Hannah Graham: The Search - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To clarify, the post is on his Facebook page . There are teams of four officers, each of which with maps and directions to remote County locations. They've been asked to walk the roadsides and search the woods.

Thank you! I'm sending you all my posts first.

How JM can allow these men and women to sacrifice their days searching for Hannah day in and day out is beyond me. (Of course, this is assuming JM is guilty of abduction and knows where she is... which I believe at this point he is).

I'm grateful for our justice system in this country. But there is a deep price that is paid if in fact JM knows where she is. A tragic irony.

Who is allowed to visit him in jail right now? Anyone besides his by-the-book legal counsel?? Have there been friends and family pleading with him?? What about his pastor? Can he go in there and encourage the truth? His old Christian friends? Where are the people that can approach him from a non-legal angle to help him do the right thing?

(I don't expect full answers to these from you fellow WS'ers. Just expressing my thoughts and frustrations...):gaah:

As of a good few day ago, I recall that his lawyer had been to see him multiple times.

An aerial photo on the farm's Web page attests to the difficulties SAR teams will encounter searching rural areas of Albemarle County:

In the article, it was stated that searchers attempted to walk it yesterday and it was too much.

I just hope they have those dogs out there, too, not just a helicopter and horses.

As of a good few day ago, I recall that his lawyer had been to see him multiple times.

Yes, I would assume that, but I'm wondering if others- not affiliated with the law- have been able to contact him. His friends, a pastor, etc. Someone to help encourage him to speak up. Someone to hopefully affect him.

Do we know if JLM had access to a boat or canoe? I've read reports he liked to fish, hike, camp. I don't believe he dumped her body in water like that above, but maybe used a boat to get to a more remote area inaccessible by car. Do we know if searchers are floating these creeks and small rivers to look for any disturbances in soil/vegetation that may show where someone had moved from water onto land? I'd mentioned before that his car, as junky as it is, was surprisingly clean and I wonder if police found something in the undercarriage to indicate he'd been driving in the mud, high grass or woods.

How JM can allow these men and women to sacrifice their days searching for Hannah day in and day out is beyond me. (Of course, this is assuming JM is guilty of abduction and knows where she is... which I believe at this point he is).

I'm grateful for our justice system in this country. But there is a deep price that is paid if in fact JM knows where she is. A tragic irony.

Who is allowed to visit him in jail right now? Anyone besides his by-the-book legal counsel?? Have there been friends and family pleading with him?? What about his pastor? Can he go in there and encourage the truth? His old Christian friends? Where are the people that can approach him from a non-legal angle to help him do the right thing?

(I don't expect full answers to these from you fellow WS'ers. Just expressing my thoughts and frustrations...):gaah:

I agree with you. But I've said it before: what good would it do for HIM (JM) to tell them where her body is or any information about it? He's better off if the search comes up empty. What can they offer him to give him the info that is worth while? He might get off if he stays quiet, possible to get the death penalty, life in prison, definite lable of a killer, abuse, etc, etc. What could anyone, his pastor, family offer him?

I agree with those who are saying dogs are the way to go, and I wish they had done this sooner. Where it won't work is with steep crevices and water. But it could eliminate a lot of ground that I just can't see most people being able to clear for sure. A cadaver dog would sniff out a body in my underbrush. I wouldn't bet much that other than a professional, skilled, good searcher would. The owner of Anchorage farm flat out said that he could not search his farm. Too much acreage and too much growth covering things.

I wonder if private property is being searched. My family owns farms' they lease them out for certain crops, they would not go and search them; wouldn't know how. I hope LE asks private property owners in the area for permission to let the dogs loose on the property.

200 square miles. How many dogs would that take?

Hope everyone is keeping an eye out for a trail of cigarette butts..

http://www.click2houston.com/news/h...of-trek-from-va-to-bolivar-peninsula/28994136

"Inside is a glimpse of the life of a man on the run: an ashtray filled with cigarette butts, a business card for a Charlottesville, Virginia. detective thrown in the backseat, and an envelope with the words "tools to release God's power" written on the front"

http://www.nbc29.com/story/26736641/search-for-hannah-graham-stretches-into-earlysville

Search for Hannah Graham Stretches into Earlysville

"It is a daunting task, They were here yesterday on foot and those gentleman walked their legs off because it is a big piece of property,” said Stephen Murray, owner.

There are two state access roads to the property, meaning it could have been accessed the night Graham disappeared.

Choppers are also flying above the property while the crews search on horseback"

Do we know if JLM had access to a boat or canoe? I've read reports he liked to fish, hike, camp. I don't believe he dumped her body in water like that above, but maybe used a boat to get to a more remote area inaccessible by car. Do we know if searchers are floating these creeks and small rivers to look for any disturbances in soil/vegetation that may show where someone had moved from water onto land? I'd mentioned before that his car, as junky as it is, was surprisingly clean and I wonder if police found something in the undercarriage to indicate he'd been driving in the mud, high grass or woods.

He would've adjusted after Morgan Harrington was found. Ponds, rivers, even creeks are not a controlled environment, not weather-proof, as flooding and heavy rain can change things, I would guess.

I agree with you. But I've said it before: what good would it do for HIM (JM) to tell them where her body is or any information about it? He's better off if the search comes up empty. What can they offer him to give him the info that is worth while? He might get off if he stays quiet, possible to get the death penalty, life in prison, definite lable of a killer, abuse, etc, etc. What could anyone, his pastor, family offer him?

First, I presume that means he is (currently) working alone. I imagine he'd have ratted on others, unless there were threats made (to his family?) during that week before LE fingered him. (Should this go in the What do we know about him thread? Or the charges against him thread?)

However, if he is a believer, they could perhaps convince him that he needs to 1) confess and 2) repent in order to be saved and forgiven.

To private property: LE can't search private property without either a warrant (which means they've found something in order to obtain one) or the owner's permission. That's precisely why they're begging people to search their own properties - it's simply too many miles to cover with a team of under 100. Reaching out to those individual owners would be a daunting task. Owners with property like you mention need to make some kind of arrangements themselves to have it searched - not rely on LE to approach them for permission to use their own resources to do so.

I agree with those who are saying dogs are the way to go, and I wish they had done this sooner. Where it won't work is with steep crevices and water. But it could eliminate a lot of ground that I just can't see most people being able to clear for sure. A cadaver dog would sniff out a body in my underbrush. I wouldn't bet much that other than a professional, skilled, good searcher would. The owner of Anchorage farm flat out said that he could not search his farm. Too much acreage and too much growth covering things.

I wonder if private property is being searched. My family owns farms' they lease them out for certain crops, they would not go and search them; wouldn't know how. I hope LE asks private property owners in the area for permission to let the dogs loose on the property.

200 square miles. How many dogs would that take?

BBM. Oh, I agree it would not be legally advantageous to tell LE where to find Hannah. No no, definitely not. My point is that I want to hope that there could be a moral shred of decency left in his person. That connecting with a friend, or pastor, who would encourage him to do the right thing, would get him to the "end of himself" so to speak. Yes, it would have to be out of a moral purpose of sorts, not legal. Almost in a "listen LJ, this is the end. You need to give it up now. Have some dignity and start the process of repentance" type of thing.

I know there will be people here to pounce quickly with "But he is a monster and has no moral compass". I can understand that. I think he's a monster too if he did all of this. I'm only saying I would hope that some people close to him would encourage him to start that a path of now doing the right thing. I'm not saying he'd listen. Just wondering if he's allowed to see other visitors and curious as to whether these people in his life are at least trying.

First, I presume that means he is (currently) working alone. I imagine he'd have ratted on others, unless there were threats made (to his family?) during that week before LE fingered him. (Should this go in the What do we know about him thread? Or the charges against him thread?)

However, if he is a believer, they could perhaps convince him that he needs to 1) confess and 2) repent in order to be saved and forgiven.

To private property: LE can't search private property without either a warrant (which means they've found something in order to obtain one) or the owner's permission. That's precisely why they're begging people to search their own properties - it's simply too many miles to cover with a team of under 100. Reaching out to those individual owners would be a daunting task. Owners with property like you mention need to make some kind of arrangements themselves to have it searched - not rely on LE to approach them for permission to use their own resources to do so.

BBM. Right, yes, I'm saying something to that effect too.

Hopefully, LE has approached all private property owners and gotten permission to search promising terrain. No way most will be capable of an adquate search.

I guarantee they haven't.

Property owners who can't do an adequate search need to contact LE, not the other way around. But it'll never happen. There is no way every possible place, even just in Albemarle County, will ever be searched. And his area of awareness extends practically the entire state of Virginia. Property owners HAVE to be proactive.

I do see what you're saying jamicat. I still however hold hope that there is a moral shred left to JM that can be pulled out. There may not be- but I will hope. And my question of whether these other people in his life are allowed to talk with him is still there. I would, at the very least, hope that the people who could possibly influence a "this is the end of road LJ" are trying to get to him.

BBM. Oh, I agree it would not be legally advantageous to tell LE where to find Hannah. No no, definitely not. My point is that I want to hope that there could be a moral shred of decency left in his person. That connecting with a friend, or pastor, who would encourage him to do the right thing, would get him to the "end of himself" so to speak. Yes, it would have to be out of a moral purpose of sorts, not legal. Almost in a "listen LJ, this is the end. You need to give it up now. Have some dignity and start the process of repentance" type of thing.

I know there will be people here to pounce quickly with "But he is a monster and has no moral compass". I can understand that. I think he's a monster too if he did all of this. I'm only saying I would hope that some people close to him would encourage him to start that a path of now doing the right thing. I'm not saying he'd listen. Just wondering if he's allowed to see other visitors and curious as to whether these people in his life are at least trying.

The problem with that pep talk, faith talk is that there is really nothing to offer him to mitigate what he will have to endure once he confesses. It would be a very rough go and you have to have the faith to endure it, which I doubt he has. The other problem is , unless LE has some pretty good stuff and has let his attorney know, that attorney is likely to be telling him that right now , LE doesn't have a whole lot, and he might well beat this rap. And it may well be true.

I wonder if LE has even considered offering anything for the body? I guess not since they are pretty sure Hannah is not alive. Because if LE finds that body without any help from JM, there would not be much of a deal if any, possible.
Terrible as it may be, dealing with someone like this, it's often the only way to get movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member