Hannah Graham: The Search - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the dogs had done a "definite" type response the first time, one would think that would have been checked out same day. I wonder if this site is one of a "tentative" reaction by dogs but worth taking a look now. I just can't imagine continuing searches if they had had the "correct" response weeks earlier, without digging. Jmo

Perhaps they were using search dogs the first time and now will be using cadaver dogs. jmho

Not far. I can't say I have driven to Anchorage from that park but I know the area and would guess 10 minutes maybe. One thing to understand is that the greater Charlottesville area is very large geographically---it takes an hour to go from one outlying side to the other if that makes sense. I used to live on the south side near Monticello but to get to North Garden was still a drive even though it too is on the south side of town. Now I live north of cvilld and it is unusual for me to travel back to that side of town because it is time-consuming. So, when I see that they are looking at this park, to me it makes sense because it is the same area as Anchorage even if it takes 10-15 minutes to drive between the two points. Plus, you have to realize that if you leave Charlottesville and get on 29 south, you take a http://www.websleuths.com/forums/member.php?u=74701right on Red Hill to get to the back of Anchorage and take a left on Red Hill to get to the park.

Thanks so much! That's what I wanted to know. If he placed Hannah in the park, he is in his comfort zone and it appears to be approximately the same distance he traveled with Morgan.

Why would LE be bringing in 200 volunteers on Sunday to dig at a site (or sites) flagged by search dogs? They could do that themselves. I'm so confused.....

Did anyone see Wolf Blitzer on CNN around 6ish EST? Coy Barefoot was on, and he said SAR dogs had "indicated" meaning they were on to something. No location was revealed. Anyhow, that seems like a big deal and have not seen it reported anywhere else. Did I dream that up? Anyone else hear that news?

I watched it here: http://www.cnn.com/go/

@MikeMurilloWTOP: Eggeman says he and CPD Chief Longo are discussing the possibility of more public searches for future weekends. #HannahGraham #WTOP

Sources tell journalist Coy Barefoot that searchers looking for Hannah Graham will dig at a spot flagged by search dogs

http://situationroom.blogs.cnn.com/2014/10/17/sources-graham-searchers-plan-to-dig/?iref=allsearch

I recall HankScorpio as our resident dog expert. Perhaps Hank or anyone else can elaborate on more meaning to-- the dogs "indicated" -- as reported by Coy. That word appeared to have specific meaning in dog search lingo. TIA

ETA: Virginia Search and Rescue Dog Association page has some good introductory info on "Indication/Alert", I see. (A worthy charitable organization, for sure.)

I think people are confusing the schedule 200 volunteer Walnut Creek Park Search for Sunday with the same area the dogs "indicated"... I do not believe that area has been disclosed...and pretty sure LE would not risk a contamination with this search JMO

I recall HankScorpio as our resident dog expert. Perhaps Hank or anyone else can elaborate on more meaning to-- the dogs "indicated" -- as reported by Coy. That word appeared to have specific meaning in dog search lingo. TIA

Tom Fuentes, the former assistant director of the FBI, didn't sound all that excited when Wolf Blitzer asked about his experience with dogs. He was saying there are often false positives. It would have been nice if he'd been even slightly more optimistic or encouraging! Let's hope the conditions were good and the dogs are correct.

eta link to tonight's interview: http://situationroom.blogs.cnn.com/2014/10/17/sources-graham-searchers-plan-to-dig/?iref=allsearch, in case there was any confusion to what I was referencing.

I think people are confusing the schedule 200 volunteer Walnut Creek Park Search for Sunday with the same area the dogs "indicated"... I do not believe that area has been disclosed...and pretty sure LE would not risk a contamination with this search JMO
Thank you! Honestly, I was confusing the two. I had assumed the dig and the volunteer search were both at WCPark.
Sooooo, it could be that they are digging near Gilamons place afterall...JMO pure speculation
Gilamon said her/his farm was 14 miles south of Cville off old Lynchburg rd. WCPark is 11 miles in the same direction, off the same road.

Gilamon? Are you here?

Agreed, I definitely gathered they were two different things. Wolf wanted to keep Coy brief (lol) it seemed, and a lot of info got mashed together quickly. No indications as to where the dig part of the search effort is to be going on.

What happened with the drone photos, information that was taken? I have not read any specific results of that investigation, other than LE was reviewing the information. Could the search upcoming search at Walnut Creek also be a result of something LE has seen from the air? Just wondering. :(

Is it weird that they didn't dig right then and there? I don't know how those kinds of searches work, though. It just seems they would dig right away...
Or do they need to go back with equipment?

Is it weird that they didn't dig right then and there? I don't know how those kinds of searches work, though. It just seems they would dig right away...
Or do they need to go back with equipment?

I imagine if they think there is something there, they will come prepared with everything they need to document and process what they find.

For people who are experts or maybe even trained somewhat, they can recognize disturbed soil.

I imagine it sinks in and the rain would have a big impact on revealing soil that has been displaced.

If not Hannah, then maybe someome else

What happened with the drone photos, information that was taken? I have not read any specific results of that investigation, other than LE was reviewing the information. Could the search upcoming search at Walnut Creek also be a result of something LE has seen from the air? Just wondering. :(

I recall some recent articles about the illegality of drone usage, even for search efforts, in VA. I wonder if that has implications and could be part of why not much more is coming out?

ETA: here's one along the lines of what I was talking about, time for me to read up ...
http://www.usnews.com/news/articles...ecomes-first-state-to-pass-drone-regulations-

I imagine if they think there is something there, they will come prepared with everything they need to document and process what they find.

For people who are experts or maybe even trained somewhat, they can recognize disturbed soil.

I imagine it sinks in and the rain would have a big impact on revealing soil that has been displaced.

If not Hannah, then maybe someome else
Good point. Imagine they find HG and AM in the same area? Mass grave site, anyone?[emoji15]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megamookie