Hannah Graham: The Search

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Theres something to all this...how amazing would.it be to bust a trafficking ring in Nelson County? I've been to Nelson County and could 100% see it being under the radar out there.

If the idea of organized gangs in Central Virginia seems surprising, it shouldn’t, according to Albemarle Police spokesperson Carter Johnson, who says there are 183 verified gang members in the City of Charlottesville and Albemarle County, and police suspect the number of active gang members is higher. In addition to numerous “homegrown” gangs, Johnson said there are more than half a dozen national gangs with branches that reach into the Charlottesville community.

The Bloods are the largest gang with numerous sets,” said Johnson. Other national gangs active locally include the Crips, MS13, the Latin Kings, Gangster Disciples, 18th Street, and Sureno 13, according to Johnson

http://www.c-ville.com/gang-charges-added-in-kevin-quick-case/#.VCx8j3ktBjo

Fisher said while there is the possibility the girl is just a missing person, there are signs she was lured to Northern Virginia and then forced into human trafficking, perhaps by a gang. The Sheriff's Office is now being assisted in the case by the FBI, which has assigned a Richmond-based agent to the case, as well as the Virginia Attorney General's Office and a human trafficking task force in Maryland.

http://www.dailyprogress.com/newsvi...cle_b42c1a0e-8844-11e2-b64b-0019bb30f31a.html

http://www.fbi.gov/washingtondc/pre...ars-for-leading-juvenile-sex-trafficking-ring
Virginia Gang Leader Sentenced to 40 Years for Leading Juvenile Sex Trafficking Ring

ALEXANDRIA, VA—Justin Strom, aka “Jae,” “Jae Dee,” or “J-Dirt,” 27, of Lorton, Virginia, was sentenced today to serve 40 years in prison for leading a gang-controlled prostitution business that recruited and trafficked high school girls over a five- to six-year period. One of Strom’s associates, Henock Ghile, 23, of Springfield, Virginia, also was sentenced today to 10 years in prison for serving as a driver in the sex trafficking enterprise. In total, five gang members or associates have been convicted of sex trafficking juveniles in connection with this case.

people just want to believe these theories b/c they involve HG still being alive which is understandable.

Yeah, I think that she is deceased, but this will drag on for years if she isn't found. The DNA alone won't convict him of MH's murder, and no body found in HG's disappearance would be an uphill battle for a conviction. I feel badly for Charlottesville and environs, because this has gone on for so long and probably will. At least he is off the street, for now. JMO

If the idea of organized gangs in Central Virginia seems surprising, it shouldn’t, according to Albemarle Police spokesperson Carter Johnson, who says there are 183 verified gang members in the City of Charlottesville and Albemarle County, and police suspect the number of active gang members is higher. In addition to numerous “homegrown” gangs, Johnson said there are more than half a dozen national gangs with branches that reach into the Charlottesville community.

The Bloods are the largest gang with numerous sets,” said Johnson. Other national gangs active locally include the Crips, MS13, the Latin Kings, Gangster Disciples, 18th Street, and Sureno 13, according to Johnson

http://www.c-ville.com/gang-charges-added-in-kevin-quick-case/#.VCx8j3ktBjo

Fisher said while there is the possibility the girl is just a missing person, there are signs she was lured to Northern Virginia and then forced into human trafficking, perhaps by a gang. The Sheriff's Office is now being assisted in the case by the FBI, which has assigned a Richmond-based agent to the case, as well as the Virginia Attorney General's Office and a human trafficking task force in Maryland.

http://www.dailyprogress.com/newsvi...cle_b42c1a0e-8844-11e2-b64b-0019bb30f31a.html

There are known trafficking problems in Northern VA (north of Cville), Richmond (east of Cville), and Harrisonburg (west of Cville).

http://www.fbi.gov/washingtondc/pre...ars-for-leading-juvenile-sex-trafficking-ring
Virginia Gang Leader Sentenced to 40 Years for Leading Juvenile Sex Trafficking Ring

ALEXANDRIA, VA—Justin Strom, aka “Jae,” “Jae Dee,” or “J-Dirt,” 27, of Lorton, Virginia, was sentenced today to serve 40 years in prison for leading a gang-controlled prostitution business that recruited and trafficked high school girls over a five- to six-year period. One of Strom’s associates, Henock Ghile, 23, of Springfield, Virginia, also was sentenced today to 10 years in prison for serving as a driver in the sex trafficking enterprise. In total, five gang members or associates have been convicted of sex trafficking juveniles in connection with this case.

There are known trafficking problems in Northern VA (north of Cville), Richmond (east of Cville), and Harrisonburg (west of Cville).

There was also a case a few months in Albemarle County (next to Cville), of a local man who was kidnapped by local gang members and murdered. They found his body near Richmond.

I had hoped the whole human trafficking theory had been done to death. I realize it happens but I dont think Hannahs case fits for reasons that have already been gone over and over.Everyone is entitled to their opinion but it just doesn't fit for me. I'd love for Hannah to still be alive but I would fear for her more if I believed she was a victim of human trafficking, it is my opinion that with a case this high profile any "trafficking gang" would have disposed of her as soon as she became national news.
I'll come back when it's been agreed and disagreed with for 10 more pages.
Jmo.

I don't understand why everything is sealed unless they are afraid someone will be killed(Hannah?) if the information leaks out before they move in.

There are various reasons for sealing warrants - my guess the cops are still building their case(s) - it could unfairly influence the possible jury pool if the public knows what's being looked for. Could also be that they are looking for specific items that may not be in the possession/location of the person/property, but rather somewhere else and they don't want the defendant/his family/friends/accomplices to get to the items and destroy them or remove them. Could also be that they don't want people's names released of property they are searching so that the public doesn't try to intervene or seek vigilante justice. I don't think they are deliberately trying to hide info - I think they just want to be careful - it's looking like we are probably dealing with a serial rapist/murderer and one misstep and he's free on a technicality.

I had hoped the whole human trafficking theory had been done to death. I realize it happens but I dont think Hannahs case fits for reasons that have already been gone over and over.Everyone is entitled to their opinion but it just doesn't fit for me. I'd love for Hannah to still be alive but I would fear for her more if I believed she was a victim of human trafficking, it is my opinion that with a case this high profile any "trafficking gang" would have disposed of her as soon as she became national news.
Jmo.

JMO It remains an albeit, remote possibility until her remains are found and an autopsy performed. We need to know THAT she died and HOW she died and WHERE she died. So far, it is still a mystery. JMO

Yeah, I think that she is deceased, but this will drag on for years if she isn't found. The DNA alone won't convict him of MH's murder, and no body found in HG's disappearance would be an uphill battle for a conviction. I feel badly for Charlottesville and environs, because this has gone on for so long and probably will. At least he is off the street, for now. JMO

Why can't DNA alone convict him for Morgan's murder? DNA is usually the determining factor even without a body...if they have even a hair of Hannah's found in his apartment or car....this would play a huge factor in convicting him without her being found even.

There are various reasons for sealing warrants - my guess the cops are still building their case(s) - it could unfairly influence the possible jury pool if the public knows what's being looked for. Could also be that they are looking for specific items that may not be in the possession/location of the person/property, but rather somewhere else and they don't want the defendant/his family/friends/accomplices to get to the items and destroy them or remove them. Could also be that they don't want people's names released of property they are searching so that the public doesn't try to intervene or seek vigilante justice. I don't think they are deliberately trying to hide info - I think they just want to be careful - it's looking like we are probably dealing with a serial rapist/murderer and one misstep and he's free on a technicality.

I don't believe JM has accomplices in his crimes, I just threw that in there as a generalization. It's very unusual for violent crimes to be committed in "pairs." Statistically, it more likely that JM is a lone wolf. I believe that he has acted alone - I don't believe that this was part of some drug or trafficking ring...

LE would not put such an incredible amount of resources into body recovery if they thought HG had been trafficked. It defies logic.

Charlottesville is concentrating on finding her. Trafficking is a FEDERAL issue. JMO

It's still unclear whether there was in fact DNA on the remains or just on her shirt. If it was definitely found on her body, that's going to be hard to explain. Depending on how much was found on her shirt - it could be explained by him having his hand around her. My speculation is that she was a tiny girl - he's a big guy - in order to get her to the location on Anchorage Farm, I think he threw her over his shoulder and just hiked back with her, in which case, I think he would have left a huge amount of DNA on the shirt.

What baffles me is why/how the shirt got thrown out on that bush? Why not burn it or bury it in the trash? That's also why I think he fled to Texas before he was charged with anything - he knew the cops were closing in on him and his house of cards was going to come crashing down - it was only a matter of time before they linked him to MH and the Fairfax rape...

Unless LE has some info about a trafficking connection........probably not, but they have to consider it. Maybe JM was a big stooge for a group, whose job it was to snag the girls..... nah, he is too poor to have made side money....and it doesn't seem like anyone helped him run except his sister, by allowing him to have the keys to her car. And where IS his dog? Just thinking out loud, lol JMO

The one thing I wondered is if his side money went to his grandmother. I don't doubt his connection to her. She raised him, and he LOOOVVVEEESSS her cooking...

Why can't DNA alone convict him for Morgan's murder? DNA is usually the determining factor even without a body...if they have even a hair of Hannah's found in his apartment or car....this would play a huge factor in convicting him without her being found even.

I think they would need it to be blood or crime-related DNA...not just a hair showing she was with him. Jmo

It's still unclear whether there was in fact DNA on the remains or just on her shirt. If it was definitely found on her body, that's going to be hard to explain. Depending on how much was found on her shirt - it could be explained by him having his hand around her. My speculation is that she was a tiny girl - he's a big guy - in order to get her to the location on Anchorage Farm, I think he threw her over his shoulder and just hiked back with her, in which case, I think he would have left a huge amount of DNA on the shirt.

What baffles me is why/how the shirt got thrown out on that bush? Why not burn it or bury it in the trash? That's also why I think he fled to Texas before he was charged with anything - he knew the cops were closing in on him and his house of cards was going to come crashing down - it was only a matter of time before they linked him to MH and the Fairfax rape...
Maybe a family member or friend found his trophy and it was their silent attempt to drawer LE in his direction without actually turning him in? Silly I know.

We've all wondered that. Chief Longo says he still feels Hannah could be alive.

https://twitter.com/RickBooneFOX5DC/status/517381298311413761

Doesn't Longo sort of have to say that, though? Last time I saw him speak in public (I believe 9/25) at any length, he said, "obviously that chance is diminishing with every day" (or something along those lines). It sounded like he didn't really want to say, "no hope," partly because of her parents' feelings, but he didn't really believe it himself.

Too many unknowns. We THINK that she got in his car. We do not know that she did. We do not know what the DNA linkage is. If it is semen, even that does not prove that he killed her. Because of her reported condition, that would be evidence of rape, but we do not know how she died.JMO

Jmo.

I recently attended a sex trafficking info session in Fairfax Co., where it is a real concern. This was conducted by a county task force run by courts. From what I learned most trafficking, at least in NoVA, is gang-related and the victims are much younger than Hannah, average age 13. They also are generally "groomed" by becoming "girlfriends" w/ gang members, rather than snatched in the night. They are slowly pimped out to friends of the gang member etc. Often they still live at home, but attend "skip parties" during the school day and are trafficked during the day on weekends. Some go to school and participate in school activities. Often these children (not all girls) are having family problems and have low self-esteem. Hannah does not fit this profile, IMO. JM seems like a guy with very big issues. I assume if he had gang connections we would know that by now.

Longo said he thinks she is alive...but it could be just positive thinking, keeping motivated...

Did he say he "thinks" shes still alive or that he "feels" she is still alive? The two are used interchangeably by a lot of people today but to someone his (my)age they mean two totally different things.

You think with your head and feel with your heart.

And either can be dead wrong at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member