Hannah Graham: The Search

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
HANNAH GRAHAM BREAKING: Search crews have converged on Carters Mountain Orchard. Multiple dog teams on site.

....brings to mind Natalie Holloway & the lighthouse..
Her poor parents.

JMO

So Parker Slaybaugh tweeted today that the search is ongoing at Carter Mountain Orchard. Anyone know if this is because of a tip or only because it falls within the search area?

I've been there a few times. Going up that driveway in daytime is scary enough, because it winds around a mountain, I can't imagine doing it in the dark!

I thought they had a gate that goes across the driveway when they're closed but maybe I'm wrong or they rarely close it. It would be extremely creepy if someone went there to pick their own apples or pumpkins and found a body. :fear:

So Parker Slaybaugh tweeted today that the search is ongoing at Carter Mountain Orchard. Anyone know if this is because of a tip or only because it falls within the search area?

I've been there a few times. Going up that driveway in daytime is scary enough, because it winds around a mountain, I can't imagine doing it in the dark!

I thought they had a gate that goes across the driveway when they're closed but maybe I'm wrong or they rarely close it. BBM: It would be extremely creepy if someone went there to pick their own apples or pumpkins and found a body. :fear:

Reminds me of the remains recently found of Holly Bobo and the most recent ones still unidentified. Both found by folks looking for ginseng.

I thought they had a gate that goes across the driveway when they're closed but maybe I'm wrong or they rarely close it. It would be extremely creepy if someone went there to pick their own apples or pumpkins and found a body. :fear:

I wonder if something in the undercarriage of his car connects to that location.

Attachments

• Carter Mountain Orchard - Copy.jpg
    Carter Mountain Orchard - Copy.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 62
  • Carter Mountain Orchard Search - Copy.jpg
    Carter Mountain Orchard Search - Copy.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 60
  • Hannah Graham Search - Copy.jpg
    Hannah Graham Search - Copy.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 53

Local gossip is that this is the (at least) third time there's been a search in that area in the past week.......

This is true. It is very quiet on that stretch of beach where he was located. You may see the occasional fisherman this time of year but they are pretty obvious, will usually have their poles stuck in the sand. An earlier news article linked on the locked discussion thread linked an article that said he was looking for food and for an ice chest shortly before his arrest.
Yet another example of his lack of planning and his impulsivity. If he left Hannah somewhere, my money is on him leaving her somewhere close to where he attacked her. He just doesn't think anything out.

Yet another example of his lack of planning and his impulsivity. If he left Hannah somewhere, my money is on him leaving her somewhere close to where he attacked her. He just doesn't think anything out.

I think he had it completely thought out. He saw her, followed her, interfered with her, took her to Tempo (where he was a regular, would have known there were no cameras), put her in his car, and she's gone. Hannah is probably in a secluded, rural location several miles from where she was last seen.

I think he had it completely thought out. He saw her, followed her, interfered with her, took her to Tempo (where he was a regular, would have known there were no cameras), put her in his car, and she's gone. Hannah is probably in a secluded, rural location several miles from where she was last seen.

I don't think he thinks things out very carefully at all. His actions just in this past week indicate taht to me. He saw Hannah, picked her up, went back to TEmpo, and he had to know that she was seen there, never mind the cameras. They knew him there and saw her with him. Figured he'd make his moves, and when he did, something went wrong (or right in that she resisted) and he ditched her. Maybe literally. Though it is increasingly unlikely, maybe alive. Or maybe without harming her and she ran into problems trying to get back to the mainstream. We don't know. Right now, LE and the way things look, he and she were together, probably in his car, and I doubt his intentions were honorable.

Interesting tidbit that they don't have her clothes. There was some speculation earlier that pieces of her clothing in his car or apartment could support probable cause for intent to defile, and now we know that is not part of the evidence.

AT first I didn't think so...now I do.
After seeing the videos a few times, imoo it's apparent JM watched a tipsy Hannah ....watched her, made a quick plan to get her a little tipsier so he could have control and rape her.

I think she will be found within 5 miles of JM's apartment.

AT first I didn't think so...now I do.
After seeing the videos a few times, imoo it's apparent JM watched a tipsy Hannah ....watched her, made a quick plan to get her a little tipsier so he could have control and rape her.

I think she will be found within 5 miles of JM's apartment.

I don't. It was pure opportunity and impulse, IMO. Probably has done similar before and gotten away with it. Not date rape really, but pick up rape. Pick up a girl whose clearly inebriated, turn on the charm, maybe give her a few more drinks and then make the moves. He should have known that he was seen at Tempo, had to know there were cameras in the mall. he just didn't think about them nor did he care. My guess is that a string of other such victims will come forth now. Though it's painful that there may be others, I hope they do step up because they may be able to shed some light on where he takes his pick ups, and it may help inf finding Hannah.

I do agree that whe will be found close to all of this, because he is careless, lazy and doesn't think things out. Crazy that had he dumped a body somewhere that he didn't get rid of all evidence and had his car detailed. And he did not. Filthy car filled with things from years, much less a week ago.

Very dangerous combination: lack of impulse control and will cross lines most of us simply will never do unless our own lives or others' are at stake.

Other people have posted in reply to your question so I won't say too much here, besides confirming that location data sent to a server ("the cloud") can be very detailed, but it can also depend on how the user had their phone configured. Speaking just for Android phones, it's possible for a user to turn off location data entirely, meaning apps won't have access to it. It's also possible to configure the location services to use high-accuracy, battery-saving, or GPS/device-only modes.

I don't understand why LE hasn't been able to hone in on the locations of where Hannah's phone has been. Unless the search areas are all indicitive fo that. It would seem to me that the most imperative thing was to find Hannah and that phone key to doing so. A map of the journey of that phone after she left the mall area should be circulating, not a map of where she went getting to the mall which is all over the place. Who cares how she got to the mall? It's where she went afterwards that's critical and where the public should be told so anyone seeing anything can report.

I've seen this with other missing persons cases. Ad nauseum reports, maps and drawings of the person BEFORE the last place seen. No info about afterwards, when there may be some ideas. If that phone even shows the direction away from the mall, within the city of Charlotteville, that direction and path should be shown. People seeing this might remember something. Especially an orange beater car. Or passing a vehicles or seeing vehicle at a given time that morning along certain roads.
But even in low-accuracy modes, it's striking to see just how sensitive the phone can be to a location change - with my own android phone, even with high-accuracy mode turned off, it will recognize if I leave my house and walk up my driveway. Plotted on a map this low-resolution location often appears wrong - it will show my phone as being two houses down, for example, instead of with me in my garage, but it still sees the 'delta', the change, and notes it with a timestamp.

I know the sheriff said they were searching where he was found and mentioned a 1300 mile swath to cover, but if something is recovered along his route of escape it's going to be items he attempted to dispose of; I think her body (sorry) is in or around Charlottesville. Although she wasn't reported missing for nearly 40 hours after last seen, he had no way of knowing she wouldn't be missed for so long.

Anyone heard of them planning to search around the Blue Ridge Parkway? It's only about a 20-30 min. drive from C'ville and bodies of those murdered have been found there before maybe JM could've remembered hearing about cases such as those and thought it could work for him. People thought before that he might not be likely to drive too far away in one of the general discussion threads before, but he just drove 1,300 miles so I don't see why he would have a problem with driving out of his way to get rid of her body.

Man, you don't hear them appealing to REALTORS to be searching any properties they go to for a victim or evidence!

“If you’re a [real estate agent] that serves the greater Charlottesville-Albemarle region — the nine surrounding counties — and you know that you are responsible for the sale of a piece of property or a building that’s vacant, we want to ask you to go that property and inspect it ... pick up that phone and call that tip line and let us know,” he said.

http://m.newsadvance.com/news/local...ba0-4501-11e4-a3ac-001a4bcf6878.html?mode=jqm

Interesting tidbit that they don't have her clothes. There was some speculation earlier that pieces of her clothing in his car or apartment could support probable cause for intent to defile, and now we know that is not part of the evidence.

Or would it be possible (for some reason) that LE does have some or all of these things and is trying to mislead a 2nd person who may have been involved so that they may watch his actions? Probably an "out there" thought but maybe worth mentioning, if for no other reason than to remind myself that LE may offert "information" in order to acheive a goal that none of us are aware of.

They have not mentioned her undergarments nor her jewelry (or at least her watch - not sure if she was wearing other jewelry). I would suspect that finding undergarments or jewelry in his car or residence would be even more damning than other clothing items. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
broccoli445