Hannah Graham: The Search - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the guy is smart enough to have some ritualistic behavior. IMHO, he approaches a drunk woman, makes his advance, she refuses, he might knock her out, takes her somewhere secluded, rapes her... and leaves her there to rot. He didn't even bury Morgan....why would he be concerned about cedar trees or anything having to do with burial rights. He couldn't care less.

I wonder where this is in relation to where they found his van/cab? I hate to even think about it, but was that van used as a place to attack his victims or keep implements he'd need to bury or hide their bodies?

Following up on my original post about the search team arrival. Yes, I was a little surprised, but since I am obsessed with this search I was not as shocked as my wife, who actually chased the first two vehicles back thinking they were trespassing. Given their assertive entrance, I know what was happening.

The entire crew was very impressive. They were full of energy and hadn't eaten all day (this was about 4 PM). From the Captain, "We are close". Don't know if that was hopeful thinking or not.

They had two different kind of dogs. Cadaver dogs, and a bloodhound. The bloodhound is given a scent from both JM's clothing and HG's clothing. He then tracks any prior presence of them. He said that he had tracked an earlier location where the dog had led him over an extended search ending up the tenths of a mile from JM's home. Pretty impressive. I also heard that the bloodhound was "going crazy" from one of the other access point to this area. As grisly as it is to think that the body may be this close, it does seem like they have evidence that he has been there by virtue of the cell phone ping. The dog could be the hero...

Is this 'ping' area easily accessible, either by car or by someone carrying a girl weighing 140lbs?

Foxfire,

Yes there are cedar trees and an old cemetery amongst them. It has been here for generations as I am told. I need to research the name. But why is this important. We passed right by that old site on our way to try to reach the ping location.

Gilamon, see my post 1101 above, as to why the cedar trees/cemetery connection may be important to JM..

EDITED: Sorry, I can't make the photo appear in my post.

Anyway, it's just shy of 12 miles to Anchorage from Tempo . . . and another two miles or so on the same road to Trading Post . . . and another 2 or so to find yourself "about 14 miles" south of Charlottesville, as the helpful person above described the site of today's search (near Pippin Hill, perhaps).

PS: I'd bet dollars to donuts that JM was buying CIGARETTES. (He was bumming smokes the night HG went missing, and surely under the stress and intensity of what happened after, he would be jonesing for a smoke.)

Yes. agreed.

Things I wish.

Send some dry ice vapors through his cell.

Use a scary voice and tell him the flames of hell are coming to devour him bit by scorching bit unless he tells of every crime he has done.

If only!

This is where water-boarding would be useful...

Well he knows that particular farm, and from the many conversations published with the owner he probably knows that no one goes down into that area, sometimes once a year or less. Since he got away scot-free (so far) he might have felt like tweaking
the Police, a little just to gloat...?

The pings have time stamps, so they'd know when he was there. He couldn't fake that.

Regarding obtaining cell phone record/pings, can someone explain why it takes so blasted long to get them? I can easily access my calls online and while I know LE needs additional information than calls placed or received, I never imagined it would take 30-60 days in a situation like this.

Things I wish.

Send some dry ice vapors through his cell.

Use a scary voice and tell him the flames of hell are coming to devour him bit by scorching bit unless he tells of every crime he has done.

If only!

I think I may have just tinkled a little! That is too funny! Wish it would work though.

Does anyone know if they have searched Palmyra? Its 30 minutes away by car from Charlottesville and certain areas are VERY secluded.JLM could have traveled by back road, straight down Rt 53.

I wonder if he has any friends or family that live in Fluvanna county. Much of that area is farmland and extremely rural.

Just catching up, so has this been answered?

I see the encouraging post from a landowner S of Charlottesville (thank you for that info and for joining us!).

Regarding obtaining cell phone record/pings, can someone explain why it takes so blasted long to get them? I can easily access my calls online and while I know LE needs additional information than calls placed or received, I never imagined it would take 30-60 days in a situation like this.

I know some of this entails securing warrants...

Concerned mama, there are several old cedar trees in the photos of the location where MH's remains were located. --> https://www.google.com/search?q=fbi...murder-rumors-of-a-suspects-arrest%2F;300;300

I have learned to never underestimate the motives or antics of a sadistical psychopathic sexual predator/serial killer.. They have a reason for everything they do and everything they say, imo.. No coincidences... Once JM used his innocent victims up and took their lives.. He may have temporarily shown a semblance of remorse..

There are Cherokee Indian, as well as many other legends associated with the cedar tree including superstitions, and religious connotations. Cedar Trees, Death, and Cemeteries go hand in hand. This may very well be why MH's remains were placed at this specific location, imo. Many times there are family cemeteries in rural farming areas near old homesites. They are marked with cedar trees. Unless, a historian, familiar, or a native to the area, one would not recognize these old cemeteries over time due to nature taking them back. Many times rocks with info scratched on them were used as headstones.

Guess, what I am trying to say is that HG will likely be located near an old home site family cemetery, marked by cedar tree/s, for JM revisiting the burial site.. JMO

Cedar Trees and Cemeteries..
Isaiah 14:8
http://biblehub.com/isaiah/14-8.htm

Cedar Trees in a Cemeteries Aren't Just Coincidence
http://dulaneysofnorthmississippi.blogspot.com/2009/02/cedar-trees-in-cemeteries-arent-just.html
Since my first posting, I have been researching the origins, if there are any, of the practice of planting cedar trees around graves.

Thanks, again. Good to know

I don't think the guy is smart enough to have some ritualistic behavior. IMHO, he approaches a drunk woman, makes his advance, she refuses, he might knock her out, takes her somewhere secluded, rapes her... and leaves her there to rot. He didn't even bury Morgan....why would he be concerned about cedar trees or anything having to do with burial rights. He couldn't care less.

Justice101, I've learned to never misunderestimate a malignant escalated sadistic psychopathic sexual predator.. Their thought process is much different than ours, only much more rapid. Folks originally thought SK Brandon Scott Lavergne and SK Gary Hilton was of low IQ until they were tested while awaiting trial. GMH's IQ was within the top 10% of the world and BSL's was very high too.. The ones that remain active and elude LE for years or decades are very creative, calculating, deflective, and manipulative<cagey> and will fool even the most experienced homicide detectives, as well as FBI special agents and profilers..as has JM, imo..

I forgot the cemetery question. Yes, there is a cemetery that you could not find unless you know here it is. It is smothered by cedar trees. But, I have no idea why this is important. It is an area of about 200 square feet maybe, and has a handful of markers.

What about any fishing holes?

eta: Actually, for that matter, what about SEE THIS POST

LOL :biggrin:

just kidding (sort of...)

Wow...

I thought a warrant needs to be shown to search private property? Just wondering...

Perhaps they didn't realize it was private property. If it was unmarked, that's quite possible. Around here, to keep "trespassers" off, you have to mark it private/no trespassing every x number of feet/yards.

Thanks, again. Good to know

Whoa. I had not thought of this. And I have been offline for a few day in terms of following this thread. I did not recall that MH remains were found at a site of that description. And I don't know if this is a goofy theory. But, It is easy enough for me to check first thing in the morning for any signs.

I cannot get an article to paste on here!

This summer, there was a court ruling that LE must get warrants. Sure takes a long time!!

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/25/justice/supreme-court-cell-phones/

Washington (CNN) -- The Supreme Court on Wednesday unanimously ruled that police may not search the cell phones of criminal suspects upon arrest without a warrant -- a sweeping endorsement for privacy rights.

By a 9-0 vote, the justices said smart phones and other electronic devices were not in the same category as wallets, briefcases, and vehicles -- all currently subject to limited initial examination by law enforcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025