Hannah Graham: The Search - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Open this envelope first, before you read my letter, written on the envelope inside his car. What was in the letter, obviously not a confession.

There needs to be a national outreach to the handlers who own these dogs. So when someone goes missing like this and the terrain is not always suitable for humans, they know to travel to the destination. I hope the dogs find something, too. I just get this feeling there aren't enough of them.

I do see what you're saying jamicat. I still however hold hope that there is a moral shred left to JM that can be pulled out. There may not be- but I will hope. And my question of whether these other people in his life are allowed to talk with him is still there. I would, at the very least, hope that the people who could possibly influence a "this is the end of road LJ" are trying to get to him.

The attorney would tell the family to keep quiet, to reaffirm to JM to keep quiet, that there really isn't that much evidence against him and that he well could be innocent, which is what they would want to hear. They've heard his side of the story, that , yes, he met the girl, hung around her, and then left her alive, and now he's in trouble. Without more evidence they are not going to believe he did harm. They are going to believe that "foolishness" from college is what has everyone thinking he did this,not the facts of the case. I don't think family and close friends ae at the 'end of the road" yet with him. There will have to be more evidence and hopefuly if Hannah is found, there will be.

Open this envelope first, before you read my letter, written on the envelope inside his car. What was in the letter, obviously not a confession.

A number of posts from last night showed photos of similar envelopes sent out by religious "organizations". They appear to be a type of promotional material sent frequently. Religious "junk mail" so to speak.

I do not think packs of dogs work. They interact with each other and do not search. One dog and one dog handler is best. I have never read the distance needed between search teams.

The only inducement I can see getting JM to talk at this point would be the possibility of charges against family members who may have assisted him as he prepared to leave town or whoever he called from Louisiana. Just an idea of a tack that LE might use.

ETA: If Hannah's mother's video did not move him to talk, he isn't going to respond to appeals to 'human decency' or to pressure from family members who are moved by it.

Jamicat, I will still hope... ;)

Oh, I am SO hoping. When I think about her parents, and the Spierers, who are parents who have gone through the same, in my area, my chest hurts.

Seriously, if I were in LE, I'd do all could to trick a POI early in the situation to give any info on the body. Anything else, no. But to find the person, even the body, yes I would jeopardize a case. Not likely a perp would walk anyways if the body has evidence.

The only inducement I can see getting JM to talk at this point would be the possibility of charges against family members who may have assisted him as he prepared to leave town or whoever he called from Louisiana. Just an idea of a tack that LE might use.

His lawyer is too good to allow that sort of thing to happen. Also too much national attention. Needed to get to him early on.It's really accelerated too far now. LE is going to have make good on search

A number of posts from last night showed photos of similar envelopes sent out by religious "organizations". They appear to be a type of promotional material sent frequently. Religious "junk mail" so to speak.
Thank-you I missed that. And a cross was found inside according to a tweet on Tweets about Hannah Graham. I thought the penmanship on the envelope looked like a woman wrote it.

Didn't I see that JM had roommates? I wonder what they had to say (if anything) about when he returned home - what time, etc. and if this has anything to do with the search locations planned by LE...

ETA: If Hannah's mother's video did not move him to talk, he isn't going to respond to appeals to 'human decency' or to pressure from family members who are moved by it.

Don't families tend to batten down the hatches in hopes of a best defense, their prerogative? From what's been previously posted about SK's, sounds like they get a thrill from the effort being made to trace their steps. JM seems to have issues with wanting his 'dignity' respected (i take it, from the C-ville report posted this morning, the prison jump suit isn't his thing). His rights have been meticulously respected.

I have no doubt the normal people who knew him will help trace his steps, as the extent of his damage sinks in. The Graham's appeal hopefully moved more of them and others who may know anything at all about JM.

Ok, thank you. I don't much about these dogs. Maybe one dog per large farm.

I do not think packs of dogs work. They interact with each other and do not search. One dog and one dog handler is best. I have never read the distance needed between search teams.

Didn't I see that JM had roommates? I wonder what they had to say (if anything) about when he returned home - what time, etc. and if this has anything to do with the search locations planned by LE...

I read that they have been cooperative. But LE has not said anything about what they got from them. I'm hoping that they were able to give LE an approx time as to when he came home that Saturday morning which would make the 8 mile radius the area of focus. But others on the board seem to feel it's a standard thing, not particular to this situation which could mean that they have no info that is helpful.

Really a time line of JM is needed right up to when his car was seized. He could have just dropped Hannah off somewhere easy that Saturday morning, being drunk, tired, it was dark, maybe no the proper shoes or equipment with him, and then returned later or Saturday or even Sunday to move her to somewhere more remote and less difficult to find. It would be useful to know if he disappeared for a while in that time period. I don't know why LE ended their JM activities thing with Hannah's disappearance being reported. It would have taken a while after her roommates noticed, Le be notified before any search could be put into effect and JM could well have been on the road hiding her even after the first alert was given. Anywhere that orange car was seen that week, every instant of JM time is of interest, IMO. If he were not seen till late Sunday since he left Tempo, he could have gone out of state even. I doubt he was piddling around Charlottesville for so many hours alone.

Don't families tend to batten down the hatches in hopes of a best defense, their prerogative? From what's been previously posted about SK's, sounds like they get a thrill from the effort being made to trace their steps. JM seems to have issues with wanting his 'dignity' respected (i take it, from the C-ville report posted this morning, the prison jump suit isn't his thing). His rights have been meticulously respected.

I have no doubt the normal people who knew him will help trace his steps, as the extent of his damage sinks in. The Graham's appeal hopefully moved more of them and others who may know anything at all about JM.

Yes, they do. They are hoping this is all a giant mistake, I'm sure. I could not fathom having a family member so suspected. I wouldn't be able to deal with it. I know that. Just thinking about it makes me quake. You spend a long time nurturing, raising, and defending, and getting out of that mode is just not going to happen easy. It doesn't help that as of now there really isn't any earth shaking evidence that he is guilty. If the body is found with an intermingling of enough DNA that it's clear what happened, that's a whole other story, but history is filled with those railroaded with more evidence on the table than there is against JM right now.

If he says he dropped her off ath 14th and whatever to the attorney, he's going to tell him to keep quiet and see what happens here. It would be up to the DA to prove he did NOT drop her off somewhere she had requested.

I'd hoped he was quick and careless with the drop off.

How far could a drunk drive knowing he could be pulled over by LE? It's not the same situation as with MH - he wasn't drunk then. I'm going with closer rather than far away. 11.6 miles to Earlysville seems a long way to drive for a drunk with HG in the car.

I imagine that adrenaline rush would have sobered him right up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gerardclori