Hannah Graham: The Search - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone remember from yesterday the tips we wanted to gather and send in to LE? I was going to copy the whole thread, then highlight the relevant possible tips and email it in...There was some road with an "H"...was it jbowman's post? (Argh, frustrated, maybe they don't need our help. :( Putting myself in timeout. Pout, whine) I hope the thread comes back, minus whatever posts need to be deleted...I know that requires work and time, much appreciated. There was so much about pings, etc etc..12 hours there yesterday. 12 HOURS. Maybe more...Please mods, I hope you will bring the thread back, minus anything to do with "G". TIA. Going back in timeout. FTR, I appreciate you guys and the forum, so I respect you have to do whatever you have to. I won't say anything else about it after this. You know I think you walk on water, Bessie~!!

I think thread got locked or deleted because to much angle in the search brain storming. Like I always say . You never know who is reading. :),

Marking my spot and trying to catch up. Can't believe it has been a month! Where is Hannah?

OK I'll continue where I left off. People were starting to discuss the effect of weather on the search/search dogs, and I wanted to chime in with this:

http://www.vetstreet.com/our-pet-exp...detection-dogs

Positive excerpt: Ideal conditions for an HHRD search: temperatures between 40 F and 75 F, high humidity, a moist ground and a light breeze.

I hope the thread isn't gone for good, but just being reviewed. Maybe it's pending G. getting verified? I'm hopeful, but do understand why it got yanked.

It sure was nice for all us to be in the same thread together yesterday. :)

I do remember reading that there are going to be some upgrades to the site with a different look. Maybe this is partly why some threads are missing and they may be doing some transfering of threads.

I do remember reading that there are going to be some upgrades to the site with a different look. Maybe this is partly why some threads are missing and they may be doing some transfering of threads.

I highly doubt it. In my opinion, got yanked completely on purpose.

Let's find Hannah!!!

It sure was nice for all us to be in the same thread together yesterday. :)

I'm bummed I didn't get to finish reviewing yesterday's thread posts before it was taken down, but I'll take the hit to my curiosity if it helps Hannah to be found and found sooner. I really hope it was removed because it contained information valuable to LE.

OK I'll continue where I left off. People were starting to discuss the effect of weather on the search/search dogs, and I wanted to chime in with this:

http://www.vetstreet.com/our-pet-exp...detection-dogs

Positive excerpt: Ideal conditions for an HHRD search: temperatures between 40 F and 75 F, high humidity, a moist ground and a light breeze.

From my understanding of search dogs. They can smell a scent for up to so many days or months. Only certain type wind effect there noses. s Some can search in any weather they are so well trained.

I think it would help. me personally I didn't buy the land owner excuse . " I got so much land I cant properly watch it or view it all." To me that is cop out. I remember a friend of mines was trying to get fence law on land owner and the city of richmond in effect and they pretty much ruined him and gave him so much hell and high water to deal with about with costs and etc etc.. . At the time I didn't understand his fight or reasoning seemed pretty silly to me. But as the years went by I really do think he was correct in his ways, Land owner need to high gate and barb ware 1 mile out their property on land along the line and city /state need high gate/bared wire as well the woods.

It create jobs and keep the public safe. Yes it costly at same time it highly effective measure to keep people off your property and animals and out the public.. It seems like cop-out these land owners are doing and city/state around the country and in Virginia.. How do have 30-40 acres of land and cant afford a 25 foot high prison like gate with barb wire along it.??

Some posters on fb are quite the WS authority. I really wish they would stop talking about the thread that was deleted and what was on it. Obviously there's a reason it was deleted. I guess there's no way to stop the info discussed on here from being spread all over the web.

Why hasn't someone told us why the thread was closed? The discussion about today's search had had been going on since late yesterday afternoon so that cannot be the reason. Or someone was asleep on their moderating job. But that is not our fault, so why would we be punished?

If you randomly punish a child, yet never tell them what they did wrong, it will make them submissive, then crazy. BF Skinner.

I think it is crazy to not be curious as to why you have been punished.

I like to follow the rules so I like to know what they are. Am I just too conscientious?

Well, I just checked in after working all afternoon on my real job. Sounds like my reports have been considered a hoax. If that is the case I will withdraw from the thread. It would be foolish to continue the conversation on my end. If I said things that weren't supposed to be said about what I have seen, perhaps that is a problem as well. I am not trying to hurt any search effort for sure.

Well, I just checked in after working all afternoon on my real job. Sounds like my reports have been considered a hoax. If that is the case I will withdraw from the thread. It would be foolish to continue the conversation on my end. If I said things that weren't supposed to be said about what I have seen, perhaps that is a problem as well. I am not trying to hurt any search effort for sure.
Not sure exactly what happened, buy suspect it was due to your info. Either LE doesn't want it out here, or MODs don't think it's verifiable.
Stick around, though!

FWIW, I don't think it's a hoax.

Some posters on fb are quite the WS authority. I really wish they would stop talking about the thread that was deleted and what was on it. Obviously there's a reason it was deleted. I guess there's no way to stop the info discussed on here from being spread all over the web.

Thats why they don't allow fb rumors and those folk here. Some of them don't understand speculations from theory(brainstorming) or facts which none had any of.. every thing on Fb they say is a gospel fact in the highest notes of song and say.. It hurt the cases, people lives etc etc.

I remember Gamisha Gilbert case. Some Fb pro know it all, made a claim the girl clothing found in another section of the her body finding could have be anybody. It really pissed me off, because I know for certain that young woman didn't walk all that way in 15 degree near water temps. .I have seen it with own to eyes. You wouldn't make it that far walking.

FWIW, I don't think it's a hoax.
I agree, I think it's real info. We can keep discussing other possibilities, but if Gilamon has more info that comes up, I would be interested in hearing it.

I am all for a moderator saying:

"Whoa, you guys cannot discuss this, we are closing/locking the thread and starting a new one, but no discussions about a supposed search, because it could compromise the investigation."

No one wants to do that, but I am left not knowing if we were and it doesn't sound like anyone knows.

Stick around man! It could be that we might need to just talk about more vague things right now so things don't get compromised.

Hopefully, if it was your posts, a mod will be in touch with you privately to clarify and with us on the board to explain.

The only thing I can suspect (assuming it doesn't come back up after mod clean-up) is that it was too close to the investigation to have on the publicly accessible interwebs. You were very careful not to give any more than a "country close" location, and hopefully LE will do everything they need to do in that area today/protect the area if they can't finish.

Not that it matters, but I personally don't think you did anything wrong. I do think sometimes we all forget how powerful a tool the internet can be - for both good and evil.

Keep searching for Hannah and stick around! Just don't give out any information that could jeopardize their investigation.

G, unless you were told specifically by the mods, or it was announced publicly, this is not your problem. I suspect it was the member-generated maps and over-specificity of the location information that caused problems. If searches are ongoing in specific areas, nobody wants random internet creepers or media folks to start traipsing around in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member