Hannah Graham: Remains Identified

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my daughters had the experience of having something put into her drink. When the drug first hit her, she told friends that something was wrong - too woozy for a drink and a half. It happened really quickly where she became incapacitated. A good friend took her outside for air, and her muscles completely gave way. Fortunately she was with good friends who took her to their home to recover. I heard about it later ... don't remember all the details, but she was in safe hands when it took control. They bathed her to help her come down from the drug.

Truly scary! I'm so glad your daughter was with good friends. This is OT, but I really don't understand the mentality of college-aged males who think drugging women in order to rape them is okay. Do they not have mothers, sisters, female friends? Who raised these people?

Hannah Graham's friend speaks out about her loss
by Bethany Teague, Updated: Oct 25, 2014 7:49 PM EDT
New River Valley Reporter
http://www.wsls.com/story/27015486/hannah-grahams-friend-speaks-out-about-her-loss

Wisdom Oak Winery Speaks About the Hannah Graham Tragedy
Posted: Oct 25, 2014 9:28 PM EDT
http://www.nbc29.com/story/27007454/uva-alumni-remember-the-life-of-hannah-graham

UVA Alumni Remember the life of Hannah Graham
Cat Boardman reports and Mat Talhelm leads the news cast with this story Oct 25, 2014 6:38 PM EDT
http://www.nbc29.com/story/27016023/wisdom-oak-winery-speaks-about-the-hannah-graham-tragedy

I doubt the phone will be found this far out, if it was dropped or left around the mall area. Probably someone picked it up. And I am sure they would have searched that area, right? Whoever found it (if found) may have no idea it might be Hannah's, maybe tossed it if they could not get into it or sold it online. Whatever people do with other's people's phones...I have no idea, mine does not even have a camera, but it seems people are always stealing them. Change out sim card and go? Jmo

This brought up a question for me. If you remove the SIM card from a phone and put your own in, does that mean that her service provider would not be able to pull up any back data/usage on that certain phone then? I am hoping I am wording this question right so it is understandable.

Morgan's phone battery was removed. The same thing probably happened with Hannah's phone at the moment that it went dead. Wasn't that when they were still at the Tempo bar ... somewhere around 1:30AM?

My understanding was that Hannah's phone was an iPhone, which has a battery that is challenging, to say the least, to remove. I don't know the details, but I can't visualize JLM going around with a small jeweler's screwdriver in his pocket, just in case....

The original post that I was looking at, was suggesting that JLM might have kept Hannah's phone and sold it on Craigslist. So, a serious question: how would that be possible? Would the process of wiping it clean to be sold make it unrecognizable for the purposes of the police search? Would that be something that JLM was able to do?

Truly scary! I'm so glad your daughter was with good friends. This is OT, but I really don't understand the mentality of college-aged males who think drugging women in order to rape them is okay. Do they not have mothers, sisters, female friends? Who raised these people?

I think they grew up hating their mothers and sisters, and I doubt they have female friends. It could be that they felt unprotected as a child, early childhood neglect (prior to the age of 4), brain washing from a male role model ... all sorts of possibilities, including a bonk on the head.

MJPeony , Sorry for the confusion. The message I RE-Posted was from MMLTW on the "Hannah's Journey" Thread . I merely grabbed it from there . Thank you for the very friendly reply , but you may actually know the original poster MMLTW.

My understanding was that Hannah's phone was an iPhone, which has a battery that is challenging, to say the least, to remove. I don't know the details, but I can't visualize JLM going around with a small jeweler's screwdriver in his pocket, just in case....

The original post that I was looking at, was suggesting that JLM might have kept Hannah's phone and sold it on Craigslist. So, a serious question: how would that be possible? Would the process of wiping it clean to be sold make it unrecognizable for the purposes of the police search? Would that be something that JLM was able to do?

If the battery is difficult to remove, then I'm inclined to go along with the suggestion that he turned the phone off, and got rid of it quickly. Maybe it's on the median along the highway leaving Charlottesville.

However, I would be curious if he attended college parties. I remember from my college days people I knew from local bars would show up and it seemed completely normal.

This makes a lot of sense. This sounds exactly like something JM would do. I agree with those that think she was acquainted with him or he was at least a familiar face and this would explain it.

There was an older guy who'd show up at our parties when I was in high school, and I always thought it was pitiful. I steered clear of him, but as an adult I now see it as predatory rather than pitiful.

MJPeony , Sorry for the confusion. The message I RE-Posted was from MMLTW on the "Hannah's Journey" Thread . I merely grabbed it from there . Thank you for the very friendly reply , but you may actually know the original poster MMLTW.

Thank you for bringing it over. It's plausible that she entered the wrong coordinates and went to the wrong place.

About the text message:
I was thinking that JM told HG he would give her a ride. She wanted to be dropped off at the party she was attending earlier at 14th and Wertland. She sends a text message to her friend in advance assuming she would be at 14th and Wertland very soon. I've done this before. Now what she may have been saying in that text is that she got lost and is at 14th and Wertland.

On the other hand JM may have sent the text himself to try to throw off police making it look like she got nabbed by 14th and Wertland. I think he was trying to throw off police with MH's shirt which was found not far from 14th and Wertland and from what I have read it doesn't sound like her shirt was just thrown on the bush but was nicely draped across the bush like the person who put it there wanted it to be seen and found. It's possible that JM was trying to make it look like someone in the UVA community most likely a student is responsible for these crimes. That area around there right off campus a lot of students live there.

Oops!! Thank you. I got confused. Well, maybe I do know MMLTW then, and could know you as well for all we know! :)

Will there be a toxicology report from ME at some point? TIA

I would hope so, but if all that was left was a skull and scattered bones with no tissue, and no hair, not sure what can be determined, if anything.

Specimens taken for forensic toxicology testing routinely include, in addition to blood and urine, tissue samples from the liver, brain, kidney, and vitreous humor (the clear ''jelly" found in the eyeball chamber), according to information from the College of American Pathologists. Samples of the stomach contents and bile, a digestive juice secreted by the liver, are also collected routinely.

http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/addiction/features/the-truth-about-toxicology-tests

BBM. By George, I think you've got it. Brilliant thinking.

JM and Hannah apparently spent at least a half hour either right outside or inside Tempo between 1:10 am and 1:45 am, which of course includes the time that the text was sent. It was probably as simple as JM asking Hannah if he could borrow her phone to send a text to a friend (meaning his own friend), at which time he sent a text to HER friends instead. He may or may not have ever given her phone back to her after that. He could have accidentally-on-purpose dropped it, or knocked it off the table, or spilled a drink on it, or he could have put it into his own pocket and, if she was intoxicated enough, she may not even have realized. He could have dropped it into a trash can on the mall. It could be anywhere by now.

Since she was lost and a little out of it, JM may have asked her which friend to text so he can get directions to the party he's supposed to drop her at -- and then instead he sends that person the text about being lost at 14th and Wertland, and pockets the phone. He does this because he doesn't want anyone to know Hannah was at Tempo or even in that area. He figures after this "throw-off" text, the police will be checking surveillance and witnesses at 14th and Wertland after he does away with Hannah. If I were LE, I would look for the phone in the area of 14th and Wertland. If that text was a setup, he may have ditched it in that area specifically so it looks like she was abducted from that area, hoping nobody would even realize she'd been to the downtown mall at all that night.

P.S. I can just imagine him pretending to be texting back and forth getting directions while he's actually checking her last few texts sent and received, to see if she's told anyone she's in the downtown mall area... creepy thought.

This is the map of Morgan and Hannah overlaid in Charlottesville. I haven't resized, so this is going to blow margins unless I thumbnail it, and that requires at least two photos ...

Attachments

• HannahGrahamMapMorganHarrington.jpg
    HannahGrahamMapMorganHarrington.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 60
  • NW of Park.jpg
    NW of Park.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 53
  • Ammonett Branch Creek.jpg
    Ammonett Branch Creek.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 53
  • HannahGrahamMap.jpg
    HannahGrahamMap.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 54
  • crimescenenight.jpg
    crimescenenight.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 53
I agree; if he isn't a serial killer now (technically, by definition), undoubtedly he would have become one had he not been caught. Had he been successful in murdering the victim in Fairfax, he would currently be a serial killer by definition. I'm pretty comfortable putting him in that category.

You and me both...

I would hope so, but if all that was left was a skull and scattered bones with no tissue, and no hair, not sure what can be determined, if anything.

Specimens taken for forensic toxicology testing routinely include, in addition to blood and urine, tissue samples from the liver, brain, kidney, and vitreous humor (the clear ''jelly" found in the eyeball chamber), according to information from the College of American Pathologists. Samples of the stomach contents and bile, a digestive juice secreted by the liver, are also collected routinely.

http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/addiction/features/the-truth-about-toxicology-tests

But where are we getting all that was left is BBM? just because that is all discovering trained LEO searching found. Experienced personnel were out there for a week following and may have found all manner of items. We just don't know. They may only be dealing with a skull and some other bones, including vertebrae. They have identifie those remains as hannah's. We have no clue what else they found regarding her murder.

Just thought of something, if JM had a computer I hope LE took it. And if he didn't but only had a cell phone I hope LE got a warrant for that and his phone records. Cell phones today are mini computers, he might have only had that.

But where are we getting all that was left is BBM? just because that is all discovering trained LEO searching found. Experienced personnel were out there for a week following and may have found all manner of items. We just don't know. They may only be dealing with a skull and some other bones, including vertebrae. They have identifie those remains as hannah's. We have no clue what else they found regarding her murder.

Birds. Hannah is the Bird Girl.

bird%20girl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members