of a friend or family member of a POI/alleged perpetrator has no relevance to this case. TOS is that we don't sleuth ANYONE that has not been named a person of interest in a case. Partly to protect victims (including family and friends of victims), and my guess is partly to keep WS from being slapped with a lawsuit.

Our moderator doesn't want any further mention of how various people in different parts of the country/world pronounce the name, "Graham." Bessie was quite clear about that upthread. . . .

Thanks!

Yeah no kidding, I'll know more this weekend when I see my friend at mutual sports activities but I believe it was before MH, don't quote me on that. Yet. :) cville is a small town and what kind of bugs me but I'm also thankful for is that people are letting info out that probs shouldn't be bc they wanna be "in the know" while My impatient deeply concerned/obsessed side wants more, I want this monster brought to justice, no hiccups. It's a fine line.

Here here, EHE. Agreed!

From Charlottesville Multisports FB page:

To the participants and spectators of the Wisdom Oak Winery Triathlon: You likely have heard through media sources a UVA college student, Hannah Graham, was reported missing on September 13, 2014. Hannah was last seen on September 12, in Charlottesville Va. This past week, human remains were located in a rural area just off the 3100 block of Old Lynchburg Road. This roadway was a part of the cycling portion of the triathlon. When competing, as you cycled out of the park and made a left, you would have cycled through this area about one mile from the park and then returned through the area just before you made a right turn back into the park before the running portion. The event took place before anyone knew Hannah was missing. If any racer noticed anything unusual in the area of Old Lynchburg Road on the morning of September 13, 2014 to include a burnt orange Chrysler Sebring you are encouraged to contact the Hannah Graham tip line at 434-295-3851 or 434-970-3280. Thank you considering this information. –Albemarle County Police

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Charlottesville-Multisports/154795559159?ref=stream&fref=nf

Two things: yay my first post, like so many, this case has touched my heart, and consumed my every thought. Not only because of the close vicinity to where HG was last seen to my place of employment, but as a mother to a young girl.

So 1st, I FIRMLY believe, there will be a ton of evidence and possible bodies found in that area. A friend of a friend was out with a group of girlfriends about 5 years ago, on the DT Mall, they dispersed to their separate cars at the end of the evening, and along comes a cabbie who says to the woman "Ma'am yoou oprobably shouldn't drive, I can give you a ride home and make sure you're safe", she agrees b/c she thinks to herself "wow I must've had more than I thought and am stumbling, maybe I shouldn't drive." She gets in the cab and nothing seems out of the ordinary until she realizes she never gave him her home address, she plays it cool until he comes to a stop at, where else? Walnut Creek Park. She escapes into the woods. He waited and looked for her for 2 hours. This is word of mouth from 3 people down the line, so could it be embellished? Probably, but if the core is true, which I have no reason to believe it wouldn't be...WOW. She did call police, gave description etc. and has been recently speaking to them again since HG's disappearance.

Secondly, the local who called in the "buzzards" tip at 3193 Old Lynchburg, was an avid hunter, he stated the type of birds he saw were the type that could kill a newborn calf, so as far as the rate of decomposition, it could very well be her. I also am very confident they have way more evidence to have come to the conclusion that it was Hannah. I do wonder about the hair....but we had VERY heavy rains the week before which could explain?

Thirdly, I believe once they took his vehicle, they found something more to connect him to MH

My two (three) cents, my opinions are of my own, and am relaying what I've heard.

Thank you for your post, EHE, and for the disturbing account of someone who could indeed have encountered JM. Surely alot of similarities - cabbie, intoxicated woman, DTM to Walnut Creek Park.

Chilling.

Could her encounter give us insight into Hannah's case, in that Matthews drove directly to the Park? Maybe this is where he commits the crime, then later moves his victim to neighboring unoccupied properties to hide them. In any event, sure glad the girl you spoke of outsmarted him. So frightening that he persisted in searching for her for two hours. My heart is in my mouth just thinking about it. As well, so glad she reported it to LE. Her ordeal reveals alot of info about how he operates and where.

Being a map nerd.

Here is one photo of LE doing a search "2 miles" from where the remains were found.
https://twitter.com/hashtag/HannahGraham?src=hash

If you do the google street view about 2 miles away, it looks like this could have been taken near the church at the corner of old lynchburg and red hill. But, of course, I could be wrong. There just don't seem to be too many chain link fences around there.

https://www.google.com/maps/@37.941...!1e1!3m2!1slsjLJjiH9Hk02z36mKp9-w!2e0!6m1!1e1

You may have missed an earlier post that Red Hill Rd was actually being searched along with photos of the search.

I wonder if they are searching for something specific of hers. Seems like that area would have already been searched IMO. Also, whywould the state police do the searching and not sheriffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member