Hannah Graham: The Search - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the Kyron,Horman case LE asked for all video cam info.

It is a great question why they are not asking for that.

Do you think people on these huge properties have cams at their driveways?

Aren't there businesse all along the roads? Convenience store? Antique store? Nothing? Strip mall?
From the September 25 press conference.

Below is one request. There have been others.

Wildlife cameras....if you have one.....we're asking you to check it. Midnight on Sept 13th up until today.
If you see an orange vehicle or blue Nissan or other vehicle you are not familiar with....call us.

Large block of time between Hannah disappeared and the time it was reported to us. We need to shrink that gap. To figure out when Hannah truly disappeared.

For example, if somebody saw Jessie Matthew on Saturday morning...alone...we need to know that information.

If you know Jesse, and many people do, they know his habits, they know his customs, eg. Jesse liked to fish...where did he like to fish? Those are the things we need to know so we can look in those areas. We can only do that with your help.
Thanks to KMouse for the transcript.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...lle-Police-Department&p=11014364#post11014364

He isn't likely to have taken her all the way there. The Hampton Roads area is more urban... I was just in Hampton this past weekend and was wondering about his involvement with the Colonial Parkway killings. No, he would've gone west, if anything. IMHO...
They have updated and it was a possible suicide of a local girl missing since Sunday I think they said....I just dont kbow how to delete :(

Do we know if anyone has listened to the cassette tape found in JM's sister's car?

In the Kyron,Horman case LE asked for all video cam info.

It is a great question why they are not asking for that.

Do you think people on these huge properties have cams at their driveways?

Aren't there businesse all along the roads? Convenience store? Antique store? Nothing? Strip mall?

Wish there were a site ppl could download their security videos/pictures as they see fit and you could crowd source the review, without risk of public shaming'n'stuff, privately.

i don't understand how someone as simple-minded as JM supposedly is could hide hannah so well.

Looks like he smoked them down to the filter. That Houston report is the first time I remember hearing his sister's car referred to as stolen.

Excellent idea to watch for butts during the search. Wonder if they've checked records for any little brush fires?

It was in a news report from this morning. I may have posted it, but it was said not written, I think. Was waiting for confirmation. Thanks!

i don't understand how someone as simple-minded as JM supposedly is could hide hannah so well.

JLM was reportedly an avid fisherman and outdoorsman. He grew up in a rural area around Red Hill (about 12 miles south of Charlottesville) and is intimately familiar with the complex, forested, and hilly countryside surrounding the city of Charlottesville. This type of knowledge is not measured by IQ tests. Moreover, fisher-folk are no respecters of private property, as I can attest from personal experience of fishers trespassing in order to fish in our community's lake. They know a heck of a lot more about local geography than law-abiding citizens. I told my family last night that Charlottesville is a wonderful place to live, except that the there are too many places to hide bodies.

Do we know if anyone has listened to the cassette tape found in JM's sister's car?

I have a feeling that cassette tape was part of the Peter Popoff package, if so it's all a hoax for him to make money, nothing significant there.

JLM was reportedly an avid fisherman and outdoorsman. He grew up in a rural area around Red Hill (about 12 miles south of Charlottesville) and is intimately familiar with the complex, forested, and hilly countryside surrounding the city of Charlottesville. This type of knowledge is not measured by IQ tests. Moreover, fisher-folk are no respecters of private property, as I can attest from personal experience of fishers trespassing in order to fish in our community's lake. They know a heck of a lot more about local geography than law-abiding citizens. I told my family last night that Charlottesville is a wonderful place to live, except that the there are too many places to hide bodies.

yeah. i just find it funny that a man who was dumb enough to be spotted with the victim in an area with tons of surveillance cameras could hide her well. i guess he is familiar with the natural surroundings but i think understanding the surroundings from a hiding a human body perspective is still somewhat complex. there are a lot of factors to consider

Thank you. Great to have your take.

That doesn't make any sense to me- that he would offer "suggestions" b/c he doesn't want to tell them exactly. If they find her, the evidence case is there, either way.

It makes sense from the point of view of JLM not wanting to offer a confession.

Hmm, a shampoo from JLM.... they might have a hard time finding one of those. lol

In all seriousness though, Hank Scorpio thank you so much for all of your good inside info on these dogs. So very helpful!

You're welcome.

If I was leading the K9 teams, I would probably have 3 different teams comprised of smaller teams. 1 team of cadaver dog, 1 team of airscent dogs with Hannahs scent, and 1 team of airscent dogs with JLM's scent.
The idea being you create a triangulation of possible hits, where in theory all 3 will combine. As the 3 teams shrink the triangle your search radius becomes smaller.

Panorama Farm a huge property. Over 830 acres http://gisweb.albemarle.org/GISWEB/PropertyInfo.aspx?pin=04500000000100

Some time ago they allowed people to mountain bike over the property for a small fee. Its been closed for that at least since 2006 http://trails.mtbr.com/cat/united-states-trails/trails-virginia/trail/panorama-farm/prd_170791_4585crx.aspx but there were miles of trails all through the property.

Wow! looks like great trails were laid at one time...

I wonder how familiar JM was with this farm?

:waitasec:

He got a drivers license, didn't he?

I had friends in high school that got straight A's in Honors and AP classes that failed their dl test two, even three times.

There are many different types of intelligence, most of which are open to highly subjective interpretation.

I think many of, and I was one, who had hoped that he was as careless with this as he was with a lot of things. But it could well be the natural terrain of the areas around Charlottesville along with his knowledge of them in play here . I would not have called MH 's body well hidden but it took several months to find, and it was just by accident that it was discovered when it was Bass, the owner of the farm where MH's body was found, said that it could have been much, much longer, if ever that MH might have been found given that he and his workers do not go to many parts of the property.

I had hoped, and still do that the dogs would find something. And also by talking to those who knew JM if had maybe mentioned some hideay areas that were faves of his, and also if anyone knew when he was around those hours and days after leaving Tempo.

He got a drivers license, didn't he?

I had friends in high school that got straight A's in Honors and AP classes that failed their dl test two, even three times.

There are many different types of intelligence, most of which are open to highly subjective interpretation.

Yeah, he got his drivers license all right, heh, heh, and was also licensed to drive a cab. But his problems with vehicles, DMV, road issues, not to mention his complete unsuitabilty to be a cab driver makes me wonder about all of that.

Yeah, he got his drivers license all right, heh, heh, and was also licensed to drive a cab. But his problems with vehicles, DMV, road issues, not to mention his complete unsuitabilty to be a cab driver makes me wonder about all of that.

Weren't most of his legal problems due to laziness and/or a lack of desire to follow the law?

He still had to pass a written test- I mean- the guy can clearly read, comprehend, and memorize things. I don't know why so many people think he is brain dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member