Hannah Graham: The Search - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know where we are the leaves are turning and falling. We dug up part of our septic field and it looked a mess, now its a mass of leaves carpeting everything. You can't tell a hole has been dug or anything is in it.

This may make searching more difficult..if not impossible unless its boots on the ground everywhere

Or if somebody saw him, or information from friends and acquaintances help narrow the search areas. His luck ran out, lets hope that continues.

I was just getting here to post this. It's a long shot but they have said it definitely is the body of a woman.

I'm sure this has nothing to do with HG, they obviously think they know who the woman was...
NewsChannel 3 spoke to neighbors who say they found the woman’s body this afternoon in the Indian River around high tide behind their homes. The neighbors say they first found a backpack belonging to the missing woman this morning, then her body washed up this afternoon, they say. They found her on Facebook using an ID, and contacted a friend who told the neighbors she had been missing since Sunday “and was suicidal”.

NewsChannel 3 is working to gather additional information; check back on WTKR.com for updates.
Sorry I guess I should have kept reading, I see this has been covered.

In the Kyron,Horman case LE asked for all video cam info.

It is a great question why they are not asking for that.

Do you think people on these huge properties have cams at their driveways?

Aren't there businesse all along the roads? Convenience store? Antique store? Nothing? Strip mall?

I imagine that adrenaline rush would have sobered him right up.

There still remains the facts that his car was an eyesore/more prone to being stopped by the police as a result and that his inspection sticker was then 4 months out of date. Increasing the likelihood of his being stopped even further.

In my experience police in rural counties are even more apt to stop drivers for minor infractions...out of sheer boredom.

IMO he would have taken back-country roads and gone no more than an 30 minutes away.

The longer hes out driving in the middle of the night the greater his chances of being pulled over......especially from 2am to 9am which is statistically when more drunk drivers are on the road....and thats something that isnt lost on police officers either.

I hope police have a record of his debit card purchases and wanted to point this out.

At Tempo JLM was seen bumming cigarettes....yet he had money to buy drinks.

It stands to reason that he would have REALLY wanted a cigarette either when he had HG in the car immobilized ........or even worse.

If not then then immediately after finishing with her.

I hope thats being looked into.

I was a smoker once and can say with certainty that we attach all kinds of rituals to our habit.

Moments of High stress or excitement can be powerful triggers for the urge as well.

Have checked the scanner thread only non Hannah calls there. If Hannah is buried LE would need a search dog to find her unless the forest animals dug her up again. In the forest the plane will be useless. It all returns to boots on the ground and the experience of the searchers.

Thank you.
The dogs are really the ones to thank here. Everything they do is based on pleasing their handler and the emotion they sense from the handler.
I am pretty sure its VSRDA working with the SAR teams on this. Check out their dogs here
http://www.vsrda.org/meet-the-dogs/operational-dogs
Thanks for that site!! I just spent some time on there and know I'm going back!! lol
Prayers that these dogs find Hannah! Is there a chance the dogs could recover other human remains during
their search for Hannah? I have been wondering if these search areas can be crossed off the list for other missing persons.

The problem with that pep talk, faith talk is that there is really nothing to offer him to mitigate what he will have to endure once he confesses. It would be a very rough go and you have to have the faith to endure it, which I doubt he has. The other problem is , unless LE has some pretty good stuff and has let his attorney know, that attorney is likely to be telling him that right now , LE doesn't have a whole lot, and he might well beat this rap. And it may well be true.

I wonder if LE has even considered offering anything for the body? I guess not since they are pretty sure Hannah is not alive. Because if LE finds that body without any help from JM, there would not be much of a deal if any, possible.
Terrible as it may be, dealing with someone like this, it's often the only way to get movement.

It does seem as thou JLM is concerned with his own comfort and needs. I doubt his cell is very comfortable and the food is not plentiful much less very tasty. Maybe, just maybe, he could be offered certain comforts he wouldn't otherwise have if he provides LE with "some" helpful information. Granted, he may not be able to tell LE exactly where Hannah IS, but he might be able to offer some "suggestions".

Can you make out the brand?

Looks like he smoked them down to the filter. That Houston report is the first time I remember hearing his sister's car referred to as stolen.

Excellent idea to watch for butts during the search. Wonder if they've checked records for any little brush fires?

Thanks for that site!! I just spent some time on there and know I'm going back!! lol
Prayers that these dogs find Hannah! Is there a chance the dogs could recover other human remains during
their search for Hannah? I have been wondering if these search areas can be crossed off the list for other missing persons.

It depends...a cadaver dog will do just that...find any human remains based on the chemical output from the decomp.
An airscent K9 has been given the specific target scent(some perfume from Hannah, or shampoo from JLM) will only be on that scent. You actually have to be really careful about that. Depending on what they are using for scent trigger, it could complicate the search. If anyone had any contact with Hannah that would transfer any scent pattern onto them, then they need to stay as far away from the SAR radius as possible.

It does seem as thou JLM is concerned with his own comfort and needs. I doubt his cell is very comfortable and the food is not plentiful much less very tasty. Maybe, just maybe, he could be offered certain comforts he wouldn't otherwise have if he provides LE with "some" helpful information. Granted, he may not be able to tell LE exactly where Hannah IS, but he might be able to offer some "suggestions".

That doesn't make any sense to me- that he would offer "suggestions" b/c he doesn't want to tell them exactly. If they find her, the evidence case is there, either way.

I see. I did gather they have handlers. Yes, it makes sense they use the grid system. Well, I really hope these searching for HG have enough canines. It is really amazing work you all do and the dogs, too.

So thats a really complicated question. Many factors will come into play. Terrain, weather, trigger items (IE, What are they using as a search target) what kind of dogs(Airscent dogs, trailing dogs, or tracking dogs) wind speed and direction.
Most certified airscent dogs have a scent range of around a 1/4 mile.
1 Square mile is 640 Acres. So, if I knew the kind of dogs being used, and the amount of dogs I could calculate the amount of time it would take to search 600 acres. But again, with all the external factors, its usually just an estimate.
Dont get the wrong idea, this isnt just a dozen dogs running around 600 acres, each team and handler is systematically searching with a grid system.

It depends...a cadaver dog will do just that...find any human remains based on the chemical output from the decomp.
An airscent K9 has been given the specific target scent(some perfume from Hannah, or shampoo from JLM) will only be on that scent. You actually have to be really careful about that. Depending on what they are using for scent trigger, it could complicate the search. If anyone had any contact with Hannah that would transfer any scent pattern onto them, then they need to stay as far away from the SAR radius as possible.

Hmm, a shampoo from JLM.... they might have a hard time finding one of those. lol

In all seriousness though, Hank Scorpio thank you so much for all of your good inside info on these dogs. So very helpful!

What about storage units? Perhaps it's been in previous search threads. I can't remember.

If he broke up with his gf and moved, perhaps he had to rent a storage unit. Hopefully LE looks into that during the search.

Hmm, a shampoo from JLM.... they might have a hard time finding one of those. lol

In all seriousness though, Hank Scorpio thank you so much for all of your good inside info on these dogs. So very helpful!

LOL shampoo for JM! :-)

And its on the Elizabeth River :( however it appears populated

He isn't likely to have taken her all the way there. The Hampton Roads area is more urban... I was just in Hampton this past weekend and was wondering about his involvement with the Colonial Parkway killings. No, he would've gone west, if anything. IMHO...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member