Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if you have access to secluded areas like JM did, in the woods you think about possible areas to do whatever it is you like doing. Could be hunting, camping, finding a place to smoke pot, take girlfriends, or as he got older probably started thinking of more nefarious things that most of us would not think of.

I used to go running a lot. Once I used to live in the DC area and there was a nice walking/jogging trail by my apartment. I went running there once and it freaked me out cuz it looked like you could easily hide a dead body there. A few years later, presto..Chandra Levy.
oh em gee

As a semi-pro photographer I'm always noticing the scenery around me..looking for a great "shot." I'm sure people like JM are always looking at the scenery too...thinking what a great spot to get rid of a body.
gross

I don't believe the remains are those of AM, and I hope I am correct. We knew the DNA testing was going to be done at the request of RAT's attorney, and the way the media put this out right now would instantly make our brain think, "whoaaa, there really is a tie to AM", but suppose a body wasn't found last weekend? We would have the same opinions we have had for several months regarding JMs involvement with AM, and I know we all have differing opinions on that. I think the timing of everything is playing with our psyche, and I hope I am right.

ok I'm actually gonna try to go do something with my day today...not sure how long I can stay away. ;)
Tick tock tick tock...lol

This is a great place, with good people and great moderators. I've read here a lot over the years but could never get my account to work til now. I think you all are really helpful people and that can make all the difference.
Have a great day everyone.

I was looking at the possible routes from Tempo to 3193 Old Lynchburg Road. As I recall, somebody said after they left tempo, they headed toward the mall and turned right. I'll guess at his car being around the intersection of East Market and 8th Street NE since there appear to be several parking lots. At this point, it doesn't matter that much for time estimates unless he parked waaaay off.

Google Maps gives a pretty straight shot of about 12 miles in 22 minutes to the body site. If they were last seen around 1:20 leaving Tempo and it took maybe five minutes to get to the car and pull out, then they couldn't have arrived at the site much before 1:50. I'd tend to assume he drove fairly legal to avoid police.

Google gives a second route that goes down State Road 20 most of the way but the time estimate is still only 23 minutes.

Returning home is around 21 minutes (US 29) or 22 minutes (Old Lynchburg Road) for JM.

I believe LE said JLM's car was parked on 4th street. That is possibly where Hannah was rushing to get a ride he may have offered.

It seems unlikely that they really believe that haven't found HG at this point. Otherwise, wouldn't they want to re-start the search ASAP so they can locate her before in as early a condition as possible?

@FloydYarmuthCNN 1h1 hour ago
Searchers today looking for "evidence" related to #HannahGraham 2 miles from where remains were found. #CNN

Hmm...2 miles away? I wonder where?

Searchers today looking for "evidence" related to #HannahGraham 2 miles from where remains were found. #CNN

Wonder why 2 miles? That's kinda crazy, although I'm sure there is a reason for it.

No. It is a rumor born from speculation about the delay in making an ID.

By the way, the media thread serves as an excellent source for facts. However, if anyone is willing to volunteer to maintain a list of quick facts, we can open a sticky for that purpose.

My speculation for the reason for the delay is:

1: They checked dental records and determined by them that it was Hannah's body. They feel confident of that, enough so that they are not continuing a search for Hannah's body. I assume that they told Hannah's parents that news.

2: However, since DNA tests take identification to a whole new level of certainty, they are waiting on the results of the DNA tests to make an official announcement.

3: And, since they have a moral certainty as to who they have found, and the alleged perpetrator is in custody, they have no need to expedite the DNA tests ahead of other cases. (Note that the other cases might actually be more 'important', in that they might need those results in order to make arrests, etc.)

Wonder why 2 miles? That's kinda crazy, although I'm sure there is a reason for it.

Are they restarting their search? Did JM speak? Are the remains just that scattered? Wish we knew where this location is....too many questions now.

This thread is temporarily closed for clean up. Some of you should use the time to seek out the appropriate threads for your posts while you still have posting privileges.

The thread is re-opened. Quite a few posts were removed for being off topic. It's a shame because some were very good.

It is taking longer than I had thought it would. Hoping we here something today.

The park is about 1.5 miles from where the remains were located. Saturday evening, poster Otto noted and posted photos of what appeared to be crime scene tape and CSI vehicles right by the entrance and gate house of the park. It seemed to be an important area at the time. Perhaps that is the area where searchers are concentrating today. JMO

I think the park entrance where yellow tape has been seen in photos could be about 2 miles away.

The park is about 1.5 miles from where the remains were located. Saturday evening, poster Otto noted and posted photos of what appeared to be crime scene tape and CSI vehicles right by the entrance and gate house of the park. It seemed to be an important area at the time. Perhaps that is the area where searchers are concentrating today. JMO

That's what I'm wondering. It says 2 miles. Didn't Otto say that the command center was 3 something miles from 3193? How about the first location the command center was set up. Does anyone know or remember exactly how far that is from 3193?

Well as I posted yesterday, it took 8 days to identify Caylee Anthony, she only had skeletal remains as well so trying to ID can be a little harder than expected. Im just hoping if the buzzards were around they couldn't reach everywhere and there was a few places with any tissue

Shirt, shoes, cell phone could be things that they are looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove