Has the case fizzled a bit?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think the reason why the media is so IDI despite all the evidence to the contrary is because John and his team are very media-savvy and are very good with PR. Expecting the media to ask John "So what is your opinion on Patsy's handwriting matching the ransom note?" is like expecting the media to grill Tom Cruise on his scientology during an interview. This is the reason why the media is able to embarrass ordinary people on TV but interviews with celebrities are very much to their guidelines. I am not trying to compare the R's to movie stars, but it's the same media that reports on everyone, and the fact that John can still get sympathetic interviews by legitimate media organizations sixteen years after his daughter was found dead in his own home is proof that he has very good media connections/savvy-ness.

yep
nobody has the guts to ask the right questions!not even LE did it when they had the chance
I've said it before and I will repeat it cause this man deserves all my respect :cheers::blowkiss:, Kane was the only one who really tried (interviews),he was close...oh I so would love him back on this case!

:ditto:

males are not usually up to date with fashion trends... they'd have no idea that bell-bottoms are still being made today, except they're now called "flares". and, as someone who worked in retail for several years: they are still as popular as ever :)

Actually, being male I have to admit I haven't got a clue about fashion trends.
My 7 year old is already rolling her eyes at me....

JR claiming he had a "business meeting" he couldn't miss is one of the more outrageous lies he told. And it seems, once again, LE dropped the ball on calling him out on it.
He also said he wanted to get his family away from danger. Which is it? Because when you change your stories as much as they did- it is obvious they are guilty. That's what guilty people do.
And police never asked him how this "business meeting" came up so quickly when he was scheduled to fly to his summer home to celebrate with his older kids and THEN go on a Disney cruse to celebrate Patsy's 40th birthday.
But immediately after finding his daughter's "kidnapped" body he claims he had a business meeting? If it wasn't such a tragic event it would be comical.

DeeDee249,
ITA. But in a sense it either reveals JR's ineptitude or his state of mind, I prefer the latter.

I think from the start of proceedings, i.e. 911 call, JR expected to be arrested. As events transpired JR realized he could fix a few things along the way, i.e. move forensic evidence around in the basement, tell a few tall tales, in general attempt to influence the narrative.

This is exemplified with JR finding JonBenet's body on a first attempt, a classic case of an alleged killer injecting himself into the case, so to solve it, and bring closure.

The assumed psychological closure then allows JR to say, well job done, lets move on, I have an agenda, whats next, Oh an appointment in another state, well lets fly there!

I think JR was being opportunistic here, but this belies his state of mind, i.e. why would an innocent father wish to flee interstate, so soon after discovering his daughters corpse?

Answers on a postcard to JR's new wife, who I reckon will be on tranquilizers after hearing about the GJ deliberations!

Yep, UK Guy - Wasn't it Dr. Lee who commented "rice already cooked"?

And we can only wonder if the new Mrs. R is, indeed, sick and tired of cooked rice by now!

quote from Kolar's letter to Lacy:

"What I discovered during my review of this case leads me to believe that it is solvable."

"I believe there are specific records and testimony that were not sought during the first inquiry that are key to solving this case ..."

and earlier in the book he mentioned some medical records and BR's psychiatric records....what I wonder is....are we interested in BR as a witness or a suspect....cause if Kolar thinks this case is SOLVABLE....maybe he doesn't think BDI after all?

very interesting!

so basically.....all it takes is someone who really wants to solve it!

also there is another thing he says that really makes me wonder who he is talking about....if BDI,he would have chosen his words differently...maybe...dunno....IMO

"One has to be committed, however, to pursuing the truth,examining every lead of merit that that presents itself,and be willing to explore the darker side of human behavior"

I completely understand if my post will be deleted or if I deserve time out :jail:but I can't help myself....after reading half of Kolar's book all I can say is...now it's cristal clear to me......Mary Lacy is a CORRUPT IDIOT!!!:stormingmad:

hope someone will take care of it someday!it's her fault that things didn't move forward

Hey madeleine - Your first read through of Kolar's book?? Wow, you are really going to discover some juicy stuff. Have you picked up on the 'daggers' yet?
And everything you posted today, IMO, is spot on. I couldn't say enough times that Kolar is asking us to look beyond the disclosure that Burke was ALSO suffering from abuse and a psychological/psychiatric disorder.

The fact that Kolar recaptures information in an entire chapter devoted to, guess who, our pal JR of course, says the most to me about who is supposed to be getting attention. Solvable?? Indeed.
Darker side?? Indeed. More than most of us can imagine, I am afraid.

also what I find very interesting is that he says if we wanna know the truth we must pay attention to BR's conduct 25/26 dec and the mental HISTORY of the FAMILY.....
IMO this doesn't necessarily points to BDI...his behavior maybe as a witness?confessed/slipped something to FW?and that's why the R lawyers went straight to FW to learn how much he knows?

oh and Kolar mentions at one point something re some medical records related to JOHN's 98 interview...I didn't really get that part and what he means....?

I asked a while ago....do we know ANYTHING related to JR's mental history (especially period after Beths death,medication,therapy,etc)?

to ME and this is only my opinion...when someone so close to the case says it's solvable....well,if PDI,she's dead,dead end IMO,game over,she's dead,she paid the price,why bother.....
if BDI,he was 9,no charges can be brought,all they can do is expose him,what good will that bring....

so to ME solvable would mean CHARGES....and the only one left is DADDY....

just my thoughts,dunno what Kolar meant....

Hey madeleine - Your first read through of Kolar's book?? Wow, you are really going to discover some juicy stuff. Have you picked up on the 'daggers' yet?
And everything you posted today, IMO, is spot on. I couldn't say enough times that Kolar is asking us to look beyond the disclosure that Burke was ALSO suffering from abuse and a psychological/psychiatric disorder.

The fact that Kolar recaptures information in an entire chapter devoted to, guess who, our pal JR of course, says the most to me about who is supposed to be getting attention. Solvable?? Indeed.
Darker side?? Indeed. More than most of us can imagine, I am afraid.

anyway,his book so far somehow confirmed (or at least this is how I feel) something I always felt about this case......that there is something dark and creepy about the one who did it,the one/ones who staged it or both...our killer is a pretty disturbed individual ....and JB's death wasn't a simple accident...(parent losing it and pushing her around>>bashed head>>death, siblings fight gone wrong,etc...)

to ME and this is only my opinion...when someone so close to the case says it's solvable....well,if PDI,she's dead,dead end IMO,game over,she's dead,she paid the price,why bother.....
if BDI,he was 9,no charges can be brought,all they can do is expose him,what good will that bring....

so to ME solvable would mean CHARGES....and the only one left is DADDY....

just my thoughts,dunno what Kolar meant....

madeleine,
JR can be charged with some catch-all conspiracy charge to aide and abett homicide etc?

I reckon its either JDI or BDI, given the evidence of sexual assault and the amateur manner in which it was carried out, that seems to make BDI more probable, but thats just an opinion based on a small fraction of the available evidence.

Kolar has seen and knows much more that what he is saying in public.

can JR still be charged with false police report? (child reported missing/kidnapped) + lying to officials/police?

can JR still be charged with false police report? (child reported missing/kidnapped) + lying to officials/police?

madeleine,
Only if the prosecuter or DA can prove JR knew the 911 call was false and that some of his subsequent statements are not fact but invention.

it's not THAT hard to prove that he KNEW she was dead in the basement when he reported her missing...sorry,maybe now it is too late...but it wouldn't have been hard back then ...ugh it's so frustrating!

why on earth did the cops agree to that interview format?why did they hand over the questions to the R lawyers?aghhh...makes me cry and bang my head!!!

Wouldn't the GJ have gotten all the medical records? I believe they could have requested the phone records too. The weirdest part of this whole mess is that the day after BR testified, the GJ reached their verdict.
I do remember JR taking Prozak, but I don't remember when.

If BR was the one responsible, we will never see the cold case committee decide to take it on.
Even if BR killed her, and he had help in staging, the whole thing once again goes back to his age when it happened.
The verdict by the GJ should not be ignored, but it seems like there is not one person with the guts to delve into this mess.
We know there's lots of untested evidence, and probably many things that AH chose not to bring forward.
All the lawsuits brought BR a pile of money - and it could be a case of "like Father, like Son", and the money is all he cared about. It just bothers me, because the money was a result of his sister's death.

madeleine,
JR can be charged with some catch-all conspiracy charge to aide and abett homicide etc?

I reckon its either JDI or BDI, given the evidence of sexual assault and the amateur manner in which it was carried out, that seems to make BDI more probable, but thats just an opinion based on a small fraction of the available evidence.

Kolar has seen and knows much more that what he is saying in public.

The problem is that only MURDER has no statute of limitations. The other charges do, and even though they are related to the murder, the statutes have expired on the other charges.

Wouldn't the GJ have gotten all the medical records? I believe they could have requested the phone records too. The weirdest part of this whole mess is that the day after BR testified, the GJ reached their verdict.
I do remember JR taking Prozak, but I don't remember when.

Darlene, I'm not sure if the medical and phone records were provided to the GJ -- Hunter had previously blocked BPD from subpoenaing them. Also, the good Dr. Beuf said in a TV interview that he would destroy his records before he would turn them over.

Yes, I agree with you about the timing of the GJ actions. (For anyone not familiar with the sequence, here's a good link.) Just consider while reading over the sequence that if -- if the GJ determined that it was BDI, and considering that a minor cannot be charged (or even named) in Colorado... is there anything about the sequence that doesn't make sense? Especially now that we know that the GJ decided to indict JR/PR, but Hunter squelched it. Notice that the parents were indicted without even being called to the testify.

Also, does anyone remember this interview?

Darlene, I'm not sure if the medical and phone records were provided to the GJ -- Hunter had previously blocked BPD from subpoenaing them. Also, the good Dr. Beuf said in a TV interview that he would destroy his records before he would turn them over.

Yes, I agree with you about the timing of the GJ actions. (For anyone not familiar with the sequence, here's a good link.) Just consider while reading over the sequence that if -- if the GJ determined that it was BDI, and considering that a minor cannot be charged (or even named) in Colorado... is there anything about the sequence that doesn't make sense? Especially now that we know that the GJ decided to indict JR/PR, but Hunter squelched it. Notice that the parents were indicted without even being called to the testify.

Also, does anyone remember this interview?

otg,
Also note the contradiction in Hunter's statement, i.e. he believes there is insufficient evidence but the GJ considers the parents should face charges relating to abuse.

So what kind of evidence about abuse did the GJ hear, this is patently what Hunter does not want anyone to know.

It could be the case that the GJ know it is BDI, but also know that JR and PR were involved, one of which may actually have killed JonBenet, so on this basis they wanted them indicted?

If they did not think it was BDI, I reckon they thought JR was responsible.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csiapril77
Back