Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The shallow grave, must have been really shallow if someone was smelling something that strongly as the article says.

For some reason, that looks like an historic property to me.

That is interesting, I would have expected vultures and the other signs to have started occurring weeks ago.

Perhaps that is further proof she was IN a structure then? Kept the smell from getting too far from the site and the vultures at bay?

Honey, a girl has been missing for 35 days. Suspect has ties to this area. It smells bad and vultures are circling outside. Lets close the windows.

Friggin idiots

;) You never know. They might have called LE and that might be how they ended up out there.

when do you all think we will have official confirmation of the remains + more details?
weeks?

Don't the following two statements mean that she was found close to the park?

"Hannah graham was last seen outside the Tempo restaurant on Charlottesville's downtown mall. That's about an 11 mile drive out 5th street extended, which becomes old Lynchburg Road, to the area of Walnut Creek Park in North Garden."

http://www.nbc29.com/story/26822378/neighbors-react-to-human-remains-believed-to-be-hannah-graham

"The search for missing University of Virginia student Hannah Graham has been called off after volunteers discovered human remains Saturday on an abandoned property near Walnut Creek Park."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...udent-hannah-graham-reports-article-1.1979168

Years ago I lived in a little town 2 hours north of St. Pete, Fl. We had a sinkhole open up and swallow a car. The news reported our town as "near" St. Pete. I'm taking that "near" the park with a big grain of salt.

Great article. So can anyone look up the neighbors and see where their property is located? Must be next door or across the street from where body was found if the smell carried to their windows. Just a thought.

FWIW, I found it quite easily, but we cannot post those addresses here.

when do you all think we will have official confirmation of the remains + more details?
weeks?

I would suspect identification will come tomorrow. I don't suspect we'll hear much more about it until trial. Though I hope I'm wrong on the latter suspicion.

everyone, that red house on the corner just so happens to be on the corner of an intersection that was blocked off by police. they blocked off both intersections so that no one could get in the area. it's most likely NOT that house since it's valued at 835K and has a lovely fence with landscaping. the roof is a new metal roof. it's a nice cared for home - NOT abandoned

don't mean to sound snarky. just wanted to clear the red house ;)

Honey, a girl has been missing for 35 days. Suspect has ties to this area. It smells bad and vultures are circling outside. Lets close the windows.

[modsnip]

When I googled " when does a body smell after death" the results say after a "few days" why did it take them 35 days to notice something was not right?

A few days after death, these bacteria and enzymes start the process of breaking down their host. The pancreas is full of so many bacteria that it essentially digests itself [source: Macnair]. As these organisms work their way to other organs, the body becomes discolored, first turning green, then purple, then black. If you can't see the change, you'll smell it soon enough, because the bacteria create an awful-smelling gas.

It does not look like a property that is abandoned. The lawn is cut and trees are watered. Something is not right here.

If they have dental records, she has probably already been identified... Jmo

then why was longo so clearly reluctant to come right out and say officially 'we found the remains of hannah graham.' is LE always this reluctant to confirm definitively?

[modsnip]

To be fair though it can also mean that an animal has died (deer, etc). Vultures don't discriminate.

What would they be comparing him to then? That question doesnt read as politely as I intended, but I dont know a better way to word it. I am interested though in how they would compare him to a case where there is no perp info.

They will try to trace his whereabouts at the time each of these women went missing. They will talk to those who knew him during that time period asking if he may have known any of the victims. Or did the victims go to the same bars he frequented.

They may also have found something in his apartment tying him to other cases. SKs have been known to keep mementoes from their victims. Like Morgan's unique necklace that she was wearing was never found.

IMO

On CNN keep hearing conflicting info. So I suppose we don't exactly know. At least I don't. And the thread is moving so fast.

But if body was placed in an abandoned house or vehicle, wouldn't it take a bit longer for vultures to find and scent to be detected?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member