Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two things: yay my first post, like so many, this case has touched my heart, and consumed my every thought. Not only because of the close vicinity to where HG was last seen to my place of employment, but as a mother to a young girl.

So 1st, I FIRMLY believe, there will be a ton of evidence and possible bodies found in that area. A friend of a friend was out with a group of girlfriends about 5 years ago, on the DT Mall, they dispersed to their separate cars at the end of the evening, and along comes a cabbie who says to the woman "Ma'am you probably shouldn't drive, I can give you a ride home and make sure you're safe", she agrees b/c she thinks to herself "wow I must've had more than I thought and am stumbling, maybe I shouldn't drive." She gets in the cab and nothing seems out of the ordinary until she realizes she never gave him her home address, she plays it cool until he comes to a stop at, where else? Walnut Creek Park. She escapes into the woods. He waited and looked for her for 2 hours. This is word of mouth from 3 people down the line, so could it be embellished? Probably, but if the core is true, which I have no reason to believe it wouldn't be...WOW. She did call police, gave description etc. and has been recently speaking to them again since HG's disappearance.

Secondly, the local who called in the "buzzards" tip at 3193 Old Lynchburg, was an avid hunter, he stated the type of birds he saw were the type that could kill a newborn calf, so as far as the rate of decomposition, it could very well be her. I also am very confident they have way more evidence to have come to the conclusion that it was Hannah. I do wonder about the hair....but we had VERY heavy rains the week before which could explain?

Thirdly, I believe once they took his vehicle, they found something more to connect him to MH

My two (three) cents, my opinions are of my own, and am relaying what I've heard.

If this is true and she reported this to police, I wonder if this tip combined with the cell phone ping are the reason they honed in on the park about a week ago.

:wagon: to Websleuths and your very first post EHE :)

@FloydYarmuthCNN 1h1 hour ago
Searchers today looking for "evidence" related to #HannahGraham 2 miles from where remains were found. #CNN

Hmm...2 miles away? I wonder where?

On the side of the road? Perhaps he threw some things out of the window of his car, either on the way to OL Rd. or on his way home.

that is true, but part of questioning during a trial puts emphasis on what the evidence provides in tandem with eye-witness testimony. If he said something or made an assumption on something without truly understanding what he was looking at, it could appear like they are not being consistent with information in a court room. For example, what if they didn't find pants at all? What if that was actual something else? He creates room for the LE to need to explain themselves if anything contradicts this original officers "eye-witness" account.

EDIT: This was in response to the media snipping the information provided to them by the trained officer who we were told could compromise the investigation.

Or, the remains may be Hannah but the object of clothing isn't hers. Or vice versa.

I get that they were searching for Hannah. I get that they were searching for her belongings. But to assume the body is her, or that the clothing is hers, and then making a public statement that connects those in the viewers minds would not be good if either turns out to be unconnected to Hannah. Only forensics will determine that. And only Longo or the chief of VA police should make statements about them.

Why give the defense attorney any scrap that can be used to cast doubt?

MOD NOTE: Leave the Facebook garbage on Facebook. We are NOT sleuthing JLM's family.

Thanks.

Two things: yay my first post, like so many, this case has touched my heart, and consumed my every thought. Not only because of the close vicinity to where HG was last seen to my place of employment, but as a mother to a young girl.

So 1st, I FIRMLY believe, there will be a ton of evidence and possible bodies found in that area. A friend of a friend was out with a group of girlfriends about 5 years ago, on the DT Mall, they dispersed to their separate cars at the end of the evening, and along comes a cabbie who says to the woman "Ma'am you probably shouldn't drive, I can give you a ride home and make sure you're safe", she agrees b/c she thinks to herself "wow I must've had more than I thought and am stumbling, maybe I shouldn't drive." She gets in the cab and nothing seems out of the ordinary until she realizes she never gave him her home address, she plays it cool until he comes to a stop at, where else? Walnut Creek Park. She escapes into the woods. He waited and looked for her for 2 hours. This is word of mouth from 3 people down the line, so could it be embellished? Probably, but if the core is true, which I have no reason to believe it wouldn't be...WOW. She did call police, gave description etc. and has been recently speaking to them again since HG's disappearance.

Secondly, the local who called in the "buzzards" tip at 3193 Old Lynchburg, was an avid hunter, he stated the type of birds he saw were the type that could kill a newborn calf, so as far as the rate of decomposition, it could very well be her. I also am very confident they have way more evidence to have come to the conclusion that it was Hannah. I do wonder about the hair....but we had VERY heavy rains the week before which could explain?

Thirdly, I believe once they took his vehicle, they found something more to connect him to MH

My two (three) cents, my opinions are of my own, and am relaying what I've heard.

That is one hell of a first post.

Was this before or after MH disappeared?

O/T but relevant to posting on proper threads...

Since we are all sitting here twiddling our typing fingers waiting for some news, can someone tell me how to move a post to another thread? If I wanted to comment on something, can I move the original post to the proper thread before replying or does a mod have to do that? TIA!

O/T but relevant to posting on proper threads...

Since we are all sitting here twiddling our typing fingers waiting for some news, can someone tell me how to move a post to another thread? If I wanted to comment on something, can I move the original post to the proper thread before replying or does a mod have to do that? TIA!
Members cannot move posts. You can copy the post, and comment that you will reply in the appropriate thread. Then name or link the thread.

Thanks for asking. I've run out of patience with the off topic posts, and will have to resort to issuing time outs.

This seemingly endless delay in getting the autopsy/ID report is really wearing on me, a member of the UVa community and a resident of a south Fifth St. neighborhood near Old Lynchburg road. I can just imagine what it's doing to Hannah's family and friends. C'mon, already!

This seemingly endless delay in getting the autopsy/ID report is really wearing on me, a member of the UVa community and a resident of a south Fifth St. neighborhood near Old Lynchburg road. I can just imagine what it's doing to Hannah's family and friends. C'mon, already!

Me too.... It is wearing on me greatly. You and I must be darn near neighbors!

Members cannot move posts. You can copy the post, and comment that you will reply in the appropriate thread. Then name or link the thread.

Thanks for asking. I've run out of patience with the off topic posts, and will have to resort to issuing time outs.

Thank you. Just trying to get my proper etiquette on....

I thought it was said that her father came to the scene?

I am sure Longo told them the condition the body was in.

IMO

I recall hearing that on Saturday as well. I heard that Longo took Mr. Graham out to the scene before the discovery of Hannah's remains became public knowledge.

Thank you for posting this because I was beginning to wonder if anyone else had heard that in the beginning besides me.

That is a LOT of police cars! Since the road will be closed until Friday, I am assuming we won't hear any concrete news on whether or not the remains are HG's, until Friday. Then, I believe we'll hear about other remains being found there as well.

Surely that's too many cars!?? No disrespect to Hannah, of course, but why so many units at the scene for "just" one body? I know they're doing forensics, I appreciate they have to get it right but surely - surely! - there has to be something bigger going on here.....??

I don't even really know what a hinky-meter is but I think mine is going off!

Maybe you answered this already, do you know if she reported this to police?
Also, did she ID JM as the driver? I hope she has reported this chilling encounter.

Surely that's too many cars!?? No disrespect to Hannah, of course, but why so many units at the scene for "just" one body? I know they're doing forensics, I appreciate they have to get it right but surely - surely! - there has to be something bigger going on here.....??

I don't even really know what a hinky-meter is but I think mine is going off!

My HINKY METER is going wild right now (((group hug)))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove