Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely that's too many cars!?? No disrespect to Hannah, of course, but why so many units at the scene for "just" one body? I know they're doing forensics, I appreciate they have to get it right but surely - surely! - there has to be something bigger going on here.....??

I don't even really know what a hinky-meter is but I think mine is going off!

I did post a tweet yesterday that said (paraphrasing) "sources said they were considering the site a body dumping ground" words to that affect. I'll go find it.

Here it is http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?260063-Hannah-Graham-Body-Recovered-18-Oct-2014-**Awaiting-Forensic-Confirmation**-4&p=11113927#post11113927

Marlena Baldacci ‏@MarlenaCNN 2m2 minutes ago
Skeletal remains found in search for #HannahGraham still at crime scene, after they've been removed, investigators will dig for more #CNN

Marlena Baldacci @MarlenaCNN · 2m 2 minutes ago
According to a police source, investigators are looking in the area to see if this is a dumping ground for bodies, from @JeanCasarezCNN #CNN

https://twitter.com/MarlenaCNN

This would explain the amount of cars IMO.

Surely that's too many cars!?? No disrespect to Hannah, of course, but why so many units at the scene for "just" one body? I know they're doing forensics, I appreciate they have to get it right but surely - surely! - there has to be something bigger going on here.....??

There was about the same if not more when Caylee was found.... I don't think its anything out of the ordinary. Think about it, LE usually are 1 to a car anyway...

JMO

http://situationroom.blogs.cnn.com/2014/10/21/skull-examined-in-hannah-graham-case/?iref=allsearch
Brian Todd reports on what investigators are doing with remains discovered in the search for Hannah Graham.

At about 1:26 in the video at this link, there's a statement by Jeffrey Ban of the Va Dept of Forensic Science about the clothes found with the remains. He's actually talking about retrieving DNA from clothing, and an "AHA" effect of finding DNA that shouldn't be there. I get the impression that he is speaking in a general way about evidence collection, especially DNA on skeletal remains and clothing. Then in what sorta seems like a separate, second statement, he says, "the bloody clothes were found out in the woods, so they've been sitting out in the environment for a long time, so you've got degradation, you've got sun, you've got moisture, you've got chemical...thing...you know, that could cause degradation..." and that's where the video ends.

Do you get the impression that he is speaking generally or specifically in the second statement? The reason I ask is because if he's speaking specifically, he's just told us that the clothes found with the remains are bloody. And I think another poster mentioned earlier this week that he may have slipped when he started to speak about the "chemical...thing." He does hesitate fairly noticeably there.

At about 1:26 in the video at this link, there's a statement by Jeffrey Ban of the Va Dept of Forensic Science about the clothes found with the remains. He's actually talking about retrieving DNA from clothing, and an "AHA" effect of finding DNA that shouldn't be there. I get the impression that he is speaking in a general way about evidence collection, especially DNA on skeletal remains and clothing. Then in what sorta seems like a separate, second statement, he says, "the bloody clothes were found out in the woods, so they've been sitting out in the environment for a long time, so you've got degradation, you've got sun, you've got moisture, you've got chemical...thing...you know, that could cause degradation..." and that's where the video ends.

Do you get the impression that he is speaking generally or specifically in the second statement? The reason I ask is because if he's speaking specifically, he's just told us that the clothes found with the remains are bloody. And I think another poster mentioned earlier this week that he may have slipped when he started to speak about the "chemical...thing." He does hesitate fairly noticeably there.

Sounds general to me. Spliced to highlight certain comments. I feel pretty strongly that he was not speaking about this case specifically.

Is that a recent shot of the police cars? It looks the same as it did on Sunday. JMO

AMEN!!! I think the media is trying to fill the dead space while we wait for the autopsy report with anything even remotely related. "Oh, let's talk to the guy who found the shirt!"

So to get this post back on topic . . .

I am extremely worried that it's now Wednesday afternoon in VA and we still don't have confirmation of identification. Morgan's body was exposed for much longer and was ID'ed faster. I really feel like there is something odd going on here. :(

And in Indiana, they've id'ed at least 4 out of 7 bodies found over the weekend by, what, yesterday? I know some of those just died, but at least one of them they've identified has been missing since last December.

Virginia State Police are combing the shoulders of Old Lynchburg Road, up to two miles away from the discovered cadaver's location, reportedly. Here's a link to the video. It looks like they suspect something was thrown out of the car.

https://www.facebook.com/wsls10/photos/pcb.10152953291057176/10152953290767176/?type=1&theater

Photos of the search area. I see LOTS of police vehicles, but no people!

I just noticed that if you go to the picture you've posted, it is actually an album. It contains 4 pictures. In the 3rd picture you can see people and vehicles up on the property centered between the original property and the neighbors. They have driven up onto the lawn. This is hidden in the other views.

...Respectfully snipped for space...

FWIW, I thought he said "Maybe the bloody clothes were found out in the woods..." so that sounds more generalized to me.

You may have VSP, Charlottesville, Albemarle Co., FBI officers involved in this.

AMEN!!! I think the media is trying to fill the dead space while we wait for the autopsy report with anything even remotely related. "Oh, let's talk to the guy who found the shirt!"

I am extremely worried that it's now Wednesday afternoon in VA and we still don't have confirmation of identification. Morgan's body was exposed for much longer and was ID'ed faster. I really feel like there is something odd going on here. :(

One important thing to note is WE don't have a positive ID that doesn't mean one hasn't been made.

What could be going on that's odd?

- not HG

- Some bones were HG, and some were from someone else (imagine if JM constructed a skeleton made up of bones from 6-7 different women? An arm bone from one, a leg bone from another, etc. Sick thought).

- they are waiting from the MEs office, too, and want to get as much evidence from the scene as possible.

I suspect they have found evidence that this is a dumping ground, either from multiple bodies or other evidence, like DNA found in the buildings...

Do we know if LE has gone into the structures to seek evidence?

... I suspect they have found evidence that this is a dumping ground, either from multiple bodies or other evidence, like DNA found in the buildings...

I can't help but think this, too. The scope of the ongoing search is HUGE, and has ranged far afield from the site where remains were found. <total_speculation> Perhaps they already know that the remains aren't HG, but those of another of LJM's possible victims, and they're hoping to find HG's remains elsewhere in this "dumping ground"... Ugh. </total_speculation>

FWIW, I thought he said "Maybe the bloody clothes were found out in the woods..." so that sounds more generalized to me.

It sounds to me like he starts out being general and then realized he was heading in a bad direction. Like maybe his general example was too close to the truth, or something. Or maybe he just lost his train of thought.

It could also be cut and edited.

I can't help but think this, too. The scope of the ongoing search is HUGE, and has ranged far afield from the site where remains were found. <total_speculation> Perhaps they already know that the remains aren't HG, but those of another of LJM's possible victims, and they're hoping to find HG's remains elsewhere in this "dumping ground"... Ugh. </total_speculation>
Interesting thought!

It's weird seeing all the skeleton decorations all over the place, thinking about this case where an actual skeleton has been found. Too close to Halloween for me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand